PDA

View Full Version : Hire Coughlin ASAP

Night Train
12-29-2016, 06:27 PM
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/giants-tom-coughlin-tribute-coach/

Thurmal
12-29-2016, 06:30 PM
It can never happen, unfortunately. Why would he come here? To have no control over personnel and to take orders from Doug Whaley?

Turf
12-29-2016, 06:36 PM
I'm onboard with Coughlin ASAP. Lynn doesn't impress me.

swiper
12-29-2016, 06:37 PM
Yeah not going to happen. I like Tom Coughlin a lot. And even at his age I think he would be a good coach for the Bills. But Whaley has usurped complete control over the roster, so it would be hard for any coach, let alone one with credentials of a Coughlin to succeed without at least final say over his roster. And Coughlin is well aware of that. That plus that article does not detail the problems the Giants had with him in the last few years in New York. The Giants have found themselves in less than season under a fledgling coach.

I really think if they can't get Coughlin, they ought to talk to Spagnola. He's going to be better at HC his second time around.

I heard Coughlin interviewed with Jacksonville today.

Turf
12-29-2016, 07:13 PM
We would fire a coach early, then conduct an exhaustive search at the most inappropriate time.

Fixxxer
12-30-2016, 11:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFo8ldhpA0

stuckincincy
12-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Jerry Glanville! :drive:

sukie
12-30-2016, 12:00 PM
Without a QB... Coughlin will spend 2 years then get ****canned

Zoneblitser
12-30-2016, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't mind Coughlin if he can acquire complete control of personal.
Let him instill the discipline that is desperately needed.
He can have the time to pick his own replacement as HC and slip into the GM role full time.
I would love to see him bring in Darrell Bevell as HC and Gus Bradly as DC.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-30-2016, 02:30 PM
I would want Coughlin for the czar role like we considered Polian for, but not on the sidelines. The man is 71 and I think people are getting a little carried away with him beating the Patriots.

The Jokeman
12-30-2016, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't mind Coughlin if he can acquire complete control of personal.
Let him instill the discipline that is desperately needed.
He can have the time to pick his own replacement as HC and slip into the GM role full time.
I would love to see him bring in Darrell Bevell as HC and Gus Bradly as DC.

Coughlin has never had personnel control in his previous jobs. I'd respect Coughlin as a HC but making him in a GM role makes me think of the Levy GM years...Aka yuck.

swiper
12-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Coughlin has never had personnel control in his previous jobs. I'd respect Coughlin as a HC but making him in a GM role makes me think of the Levy GM years...Aka yuck.

Wouldn't be worse than what have now.

Moreover, Whaley had no experience when he was given the job he has. And don't hand me he had scouting experience, because Coughlin has far more personnel experience than Whaley has. You don't think so? Go look at his resume.

YardRat
12-30-2016, 03:43 PM
Pass.