X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

FA QB's next year

I just heard the list on GR, and Tyrod is the best FA next to Cousins. Everyone else is a tire fire. You could in fact put EJ in the top 3 or 4 as well. There is nothing available next year. We have an Offense scoring 24 points a game. Maybe we should leave the offense alone and get the defense fixed.
    Last edited by Turf; 12-29-2016, 02:56 PM.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: FA QB's next year

They're 30th in passing, though. What if a guy like Carson Palmer or Jay Cutler got cut? Wouldn't you rather sign one of them to a two-year deal and draft a legitimate QB to develop than bring Tyrod back and pay him $27 million next year to throw for 180 yards per game?
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
      They're 30th in passing, though. What if a guy like Carson Palmer or Jay Cutler got cut? Wouldn't you rather sign one of them to a two-year deal and draft a legitimate QB to develop than bring Tyrod back and pay him $27 million next year to throw for 180 yards per game?
      I'll keep Tyrod over either Cutler or Palmer. cutler is awful and Palmer is toast.
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
        I just heard the list on GR, and Tyrod is the best FA next to Cousins. Everyone else is a tire fire. You could in fact put EJ in the top 3 or 4 as well. There is nothing available next year. We have an Offense scoring 24 points a game. Maybe we should leave the offense alone and get the defense fixed.
        Get us a HC and OC and then we can talk QB.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

There's a draft. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills use a 1st rounder on a QB, but what I really want is that 1st rounder to go to the Patriots for Jimmy Garoppolo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
            but what I really want is that 1st rounder to go to the Patriots for Jimmy Garoppolo.
            AKA Rob Johnson?

Only way Garoppolo goes to Buffalo is if McDaniels in our HC. We may have to pay them the same amount we paid for Drew.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

One name to kinda watch is Matt McGloin in Oakland. With Carr out he'll be getting the start and he's a UFA this offseason.

Two RFA's are Ryan Griffin in Tampa and David Fales in Chicago that you may kick the tires on. Fales has barely seen the field in Chicago, even in the preseason. Griffin actually had a good preseason in 2013 and 2014 but didn't look so good in 2015 and 2016. Neither guy has attempted a professional pass in the regular season.

Also I would expect Nick Foles to have his option declined in KC. He signed a deal similar to Taylor where the team has an option to keep him but he gets a big pay bump and lots of guaranteed cash. KC is pretty short on cap room and Foles option would cost them $10.75 million.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

I liked McGloin up til now as a cheap bridge to the next guy.

I think if the Raiders and he do well, he's gonna get a massively bloated contract that he may or may not be entitled to.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                  I liked McGloin up til now as a cheap bridge to the next guy.

I think if the Raiders and he do well, he's gonna get a massively bloated contract that he may or may not be entitled to.
                  He'll get a long term deal somewhere for decent cash, but not sure how big it will be. I could see him in the $7-$10 million range which isn't bad if you think he can be a 2-3 year starter and bridge your team.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    He'll get a long term deal somewhere for decent cash, but not sure how big it will be. I could see him in the $7-$10 million range which isn't bad if you think he can be a 2-3 year starter and bridge your team.
                    If he somehow QBs the Raiders to the Super Bowl, he's getting a massive payday.

The Brock Osweiler contract dollar variety instead of the 7-10m.

I'd have no qualms kicking his tires in the 7-10m range on a 2-3 year deal.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                      If he somehow QBs the Raiders to the Super Bowl, he's getting a massive payday.

The Brock Osweiler contract dollar variety instead of the 7-10m.

I'd have no qualms kicking his tires in the 7-10m range on a 2-3 year deal.
                      I agree about the SB. Though I wonder if the market will be a little more hesitant to pay Osweiler money given how bad that has turned out.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        I agree about the SB. Though I wonder if the market will be a little more hesitant to pay Osweiler money given how bad that has turned out.
                        The market didn't learn from the Rob Johnson's, Matt Cassel's, Matt Flynn's of the world, I don't see how Brock Osweiler changes that.

Although eventually you gotta figure it's going to.

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
                          I'll keep Tyrod over either Cutler or Palmer. cutler is awful and Palmer is toast.
                          I would definitely look at that. I'm just dealing right now with what we know.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                            • Aug 2012

Either Tank or go for it with Tony Romo

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

There never are any decent QB prospects in FA unless you are very willing to pay through the nose, even for a 'maybe-maybe not' type guy. The talent pool has been watered down by the colleges, and the ones that are any good get re-signed before they hit the market.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X