PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Watkins on Bills culture

Mr. Pink
12-29-2016, 05:58 PM
"But the new coach has to change what needs to be changed," Watkins said, per the team's official website. "Change the culture, change the mindset and get players on board. If they're not listening, cut them, kick them out, whatever. Sit them on the bench. I think that will help us move forward."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sammy-watkins-breaks-out-big-cliche-next-bills-coach-needs-to-change-the-culture/?linkId=32869459

Good on him. It's about time he stands up and assumes a leadership role on this team and in the locker room.

At least someone in that locker room had the stones to step up and say what is being done at OBD is not acceptable and things need to change in a positive manner.

This is a positive step forward from the guy we saw who was pouting that the fans were getting on him for being injured.

YardRat
12-29-2016, 06:00 PM
One of the things that needs to change is drafting and retaining players that are chronically injured.

Jaybird
12-29-2016, 06:24 PM
No need to knock Sammy on this one. He's absolutely right. We need to make a point early and cut a player who doesn't buy in

Thurmal
12-29-2016, 06:28 PM
He made this same point a couple years ago where he was lobbing thinly-veiled criticism at guys on the team that don't give a ****.

It's going to be a bummer to watch him leave in free agency -- b/c who wouldn't -- to a team with an actual quarterback and then light it up.

Mace
12-29-2016, 06:59 PM
It's going to be a bummer to watch him leave in free agency -- b/c who wouldn't -- to a team with an actual quarterback and then light it up.

...for a few games a year

justasportsfan
12-29-2016, 07:02 PM
Kinda like what the TE from the jets said about Rex. He holds no one accountable.

jimmifli
12-29-2016, 07:35 PM
I really like Sammy. He gets open. Underneath, across the middle, deep, on almost every play. And then he's got fantastic hands when our RB finally does throw him the ball. If he played 16 games with an average QB, he'd be loved.

And his attitude is awesome. You can tell he ****ing hates losing. And REALLY hates how some of the guys seem to accept it.

I really want him to stay healthy for one season.

jamze132
12-29-2016, 08:08 PM
Our best shot at resigning Sammy is for him to only play 8-10 games per year, lol.

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2016, 08:34 PM
I hope the Bills hire Tom Coughlin. I think he is the only one that could turn this thing around.

jamze132
12-29-2016, 08:36 PM
I hope the Bills hire Tom Coughlin. I think he is the only one that could turn this thing around.

I can't see that happening at this point. I think it's Lynn's team now. I'd really love to see Wade Phillips v2.0

Turf
12-29-2016, 08:41 PM
Ryan really schmoozed Pegula and stole a ton of money. He did a poor lousy lazy job, then even got a paycheck for his brother. He took advantage of everyone. He is a lousy coach. His choice of Lynn is no better.

Let me edit..He's a lousy person.

WagonCircler
12-29-2016, 10:58 PM
"But the new coach has to change what needs to be changed," Watkins said, per the team's official website. "Change the culture, change the mindset and get players on board. If they're not listening, cut them, kick them out, whatever. Sit them on the bench. I think that will help us move forward."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sammy-watkins-breaks-out-big-cliche-next-bills-coach-needs-to-change-the-culture/?linkId=32869459

Good on him. It's about time he stands up and assumes a leadership role on this team and in the locker room.

At least someone in that locker room had the stones to step up and say what is being done at OBD is not acceptable and things need to change in a positive manner.

This is a positive step forward from the guy we saw who was pouting that the fans were getting on him for being injured.

The new coach will be Whaley and Brandon's puppet, and since they are the ones responsible for the **** show of a culture, nothing is going to change.

DynaPaul
12-30-2016, 01:33 PM
I'd listen to Sammy more if he wasn't Glass Joe out on the field.