PDA

View Full Version : "It was a business decision"

WagonCircler
12-28-2016, 10:46 AM
Listening to rocket scientist Anthony Lynn's first press conference. Asked who would be starting at QB, first he said "Kordell Jones" before correcting himself, saying EJ Manuel". Asked why, he said "It was a business decision."

When asked whether or not it was his choice he said "It was OUR choice."

This is the ghost of Bills future.

Rest in peace, Buffalo Bills. The 2016 Grim Reaper claims yet another.

Thurmal
12-28-2016, 11:22 AM
I've never heard of Kordell Jones, but given what they have at the QB position right now, I'm willing to give him a shot.

The Jokeman
12-28-2016, 11:28 AM
I've never heard of Kordell Jones, but given what they have at the QB position right now, I'm willing to give him a shot.

http://awfulannouncing.com/the-locker/lets-hope-espn-learns-cardale-jones-name-monday.html

WagonCircler
12-28-2016, 11:30 AM
Later, when pressed about the decision to start EJ, and whether he agreed with it, Lynn said "I wasn't in the room when that decision was made".

k-oneputt
2019 both Lynn and Whaley will be sent packing.

I really hope I'm wrong but I'm not to enthused with that combo running the show.

trapezeus
so the baton of unaccountability has been passed on. nicely lynn steps into the "void" approach of making bad decisions. no one knows who shot the bullet. we just all know the prisoner/season is dead. jerks.

trapezeus
12-28-2016, 11:32 AM
I'm only following this thread and didn't hear the press conference myself. but this is press conference is reason alone to not get the job. be prepared for a tough line of questioning and he says the wrong qb and then corrects himself that he wasn't in the room for "our" decision? Kim jung il is probably watching this trying to figure out how to have this level of influence on people.

Yasgur's Farm
12-28-2016, 11:53 AM
MEANWHILE... IN OTHER NEWS... REX RYAN LEAVES BEHIND WASTEPAPER BASKET FULL OF TOE NAIL CLIPPINGS IN WAKE OF SUDDEN DEPARTURE!!!

Ed
12-28-2016, 11:59 AM
I really don't understand the point of trying to grill Lynn on the qb decision. We all know it's not his choice and that Tyrod is sitting because they don't want to risk injury to him in a meaningless game, and keep their options open regarding his contract.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-28-2016, 12:01 PM
I'm only following this thread and didn't hear the press conference myself. but this is press conference is reason alone to not get the job. be prepared for a tough line of questioning and he says the wrong qb and then corrects himself that he wasn't in the room for "our" decision? Kim jung il is probably watching this trying to figure out how to have this level of influence on people.

he probably would be, if he didn't die 5 years ago.
Kim Jung Un is the current lunatic in charge

DraftBoy
12-28-2016, 12:17 PM
he probably would be, if he didn't die 5 years ago.
Kim Jung Un is the current lunatic in charge

Kim Jonh Il didn't die, he simply ascended to the heaves to take his rightful place at the right hand of the father. At least that's what the North Korean media reported.

WagonCircler
12-28-2016, 12:33 PM
I really don't understand the point of trying to grill Lynn on the qb decision. We all know it's not his choice and that Tyrod is sitting because they don't want to risk injury to him in a meaningless game, and keep their options open regarding his contract.

Oh, that's easy. It's to remove all doubt that he's a puppet. It took roughly ten seconds.

Jimkelly12203
12-28-2016, 12:59 PM
How in the name of god can you spend 1.2 billion dollars on something and allow it to be run like this? It's mind boggling!

feldspar
12-28-2016, 12:59 PM
If he Lynn gets the Head Coach gig, he most certainly WILL be a puppet of Whaley's.

...not good, my friend.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2016, 01:04 PM
Everything about this team is a business decision.

It's been that way for almost 20 years now.

Want to send a message? Half of season ticket holders need to decide not to renew their tickets for next season. Have the stadium a 1/3 empty every Sunday.

To get the people in charge to realize fans have had enough of this crap, you have to hit em where it hurts. Their pocketbook.

