PDA

View Full Version : 9 worst draft picks of the 2016 draft

The Jokeman
12-29-2016, 01:05 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-draft-2016-picks-worst-selections-rookies-grade-rankings-122816

Surprise, the Bills don't have one listed but the Vikings have two and the Jets have one too.

Thurmal
12-29-2016, 01:26 PM
The Bills 2016 draft is looking rough.

1) Lawson -- hurt half the year. Drafted with known serious injury. Total non-factor. Team was 4-2 without him and 3-6 with him. Obviously not all his fault, but he clearly didn't make the team better.

2) Ragland -- hurt all year. Was drafted specifically to play for Rex Ryan's defense. Whoops.

3) Washington -- started every game but seemingly never made any plays. The modern-day Jeff Posey.

4) C. Jones -- never even dressed. Dallas' 4th round QB pick got home-field advantage, in comparison.

5) J. Williams -- buried on the bench despite Karlos getting cut.

6) Listenbee -- hurt all year. Drafted with known serious injury.

6) Seymour -- he played sometimes, I guess, so there is that.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Without looking at the list I can name three guys who are probably on it...

Laquon Treadwell has barely seen the field with the Vikings.

Robert Nkemdiche has been totally invisible.

And Roberto Aguayo, easily the worst pick of 2016, was a second round kicker who is absolutely terrible.

The Jokeman
12-29-2016, 01:41 PM
Without looking at the list I can name three guys who are probably on it...

Laquon Treadwell has barely seen the field with the Vikings.

Robert Nkemdiche has been totally invisible.

And Roberto Aguayo, easily the worst pick of 2016, was a second round kicker who is absolutely terrible.

Yep on all three.

sukie
12-29-2016, 02:00 PM
I'd take Aguayo in a heartbeat. He has finished quite strong which is more than can be said for Carpenter.

The Jokeman
12-29-2016, 02:28 PM
I'd take Aguayo in a heartbeat. He has finished quite strong which is more than can be said for Carpenter.

Considering he was a 2nd Round pick and cost the Bucs a 3rd and 4th Rounder to get him. No, thanks Hindsight being what it is we might have been better off signing Robbie Gould mid season to replace Carpenter/Gay.

sukie
12-29-2016, 02:30 PM
I mean I would take him in a Bills uni straight up. Kinda like the kicker the Bills cut named Gary Anderson because he sucked.

The Jokeman
12-29-2016, 02:34 PM
I mean I would take him in a Bills uni straight up. Kinda like the kicker the Bills cut named Gary Anderson because he sucked.

It's well documented that Gary Anderson didn't want to be here and purposely kicked like crap to get his ticket out of town.

sukie
12-29-2016, 02:36 PM
Ill go out on a limb and say that Aguayo will be the new Janikowski

The Jokeman
12-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Ill go out on a limb and say that Aguayo will be the new Janikowski

We'll see, I have no problems drafting a kicker (in fact I would have been in favor of the Bills drafting Daniel Carlson if he came out) yet taking one prior to the 5th Round is gutsy.

Mr. Pink
12-29-2016, 02:53 PM
The last kicker that I hoped the Bills would draft was Mason Crosby.

I don't see the point in any team spending a draft pick on a kicker. These guys are mostly wishy washy where one year they can be outstanding and then the next complete headcases.

The guys worth drafting are few and far between. Oakland lucked out on SeaBass - who at this point actually looks like a pretty good pick for them. But then you get guys like Aguayo who could be replaced by any kicker in this league, including Carpenter, and there's no difference.

When you move up in the 2nd round and give up more picks to do it for a kicker, you look pretty stupid from the jump. When that kicker ends up being the 2nd worst kicker in the NFL this year, you look even worse.

jills
12-30-2016, 10:45 PM
The last kicker that I hoped the Bills would draft was Mason Crosby.

I don't see the point in any team spending a draft pick on a kicker. These guys are mostly wishy washy where one year they can be outstanding and then the next complete headcases.

The guys worth drafting are few and far between. Oakland lucked out on SeaBass - who at this point actually looks like a pretty good pick for them. But then you get guys like Aguayo who could be replaced by any kicker in this league, including Carpenter, and there's no difference.

When you move up in the 2nd round and give up more picks to do it for a kicker, you look pretty stupid from the jump. When that kicker ends up being the 2nd worst kicker in the NFL this year, you look even worse.

It's called going "full Whaley".

TacklingDummy
12-30-2016, 10:57 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-draft-2016-picks-worst-selections-rookies-grade-rankings-122816

Surprise, the Bills don't have one listed but the Vikings have two and the Jets have one too.

Don't know if you can consider the 121st draft pick a bad one. After the 3rd round it's really a gamble, although it's all a gamble. So who really gives a frog. I'd give all picks after the 3rd round for another 3rd rounder.

sudzy
12-31-2016, 03:24 AM
The 3 players that started on defense combined for 53 tackles and 4.5 sacks. And Williams had 83 yards. And that's the 2016 draft class. And you guys think this means Whaley doesn't suck? In three years he's produced three ho-hum drafts. He is good at finding guys already in the NFL that can come in and play. But, he's just no good at drafting players.

SpikedLemonade
12-31-2016, 05:48 AM
The 3 players that started on defense combined for 53 tackles and 4.5 sacks. And Williams had 83 yards. And that's the 2016 draft class. And you guys think this means Whaley doesn't suck? In three years he's produced three ho-hum drafts. He is good at finding guys already in the NFL that can come in and play. But, he's just no good at drafting players.

He sure is handsome though.

sudzy
12-31-2016, 06:22 AM
He sure is handsome though.
Yes, he should do a GQ cover with Russ Brandon. The Buffalo Bills, the best looking front office in the NFL. Who care if your running your team into the crapper, as long as you look good doing it.

sudzy
12-31-2016, 06:24 AM
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Mfc2a203b20395372ac8ae2819305fc8fo0&pid=15.1

SpikedLemonade
12-31-2016, 07:18 AM
Yes, he should do a GQ cover with Russ Brandon. The Buffalo Bills, the best looking front office in the NFL. Who care if your running your team into the crapper, as long as you look good doing it.

Kim demands handsome as the first criteria of hiring anyone.

Too bad she wasn't around when the Bills drafted Dareus.