PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about the complaint of Whaley absent in Bills presser yesterday

ghz in pittsburgh
12-29-2016, 10:28 AM
It should be the Pegulas. Remember the Bills football operation structure. Whaley in charge of 53 and Rex in charge of 46. BOTH reporting to Terry Pegula.

Even Rex has said many times that his fate is in hands of Kim and Terry Pegula. I believe he used the words"only" too.

I don't know it is appropriate to stay in front of the camera to give his opinion in this case; what good can be done to defend the company line there?

Leaving Lynn facing all those questions yesterday? It is Terry Pegula's who probably should've called a brief presser right after the decision.

I don't know what kind of owners Pegulas want to be. if I have to guess, they probably prefer the NE model where Belichick makes all football decisions. The Pegulas still has the natural gas business to run, so I don't think going the way of Rooney family who has Steelers as their sole business is the way to go (and forget about the Jerry Jones model). I'm not sure examining past game details on Monday, listening to plans for Sunday games are in the best way to go about it -- sure you want to learn but imagine the pressure and extra time you put on the coaches. The key here, is finding that Belichick or Ozzie Newsome kind of guy who can do it successfully.

That brings us to Whaley, again, because it looks like he's getting a shot to be that guy to the Pegulas this time. I think most people recognize that he's great scout. But being a GM requires you to play a little GM game that I wonder if he's up for it. I feel he still has too much a scout in him, like falling in love with some players that he would do everything to get those players.

In any event, I'm actually looking forward to the Whaley era -- he had the 53 for 4 years now. Now let's see if a coach stuff that buys into his 53 can do with 46 on game days.

YardRat
12-29-2016, 06:02 PM
Good points. But, I've never seen Pegula look comfortable in front of cameras and reporters. If you think Lynn's presser was awkward, Terry's most likely would have been ten times worse.

Mace
12-29-2016, 06:19 PM
Whaley is good at pro personnel, that's about it. Great scout ? No.

But the point of contention....when the Rams fired Fisher, out came their COO. When the Jags fired Bradley, out came their GM.

If Whaley wants to play GM, or if the "ownership group" wants to present him as a real GM, out should have come Whaley to take the heat.

Not Lynn. That was just terrible. Pegulas don't have to jump in, Kroenke and Khan didn't.

Should have been Whaley, presenting himself as a real GM.