We can all rant and rave as much as we want, lambaste decisions on message boards and talk radio, have our local Bills coverage guys Sully and Bucky make a mockery in the press of this organization...none of that matters if the stadium is still full and there's 55,000 season ticket holders.

DraftBoy
12-28-2016, 01:10 PM
Everything about this team is a business decision.

It's been that way for almost 20 years now.

Want to send a message? Half of season ticket holders need to decide not to renew their tickets for next season. Have the stadium a 1/3 empty every Sunday.

To get the people in charge to realize fans have had enough of this crap, you have to hit em where it hurts. Their pocketbook.

We can all rant and rave as much as we want, lambaste decisions on message boards and talk radio, have our local Bills coverage guys Sully and Bucky make a mockery in the press of this organization...none of that matters if the stadium is still full and there's 55,000 season ticket holders.

You really think even if half the season ticket holders non-renewed the stadium would still be 1/3 empty? I'm not sure that happens.

TacklingDummy
12-28-2016, 01:16 PM
The NFL is a business. It's a smart move benching Tyrod and now all they need is for Dareus to fail another drug test.

WagonCircler
12-28-2016, 01:20 PM
You really think even if half the season ticket holders non-renewed the stadium would still be 1/3 empty? I'm not sure that happens.

And that's the problem. And they (Brandon, et. al.) know it.

Bills games are no longer about the Bills. They're about the party. The Bills are secondary. And since the NFL TV contracts guarantee a profit, and since franchises grow in value like no other investment on Earth, there's really no urgency to win. That's why feeling personally comfortable with front office members trumps winning for Pegula, just like it did with Wilson.

Jimkelly12203
12-28-2016, 01:33 PM
The NFL is a business. It's a smart move benching Tyrod and now all they need is for Dareus to fail another drug test.
It is a smart move benching Taylor. But it's only smart because the moron running the football team allowed a clause to be inserted into the contract that no respectable GM would ever permit.

And despite the fact that it is smart to sit Taylor it's not a good look when your HC (interim or not) is clearly not the one making that decision.

It hasn't been good here in a long time. But ever since Ralph, in his diminished capacity, handed over the keys to Brandon this organization has been a clinic in how to run an inept franchise. It has only gotten worse under Whaley.

Bill Cody
12-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Lynn is off to a great start

DraftBoy
12-28-2016, 01:48 PM
And that's the problem. And they (Brandon, et. al.) know it.

Bills games are no longer about the Bills. They're about the party. The Bills are secondary. And since the NFL TV contracts guarantee a profit, and since franchises grow in value like no other investment on Earth, there's really no urgency to win. That's why feeling personally comfortable with front office members trumps winning for Pegula, just like it did with Wilson.

Ok and what is the problem?

Mr. Pink
12-28-2016, 01:54 PM

The problem is there is no incentive for the franchise to change anything.

They're run like a business and the only thing that matters to them is the bottom line, so the only way to send a message to them is to hurt their bottom line.

Will only selling around 25k season tickets necessarily mean the stadium will be a 1/3 empty every Sunday? No. But you have to imagine it'll be harder selling 45k single game seats than 20k.

The real problem is I don't even know how much that hurts their bottom line with the NFL's general business model.

DraftBoy
12-28-2016, 01:54 PM
It is a smart move benching Taylor. But it's only smart because the moron running the football team allowed a clause to be inserted into the contract that no respectable GM would ever permit.

Really? You realize that the Seahawks gave rookie Rick Mirer a $3 million dollar clause in 1993 that if the world was annihilated, he was guaranteed that money and that they had to agree on what would constitute compensation since the world would technically be over.

WagonCircler
12-28-2016, 01:56 PM

The problem is the bullshift promises Pegula makes. They're straight up lies. They're bait and switch. Bills fans are the most loyal (and unfortunately, gullible) in the NFL. We deserve better.

