I am elated we won but GW made some bonehead decisions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

I am elated we won but GW made some bonehead decisions!

The 2 point conversion was mentiponed in another thread! What the hell was he thinking.

Then why the heck was he not calling a defensive TO to save our O a little more time at the end of regulation?

Great players bailed his a$$ out tonight!
  • John Doe
    Florida Man
    • Jul 2002

I guess that he had nothing to do with coaching a motivating those great players!? Enjoy the win!

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
      • Jul 2002

People blaming GW even though they won the game are likely the same ones saying bottom line they lost the other games. There are a lot of pros and cons to going for 2 in that situation. I would assume the chart says go for two. The Vikes were forced to kick the extra point instead of going for two themselves, which would have won the game for them in regulation. Can't have it both ways. Enjoy the win.

Comment

• quizlet2003
        Veteran Zoner
        • Sep 2002

Thankyou Kelly. GW is good!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
          People blaming GW even though they won the game are likely the same ones saying bottom line they lost the other games. There are a lot of pros and cons to going for 2 in that situation. I would assume the chart says go for two. The Vikes were forced to kick the extra point instead of going for two themselves, which would have won the game for them in regulation. Can't have it both ways. Enjoy the win.

Bull Kelly! I was praising the play last week. I thought he did a decent job last week. When he makes bonehead decisions we have the right to point them out. I said I am elated they won! That does not mean I need to drink GW's purple koolaid!

Secondly there is no pro for going for the 2 point in that situation! None! At best it would have forced them to make an extra point on their last TD which they did! Hollis' last FG would have won the game. That was a stupid decision on his part! Period!

Comment

• Winfield_26
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

No it was nto stupid and the reason is. You got Doug Brien a kicker who has missed 2 straight PAT's and your putting a ton of pressure on him to make this PAT and give his team the lead. PLus then Holli's 54 yarder wins it. It made sense to me. I would have done the same.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• quizlet2003
              Veteran Zoner
              • Sep 2002

Damn- Im starting to like your more and more Winfield... read my post

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Winfield_26
                and give his team the lead. PLus then Holli's 54 yarder wins it.

You just made my point WInfield! Hollis' 54 yarder wins it if GW DOES NOT go for the 2!

Oh well we won so I will give the guy a pass this week and hope he learns from his mistake. He needs to throw that stupid chart about when to go for 2 out and consider the game situation!

Comment

• Winfield_26
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

its kinda scary us agreeing like this, oh well Bills win im happy
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• quizlet2003
                    Veteran Zoner
                    • Sep 2002

Dude- I could care less if Williams ****s out of his penis. As long as we win!!! (sorry, just came to mind)

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                      • Jul 2002

Ok quiz............I'm with you on that one!

Coach's mistakes don't hurt when you win!

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Not to side with anyone, but I noticed he still can't call a challenge. He got lucky on that challenge last week! It's about the only thing that bothers me regarding GW's decisions.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                          • Jul 2002

I don't fault him on the challenge's. He has to make a split second decision on whether or not to challenge! I would not want to be in that boat!

Comment

• quizlet2003
                            Veteran Zoner
                            • Sep 2002

uhm my bills. Maybe you dont record this but GW is 3rd in the NFL in coaches decisions winning

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                              • Jul 2002

Plus he's the only one that doesnt get to see the replays. Guys tell head coaches whether or not to make those calls. You can't blame it on the HC.

Comment

Working...
                              X