• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

This team is an utter embarrassment, this is a new low in the franchise

These past few weeks/month are marking a new low point in the relatively low history of this team.

Let's look back at the recent history of the team

Rex Ryan, like him or not, was crapped on by this team and the management. Somebody in the front office starts to leak word that his time is coming to an end with the team still alive for the playoffs. But the word gets out anyway that he is about to be gone. Nobody in team management (Pegula, Brandon, Whaley, etc) makes any comments. Nothing. Not even the routine "He's our coach and we are sticking by him." type of comments that are made. This ends up completely undermining any authority that he has and all it does is make it even more difficult for him to succeed. This is NOT a defense of Ryan or a request for him to stay. But this is not the way to treat your coach. Either show your support for the coach or (better yet) stop the leaks like this. Maybe even both would work!!)

Now we have this week's actions. Rex Ryan gets fired. First the team announces it on Twitter and does not even meet with the team or any of it's leaders. So players like Kyle Williams, Tyrod Taylor, Eric Wood and LeSean McCoy don't even garner the respect to be told by the team.
    After the firing do any of these "leaders" have the courage to talk to the media? No. Of course not. Instead they send out the new interim coach, who is holding what is essentially his first press conference to answer the slew of questions that anybody with half of a brain could see coming. Many of those are not ones he should answer, but the media has no other place to turn to. So now he gets to set up and look like a fool because he is put in a position where success was not a practical option.

So now we know that EJ starting is a "business" decision. Which makes it impossible for him to accomplish anything. It also lets Tyrod know where he stands. It permeates down to other players and potential players who might want to come here who now think that this organization has no respect for anybody who works for the franchise, as long as they can cover their asses.

This team needs to have a complete cleaning. I am fine with Rex leaving - especially after Sunday. But in reality, he should have stayed over Brandon, Overdorf, and Whaley (the man who can't get along with head coaches and doesn't want to pay attention to their roster ideas) (and probably Taylor, but that's another discussion)

Right now, this team is the laughingstock of the NFL and the world of pro sports. In attempt to pretend that the leadership is serious about changing this perception heads need to be chopped.

Now.

It makes it impossible to get excited for anything they do and to want to spend my money at New Era Field next year and in the future. The way this team is run is utterly unprofessional and should embarrass all fans.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: This team is an utter embarrassment, this is a new low in the franchise

I don't think you're going to get too many responses that will completely disagree a total cleansing is in order, but let's face facts...the 'new low' was put into motion when they hired a ****ing buffoon two seasons ago to begin with.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bleve
      • Mar 2005

^^^
      Somebody email this to Terry P.
      "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
      ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

The organization made Anthony Lynn look completely inept. Hopefully this doesn't hurt his future job chances but after that I can't see why anyone, including the Bills, could seriously look at him being an NFL coach.

Whaley and Pegula should have both been at this presser and the questions about Tyrod and the situation in general with respect to Rex should have been handled by either Whaley, Pegula or both and not Lynn.

Lynn was hung out to dry and it makes everyone, especially ownership, look even more inept than he did himself.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          I don't think you're going to get too many responses that will completely disagree a total cleansing is in order, but let's face facts...the 'new low' was put into motion when they hired a ****ing buffoon two seasons ago to begin with.
          He was/is far from the biggest problem with this team.

They hired a coach who led a team to two AFC championship games with Mark ****ing Sanchez at QB.

I know you hate the guy, but try to think past the irrational hatred for a few seconds.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
            These past few weeks/month are marking a new low point in the relatively low history of this team.

Let's look back at the recent history of the team

Rex Ryan, like him or not, was crapped on by this team and the management. Somebody in the front office starts to leak word that his time is coming to an end with the team still alive for the playoffs. But the word gets out anyway that he is about to be gone. Nobody in team management (Pegula, Brandon, Whaley, etc) makes any comments. Nothing. Not even the routine "He's our coach and we are sticking by him." type of comments that are made. This ends up completely undermining any authority that he has and all it does is make it even more difficult for him to succeed. This is NOT a defense of Ryan or a request for him to stay. But this is not the way to treat your coach. Either show your support for the coach or (better yet) stop the leaks like this. Maybe even both would work!!)

Now we have this week's actions. Rex Ryan gets fired. First the team announces it on Twitter and does not even meet with the team or any of it's leaders. So players like Kyle Williams, Tyrod Taylor, Eric Wood and LeSean McCoy don't even garner the respect to be told by the team.
            After the firing do any of these "leaders" have the courage to talk to the media? No. Of course not. Instead they send out the new interim coach, who is holding what is essentially his first press conference to answer the slew of questions that anybody with half of a brain could see coming. Many of those are not ones he should answer, but the media has no other place to turn to. So now he gets to set up and look like a fool because he is put in a position where success was not a practical option.

So now we know that EJ starting is a "business" decision. Which makes it impossible for him to accomplish anything. It also lets Tyrod know where he stands. It permeates down to other players and potential players who might want to come here who now think that this organization has no respect for anybody who works for the franchise, as long as they can cover their asses.