Apparently you like it. Most of us don't. We've kept this franchise afloat because it's been better than nothing. And because UB football sucks, and there will never, ever be a 70,000 strong tailgate at one of their games. We deserve better.

coastal
12-28-2016, 01:58 PM
18 coming up

DraftBoy
12-28-2016, 01:58 PM
The problem is there is no incentive for the franchise to change anything.

They're run like a business and the only thing that matters to them is the bottom line, so the only way to send a message to them is to hurt their bottom line.

Considering they are a business, they should be run like one. If I invest a billion plus into a venture, you better believe I'm getting my cash back and some.

Will only selling around 25k season tickets necessarily mean the stadium will be a 1/3 empty every Sunday? No. But you have to imagine it'll be harder selling 45k single game seats than 20k.

Probably, but the market in Buffalo is entirely different from almost every other NFL city.

The real problem is I don't even know how much that hurts their bottom line with the NFL's general business model.

Between nil and zero more than likely.

DraftBoy
12-28-2016, 02:03 PM
The problem is the bullshift promises Pegula makes. They're straight up lies. They're bait and switch. Bills fans are the most loyal (and unfortunately, gullible) in the NFL. We deserve better.

Apparently you like it. Most of us don't. We've kept this franchise afloat because it's been better than nothing. And because UB football sucks, and there will never, ever be a 70,000 strong tailgate at one of their games. We deserve better.

If you bought into the idea of some messiah coming to be a fan first and businessman second once Ralph passed then I don't know what to tell you, but somebody blew some serious smoke, likely laced with something, in your face for a very long time.

Jimkelly12203
12-28-2016, 02:08 PM
If you bought into the idea of some messiah coming to be a fan first and businessman second once Ralph passed then I don't know what to tell you, but somebody blew some serious smoke, likely laced with something, in your face for a very long time.
I honestly dont think Pegs is in it for the money. He has all the money in the world. I do think he expects the thing to be profitable, but as has been pointed out, it is very difficult (impossible?) not to make money in the NFL.

He is a fan-owner. He does want to win.

It's just that he's in over his head. He has no experience running a football team and it shows. The minute he took ownership, the snake oil salesmen started kissing his ass. Now he's given his trust to the wrong people.

Think back to how honest he was about the situation when Marone left. He went to Whaley and Brandon and basically asked them "what the hell do we do now?" He had nowhere to turn. When he tried to turn to Polian, one of the sleaze bags in our front office (and possibly Marone) told Polian that people in the organization speak ill of him. That ended that thing...

Gonna get much worse before it gets better.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2016, 02:08 PM
Considering they are a business, they should be run like one. If I invest a billion plus into a venture, you better believe I'm getting my cash back and some.

Probably, but the market in Buffalo is entirely different from almost every other NFL city.

Between nil and zero more than likely.

There are franchises in sports that are run to win games and championships. Of course, making money goes along with winning championships at the end of the day but their main goal is to win, first and foremost. If it wasn't you wouldn't have teams like the Yankees under Steinbrenner who were dipped into the luxury tax by millions or the Cavs under Gilbert who are into the luxury tax by millions.

The Cavs are a prime example of a team can be in a small market, still spend a boatload of money and win.

Here, we just seem to have a franchise that wants to make money, winning doesn't matter.

WagonCircler
12-28-2016, 02:21 PM

Oh, I get it. You post here just thrilled with the status quo.

Congrats. You're an even bigger idiot than I thought.

And that's saying something.

The Jokeman
12-28-2016, 02:30 PM
There are franchises in sports that are run to win games and championships. Of course, making money goes along with winning championships at the end of the day but their main goal is to win, first and foremost. If it wasn't you wouldn't have teams like the Yankees under Steinbrenner who were dipped into the luxury tax by millions or the Cavs under Gilbert who are into the luxury tax by millions.

The Cavs are a prime example of a team can be in a small market, still spend a boatload of money and win.

