X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob86
    • Dec 2008

What about The News Media

I am always curious as to why no reporter gets on the telephone or knocks on the door of Doug or the owners and demands answers. Reporters seem more than willing to force themselves on ordinary people who often find themselves unwillingly in the public eye. However, when public figures create public controversy, reporters passively sit back and wait for “media availability.” In today’s world if reporters have any function at all it is to forcibly gather facts.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: What about The News Media

Tempting, but reporters don't knock on doors to demand why a particular business isn't as successful or as well-run as they would like it to be.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
      • Jun 2015

They make requests. They were told Whaley will be available at the annual end of season press conference on Monday (or whenever it is).
      All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

Lol, maybe reporters should go to their houses a beat answers out of them

Comment

• Swiper
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Jimkelly12203 View Post
          They make requests. They were told Whaley will be available at the annual end of season press conference on Monday (or whenever it is).
          But when you fire your head coach before the last game the GM has to show his face right away. Another OBD failure.

Whaley appears to have cart blanche to do whatever he pleases. And he knows the media is going to call him on all his failures.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

I know some reporters knocked on Rex's door. He was polite but declined to talk with them.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

I think the press is beginning to understand the root cause of the dysfunction.

And not just Sully.

Comment

• bleve
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Historian View Post

And not just Sully.
                Yup. Leo Roth understands too...

Pegulas leave inmates to run the asylum

And John Kryk Toronto Sun

And Mike Rodak...

And on and on...
                Last edited by bleve; 12-29-2016, 10:55 AM. Reason: added more links
                "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Historian View Post

And not just Sully.
                  They are a lot better than the bunch here in Cincinnati. Toe the line or be denied access seems to be the rule.

The most recent casualty is publishing grades after a game. No more giving the coaching a "D" or an "F" or anything else.

The B'gals beat writer for the Cincinnati Enquirer also writes for the team's official site.

Players are barred from talking to the press anywhere but at the stadium or at camp.

The owner's one presser per year is like political town hall meetings - allegedly, you get handed a list of questions.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                    But when you fire your head coach before the last game the GM has to show his face right away. Another OBD failure.

Whaley appears to have cart blanche to do whatever he pleases. And he knows the media is going to call him on all his failures.
                    Oh i agree. The way this organization has handled everything is a joke. There's always sleazy self-serving leaks coming out of the front office. It's our boys Doug and Russ undermining anyone that is a threat to them and shifting blame as far away as possible. The sad thing is it works!

I use to work for a company that came upon really good times. As things got more promising and we began hiring people like crazy so many of the people i came into the company with started doing this. Backstabbing, shifting blame, kissing ass. It's gross. I said screw this i'm going to law school! Not sure if that was the right decision, but i couldn't exist in that environment.
                    All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

Working...
                    X