This team needs to have a complete cleaning. I am fine with Rex leaving - especially after Sunday. But in reality, he should have stayed over Brandon, Overdorf, and Whaley (the man who can't get along with head coaches and doesn't want to pay attention to their roster ideas) (and probably Taylor, but that's another discussion)

Right now, this team is the laughingstock of the NFL and the world of pro sports. In attempt to pretend that the leadership is serious about changing this perception heads need to be chopped.

Now.

It makes it impossible to get excited for anything they do and to want to spend my money at New Era Field next year and in the future. The way this team is run is utterly unprofessional and should embarrass all fans.
            Can I share this on Twitter?
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
              Can I share this on Twitter?
              Sure.

Comment

• bleve
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                The organization made Anthony Lynn look completely inept. Hopefully this doesn't hurt his future job chances but after that I can't see why anyone, including the Bills, could seriously look at him being an NFL coach.

Whaley and Pegula should have both been at this presser and the questions about Tyrod and the situation in general with respect to Rex should have been handled by either Whaley, Pegula or both and not Lynn.

Lynn was hung out to dry and it makes everyone, especially ownership, look even more inept than he did himself.
                The two other NFL teams that fired their coach had a presser the same day. LA's COO held one, and in Jacksonville, the GM had one. Where's Doug?
                "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Victor7
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by bleve View Post
                  The two other NFL teams that fired their coach had a presser the same day. LA's COO held one, and in Jacksonville, the GM had one. Where's Doug?
                  So far up Terry and Kim P's ass that both he and Brandon now breath through their mouths.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                    The organization made Anthony Lynn look completely inept.
                    No, that was Anthony Lynn. The morons in the organization but him in a bad position, but this PC was indicative of who he is--a Running Backs Coach. He clearly doesn't have the tools necessary to be a Head Coach. No amount of practice is going to keep him from saying contradictory things at the press conferences. Nothing is going to improve his communications skills. He is what he is--an unproven, under-qualified, seemingly nice man who has no business in the job he's being pushed into.

The job of a Head Coach in the NFL pays well because it's incredibly complicated and multi-faceted. You need to be many things to many people. Strategist. Spokesman. Peacekeeper. You need to be smarter than the people who are asking you questions that are designed to make to say things that you don't want to say. The man on that stage today is never going to be that person. We have no idea if he's even capable of being a long term solution as a coordinator.

I feel sorry for him, to an extent. But a man needs to know his limitations.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                      No, that was Anthony Lynn. The morons in the organization but him in a bad position, but this PC was indicative of who he is--a Running Backs Coach. He clearly doesn't have the tools necessary to be a Head Coach. No amount of practice is going to keep him from saying contradictory things at the press conferences. Nothing is going to improve his communications skills. He is what he is--an unproven, under-qualified, seemingly nice man who has no business in the job he's being pushed into.

The job of a Head Coach in the NFL pays well because it's incredibly complicated and multi-faceted. You need to be many things to many people. Strategist. Spokesman. Peacekeeper. You need to be smarter than the people who are asking you questions that are designed to make to say things that you don't want to say. The man on that stage today is never going to be that person. We have no idea if he's even capable of being a long term solution as a coordinator.

I feel sorry for him, to an extent. But a man needs to know his limitations.
                      That's not fair to him. he got this job yesterday and has never had a press conference before. His first one is one that is about as difficult as a presser a HC could have.

To say he will never be that person is baseless. They hung him out to dry and without regard for what the predictable result would be.

Comment

• Thurmal
                        • Oct 2005

The lowest point of the franchise was the first Toronto "home" game, when you could hear the crowd audibly chant "Let's Go Dolphins" while Miami blew the Bills out as Dick Jauron stood on the sideline like a corpse.

It's pretty embarrassing now, though, and they're not even close to rock bottom. Wait until their "coaching search" starts, and candidate after candidate starts turning down interview requests.
                        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

rex, if he was a good coach, would have rounded up the players and said, "play for me. I'm going to put this fire out by getting us to the playoffs. if they want to fire me, they are going to have to fire a winner." but he lost to Pitts giving up huge yardage, blew the Oakland game, squandered the Miami game. he did it to himself. the issue again is that the bills still have their power structure that a normal successful football person would not want to voluntarily take on. you get all the negative and very little of the upside. you don't get to make choices, you get to have the power structure provide input on things they shouldn't. if you were at a winning team, you know this doesn't happen there. and you know its better to be successful one notch down than go to a loser institution to be screwed there and have to essentially start over on building your rep.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

He was/is far from the biggest problem with this team.

They hired a coach who led a team to two AFC championship games with Mark ****ing Sanchez at QB.

I know you hate the guy, but try to think past the irrational hatred for a few seconds.
                            He was the biggest problem. What he did with Sanchez has nothing to do with what he did or didn't do here.

Just look at the mess in the defensive unit alone. Thats as rational as it gets.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

That's not fair to him. he got this job yesterday and has never had a press conference before. His first one is one that is about as difficult as a presser a HC could have.

To say he will never be that person is baseless. They hung him out to dry and without regard for what the predictable result would be.
                              Ignoring the presser entirely, I'll ask a simple question:

Would YOU be happy if they hired Lynn as the Head Coach?

I haven't seen the presser, and my answer is no. I would not be happy at all with that hire.

Comment

Working...
                              X