Here, we just seem to have a franchise that wants to make money, winning doesn't matter.

and unlike the NBA the NFL rarely do we see it's best players move from franchise to franchise at will. Peyton might be an exception because of his injury.

trapezeus
12-28-2016, 03:20 PM
apologies that I mixed up my N. Korean dictators. but the point remains. these guys are getting away with anything they like. and they have half the fan base apologizing for it. I did my part. I gave up my season tickets for next year. and I will beat the drum to try and get people to stop assigning your passion for the bills because russ Brandon told you so. you love the bills because its a WNY cultural thing. It stands for something more and you badly want to see them succeed even when you know the odds are against them. Brandon is using that to his advantage. everyone should be repeating this.

he needs to come out from under his rock and aswer the questions. because its times like these that he doesn't show up at the press conferences. only the signings and the news events that are fun he takes credit for.

djjimkelly
12-28-2016, 04:57 PM
john clayton on wgr just said tyrod is for sure gone

WagonCircler
12-28-2016, 05:19 PM
john clayton on wgr just said tyrod is for sure gone

I think he is better off.

He would be worth keeping without the $30 MIL bonus. Keep him and draft QBs until you find a true franchise QB.

But no way he renegotiates and comes back here at a reduced rate. Not after the way he was treated.

sudzy
12-28-2016, 07:06 PM
Later, when pressed about the decision to start EJ, and whether he agreed with it, Lynn said "I wasn't in the room when that decision was made".

And he was OK with that. That's what kills me. He's just happy to have a job. Soon you'll see Lynn on the sideline calling up to the box, "Hey Doug, it's 4th and 2. Do you want me to go for it?" Oh, I see this ending well. Kind of like the Hindenburg only with more "Oh the humanity".

WagonCircler
12-28-2016, 07:10 PM

Actually, someone did blow serious make in my face. It was the Chicago Cubs.

Tom Ricketts. Fanboy-businessman, buys his favorite baseball team. Ends 108 year curse.

Goobylal
12-28-2016, 08:52 PM
Oh, that's easy. It's to remove all doubt that he's a puppet. It took roughly ten seconds.

And if he weren't a puppet, he'd have said/done...what?

And despite the fact that it is smart to sit Taylor it's not a good look when your HC (interim or not) is clearly not the one making that decision.

It hasn't been good here in a long time. But ever since Ralph, in his diminished capacity, handed over the keys to Brandon this organization has been a clinic in how to run an inept franchise. It has only gotten worse under Whaley.

Completely false. Most players with large option bonuses have injury clauses in their contracts.

And Lynn shouldn't be making the decision on who to play. Not when injury means you're stuck with that QB.

What promises has Pegula made?

Goobylal
12-28-2016, 08:54 PM
Actually, someone did blow serious make in my face. It was the Chicago Cubs.

Tom Ricketts. Fanboy-businessman, buys his favorite baseball team. Ends 108 year curse.

Ricketts bought the Cubs in 2009. That was 7 years ago. Do you know when the Pegulas bought the Bills?

Mace
12-28-2016, 08:59 PM

You make a lot more money when you win. I keep thinking we're trying to just can't, thought the same about Ralph. I suppose that's another problem.

Hire a real football guy somewhere already.

WagonCircler
12-28-2016, 09:21 PM
Ricketts bought the Cubs in 2009. That was 7 years ago. Do you know when the Pegulas bought the Bills?

There is ZERO indication that Pegula would ever hire a football version of Theo Epstein. Not now. Not ever.

Not with Russ Brandon around. And that cockroach would survive a nuclear war.

- - - Updated - - -

What promises has Pegula made?

Seriously?

Goobylal
12-28-2016, 09:49 PM
There is ZERO indication that Pegula would ever hire a football version of Theo Epstein. Not now. Not ever.

Not with Russ Brandon around. And that cockroach would survive a nuclear war.

The Cubs had the 5th highest payroll in MLB last year. You don't think that counts for something?

I'd like to see TE operate in a sport with a true salary cap. Not when he can have the top-5 highest spending team like he did with the Sox and Cubs.

Seriously?

Yeah, seriously. Let's hear it/them.

WagonCircler
12-28-2016, 11:09 PM
The Cubs had the 5th highest payroll in MLB last year. You don't think that counts for something?

