• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zero
    Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
    • Oct 2004

Per Vic Carucci : Don't expect a thorough 'search'

It appears there is still no end in sight for this cycle of madness ...
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Per Vic Carucci : Don't expect a thorough 'search'

I think this is what a lot of us feel. until whaley and Brandon are out, there is no reason to think we can exceed 8 wins in any year. and we'll be asked to celebrate any 9 win season like we won the championship.

Comment

• Thurmal
      • Oct 2005

It's looking like the only real hope for change is them hiring Lynn and starting EJ next year (two things Whaley probably wants to do) and having them really bottom out by going like 2-14 or 3-13. Maybe that will be enough to justify some front office changes, which seem to be the real problem here.
      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
        It's looking like the only real hope for change is them hiring Lynn and starting EJ next year (two things Whaley probably wants to do) and having them really bottom out by going like 2-14 or 3-13. Maybe that will be enough to justify some front office changes, which seem to be the real problem here.
        There's no way this team is foolish enough to let EJ start next season. To me Sunday's game is a try out to see if he can be a backup in 2017 and beyond toss in protect themselves from cap jail if anything happened to Tyrod. With the season officially over (ie eliminated from the playoffs). I have no issues evaluating the rest of the roster to see what we have and don't have. Of course the Jets seem to be in a team in more disarray than us so I will also remember that when watching Sunday's game.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

thurmal, doesn't it feel criminal that we have to go to 18 years to figure this out? somehow ownership and certain fans have this false belief that 7-8 wins is mediocre. where I would say its the worst spot to be. you aren't getting top draft choices and you aren't in consideration of the playoffs. to me, there is no harm in trying to reboot the entire organization and have everyone on notice. because even if you miss hire, you'll have a bad 2-3 win team for the next organizational top management to work with. if you get it right, you go to the playoffs. this is sickening to have to wait until 2020 to maybe kind of be in a position to have a functional team to root for.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
            There's no way this team is foolish enough to let EJ start next season..
            Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Lynn may end up being a good HC but their reason for hiring him is BS!

Comment

• Thurmal
                • Oct 2005

There's no way this team is foolish enough to let EJ start next season. To me Sunday's game is a try out to see if he can be a backup in 2017 and beyond toss in protect themselves from cap jail if anything happened to Tyrod. With the season officially over (ie eliminated from the playoffs). I have no issues evaluating the rest of the roster to see what we have and don't have. Of course the Jets seem to be in a team in more disarray than us so I will also remember that when watching Sunday's game.
                I hope you're right. And yes, a normal team would never be that foolish. A normal one. I am just envisioning EJ racking up huge numbers against an awful Jets team that is going through the motions during the last game of the year, then the Bills using that game to justify an extension and "opportunity to compete in camp."
                "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

We just keep fire the whole bunch or live with crap teams.

Routing for this team is like the movie Ground Hogs Day, the only difference Bill Murray finally learns from his mistakes!!!
                  Last edited by kgun12; 12-28-2016, 11:56 AM.
                  Retired Air Traffic Controller
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• Zero
                    Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                    thurmal, doesn't it feel criminal that we have to go to 18 years to figure this out? somehow ownership and certain fans have this false belief that 7-8 wins is mediocre. where I would say its the worst spot to be. you aren't getting top draft choices and you aren't in consideration of the playoffs. to me, there is no harm in trying to reboot the entire organization and have everyone on notice. because even if you miss hire, you'll have a bad 2-3 win team for the next organizational top management to work with. if you get it right, you go to the playoffs. this is sickening to have to wait until 2020 to maybe kind of be in a position to have a functional team to root for.

This organization is so hopelessly inept it can't even get sucking right. In a system designed to prevent this exact sort of thing (sucking for 17 years with no end in sight).The Bills have somehow managed to circumvent the system through questionable hiring practices and a gross mismanagement of the draft. I read somewhere that the odds of team going this long without making the playoffs was around 6 MILLION to 1 (assuming each team has an equal chance of making the playoffs. I would give you actual figure but I'm much too lazy ;-) )
                    Last edited by Zero; 12-28-2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Buckets
                      • Jun 2003

Deja vu all over again

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

If this is not the norm in the NFL, then we have a problem with Whaley.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Swiper
                          • Sep 2010

Same crap all over again. Whaley is horrible at "assembling a roster." And Terry Pegula is just blind to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                          If this is not the norm in the NFL, then we have a problem with Whaley.
                          No. You have a problem with the owner.

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

It will be Whaley's show next year.

Good... he's accountable then for the outcome.

Hes either going to sink or swim.

Next year maybe its reset appropriately then.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                              Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                              • Feb 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X