I'd like to see TE operate in a sport with a true salary cap. Not when he can have the top-5 highest spending team like he did with the Sox and Cubs..

If Theo Epstein had to compete with a salary cap, he'd win within that system too.

The Bills are running into SERIOUS cap trouble with an likely sub .500 football team.

You can't seriously be blaming the Bills' problems on money, can you?

Pegula spends money like Richard Pryor in Brewster's Millions. Paying off coaches contacts alone costs a fortune. He spends hundreds of millions on things that aren't included in the cap, but he has done so much damage to the reputation of the Bills by sticking with the inherited front office, none of that money matters. No reputable HC candidate will come here now.

And he brags about winning a Stanley Cup in 5 years. That's relevant when you own both teams. I'm not going to do your Googling for you. It's common knowledge that Pegula promises winning teams and hasn't even come close to delivering.

I've been one of his staunches defenders all this time, because I felt that he was trying in earnest to deliver a winner here. After this week, I'm convinced that it was either all bull****, or that he's too gullible to ever succeed in delivering a winner. Anybody who keeps taking advice from losers like Whaley and Brandon deserves to lose.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-29-2016, 01:22 AM
How in the name of god can you spend 1.2 billion dollars on something and allow it to be run like this? It's mind boggling!

The business of business is to make money. As Ralph and now Pegs have seen people will buy tickets and merchandise and fill the stadium regardless of the team's on field performance. Want to make a change? Boycott the team. Sure Whaley could pull a rabbit out of his ass that is a respectable coach and then he him a qb he can work with, but assuming that does not materialize and I have no reason to think it will then don't buy tickets or merchandise. Sink local ratings for the Bills. They get a primetime game don't deal with the traffic come disguised as empty seats. Too many years they talk moving, but a year or two of Russ' marketing failing and poor performance on the field forces real change.

DraftBoy
12-29-2016, 07:36 AM
Oh, I get it. You post here just thrilled with the status quo.

Congrats. You're an even bigger idiot than I thought.

And that's saying something.

No, but I realize what football is and what it isn't. Football is a business for the owners and players. It's a form of entertainment for me and the remainder of fans. I don't agree with the concept that because I choose to pay money to be entertained that I'm owed anything beyond what I'm paying to see because I'm the one choosing to pay for it.

The concept of deserving or believing that something is owed to you as a fan of a sports team is something I've never understood.

WagonCircler
12-29-2016, 09:23 AM
The concept of deserving or believing that something is owed to you as a fan of a sports team is something I've never understood.

The concept of being delivered what's promised to you is something a consumer has every right to expect. And if you don't think we have been promised a playoff team, there's no talking to you, You're just being a dick.

DraftBoy
12-29-2016, 10:11 AM
The concept of being delivered what's promised to you is something a consumer has every right to expect. And if you don't think we have been promised a playoff team, there's no talking to you, You're just being a dick.

Fair enough, we don't agree on the premise of what is a consumer right and what isn't.

The Jokeman
12-29-2016, 10:30 AM
If Theo Epstein had to compete with a salary cap, he'd win within that system too.

The Bills are running into SERIOUS cap trouble with an likely sub .500 football team.

You can't seriously be blaming the Bills' problems on money, can you?

Pegula spends money like Richard Pryor in Brewster's Millions. Paying off coaches contacts alone costs a fortune. He spends hundreds of millions on things that aren't included in the cap, but he has done so much damage to the reputation of the Bills by sticking with the inherited front office, none of that money matters. No reputable HC candidate will come here now.

And he brags about winning a Stanley Cup in 5 years. That's relevant when you own both teams. I'm not going to do your Googling for you. It's common knowledge that Pegula promises winning teams and hasn't even come close to delivering.

I've been one of his staunches defenders all this time, because I felt that he was trying in earnest to deliver a winner here. After this week, I'm convinced that it was either all bull****, or that he's too gullible to ever succeed in delivering a winner. Anybody who keeps taking advice from losers like Whaley and Brandon deserves to lose.

According to http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2017/ the Bills have $32m in cap space and if we cut Him Tyrod can acquire $13m more. Tell me how is this a bad situation? Yes, I know Lorax, Gilmore and Woods (as well as most of our WRs) contracts are up. Yet with us likely not bringing back Gilmore or Tyrod we could bring back/add three or four guys for $5m each and maybe a few low cost vets and no more then $1m each and still be below the cap.

Historian
12-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Really? You realize that the Seahawks gave rookie Rick Mirer a $3 million dollar clause in 1993 that if the world was annihilated, he was guaranteed that money and that they had to agree on what would constitute compensation since the world would technically be over.

Were you even alive when Rick Mirer played?

DraftBoy
12-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Were you even alive when Rick Mirer played?

Yes, thank you very much.

trapezeus
12-29-2016, 11:10 AM
It's a business decision to not renew my season tickets until the organization has some...what's the word...organization.

Albany,n.y.
12-29-2016, 11:32 AM
According to the Tweets on WGR, Tyrod didn't practice today-only EJ & Jones. I wonder if they're even going to let Tyrod on the plane to NJ. I'll say the same thing I said when I 1st heard about the injury clause-Might as well cut him now.

trapezeus
12-29-2016, 11:50 AM
who is signing these bizarre outclauses. marrone can leave, dareus has no drug out clauses, TT can't get injured. all these people who have been sold as genius' for the last 20 years can't hide that they suck. I would rather just pull a 6th grade class out of Tonawanda and ask them to run the bills. over 17 years, they would get into the playoffs at least once.

WagonCircler
12-29-2016, 11:51 AM
Fair enough, we don't agree on the premise of what is a consumer right and what isn't.

Wow. Yup. You're being a dick.

WagonCircler
12-29-2016, 11:54 AM
According to http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2017/ the Bills have $32m in cap space and if we cut Him Tyrod can acquire $13m more. Tell me how is this a bad situation? Yes, I know Lorax, Gilmore and Woods (as well as most of our WRs) contracts are up. Yet with us likely not bringing back Gilmore or Tyrod we could bring back/add three or four guys for $5m each and maybe a few low cost vets and no more then $1m each and still be below the cap.

They have 25 FAs to re-sign or replace. A team that will not finish above .500. That's insane. Plus, you cut Tyrod, you need to find a QB. Let's say a miracle happens and that's a guy like Romo. Now you can add Tyrod's money and then some. And if you don't replace Tyrod's money, then you're a team with ZERO QBs. Good luck with that.

The Jokeman
12-29-2016, 02:01 PM
They have 25 FAs to re-sign or replace. A team that will not finish above .500. That's insane. Plus, you cut Tyrod, you need to find a QB. Let's say a miracle happens and that's a guy like Romo. Now you can add Tyrod's money and then some. And if you don't replace Tyrod's money, then you're a team with ZERO QBs. Good luck with that. Have you reviewed the list? I'll share it with you since it's worth looking at. I've bolded guys I'd want to keep and commented on the one's I'm letting go.

Stephon Gilmore CB 26 BUF TBD $3,021,038 If he wants to be paid as the top CB I'd look elsewhere.
E.J. Manuel QB 26 BUF TBD $2,221,325 UFA I'm curious what he does against the Jets, the only way I bring him back as a backup.
Percy Harvin WR 28 BUF TBD $1,740,000 One of Rex's guys who didn't perform.
Corbin Bryant DT 28 BUF TBD $1,671,000 In previous years he was valuable, this year he kinda disappeared.
Jordan Mills RT 26 BUF TBD $1,671,000 I haven't studied other UFAs but am sure there are better in the market.
Reggie Bush RB 31 BUF TBD $1,500,000 Once Brandon Tate became our primary returned he should have been cut.
Justin Hunter WR 25 BUF TBD $1,356,037 UFA
Zach Brown ILB 27 BUF TBD $1,250,000 UFA -
Robert Woods WR 24 BUF TBD $1,216,692 UFA
Jerome Felton FB 30 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA -
Ramon Humber OLB 29 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA -
Lorenzo Alexander OLB 33 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA -
Leger Douzable DT 30 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA -
James Ihedigbo SS 33 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA Another Rex disciple not worth it.
Robert Blanton SS 27 BUF TBD $840,000 UFA Good thing he only got a 1 year deal.
Corey White CB 26 BUF TBD $840,000 UFA He wasn't horrible and would consider him.
Colt Anderson SS 31 BUF TBD $840,000 UFA Brought in to help ST but got hurt so can't see him coming back.
Lerentee McCray OLB 26 BUF TBD $800,000 UFA He was a depth guy but not an impactful guy.
Brandon Tate WR 29 BUF TBD $760,000 UFA
Brandon Spikes ILB 29 BUF TBD $760,000 UFA He didn't do much and with Ragland back in 2017 not sure we have a place for him.
Sergio Brown FS 28 BUF TBD $760,000 UFA Who?
Marquise Goodwin WR 26 BUF TBD $713,469 If Listabee is healthy he's our new #4 WR but could also see looking to sign a veteran WR for depth.
IK Enemkpali OLB 25 BUF TBD $645,000 UFA Rex's guy who hasn't done much.
Chris Gragg TE 26 BUF TBD $554,794 UFA Unfortunately he got hurt in the preseason but thus far not done much. Maybe bring him back at veteran minimum.

Goobylal
12-29-2016, 07:08 PM

Have you reviewed the list? I'll share it with you since it's worth looking at. I've bolded guys I'd want to keep and commented on the one's I'm letting go.

Stephon Gilmore CB 26 BUF TBD $3,021,038 If he wants to be paid as the top CB I'd look elsewhere.
E.J. Manuel QB 26 BUF TBD $2,221,325 UFA I'm curious what he does against the Jets, the only way I bring him back as a backup.
Percy Harvin WR 28 BUF TBD $1,740,000 One of Rex's guys who didn't perform.
Corbin Bryant DT 28 BUF TBD $1,671,000 In previous years he was valuable, this year he kinda disappeared.
Jordan Mills RT 26 BUF TBD $1,671,000 I haven't studied other UFAs but am sure there are better in the market.
Reggie Bush RB 31 BUF TBD $1,500,000 Once Brandon Tate became our primary returned he should have been cut.
Justin Hunter WR 25 BUF TBD $1,356,037 UFA
Zach Brown ILB 27 BUF TBD $1,250,000 UFA -
Robert Woods WR 24 BUF TBD $1,216,692 UFA
Jerome Felton FB 30 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA -
Ramon Humber OLB 29 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA -
Lorenzo Alexander OLB 33 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA -
Leger Douzable DT 30 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA -
James Ihedigbo SS 33 BUF TBD $885,000 UFA Another Rex disciple not worth it.
Robert Blanton SS 27 BUF TBD $840,000 UFA Good thing he only got a 1 year deal.
Corey White CB 26 BUF TBD $840,000 UFA He wasn't horrible and would consider him.
Colt Anderson SS 31 BUF TBD $840,000 UFA Brought in to help ST but got hurt so can't see him coming back.
Lerentee McCray OLB 26 BUF TBD $800,000 UFA He was a depth guy but not an impactful guy.
Brandon Tate WR 29 BUF TBD $760,000 UFA
Brandon Spikes ILB 29 BUF TBD $760,000 UFA He didn't do much and with Ragland back in 2017 not sure we have a place for him.
Sergio Brown FS 28 BUF TBD $760,000 UFA Who?
Marquise Goodwin WR 26 BUF TBD $713,469 If Listabee is healthy he's our new #4 WR but could also see looking to sign a veteran WR for depth.
IK Enemkpali OLB 25 BUF TBD $645,000 UFA Rex's guy who hasn't done much.
Chris Gragg TE 26 BUF TBD $554,794 UFA Unfortunately he got hurt in the preseason but thus far not done much. Maybe bring him back at veteran minimum.

Good job.