PDA

View Full Version : EJ Manuel's Last Stand - Tyrod Taylor Has Played His Last Game As A Bill

BillsImpossible
12-29-2016, 09:50 PM
EJ has one last chance to play for a new contract this Sunday, probably a backup QB contract....

If he plays great, does that mean the Bills resign him and let EJ compete for the starting job next year?

Stomach acid just increased....

A friend of mine said to me today, "I know why the Bills are starting EJ!"

Why?

"They want to lose this game!"

It was funny, and at the same time it was probably true.

Winning this last game means squat, and knowing how the Pegula's like to play for draft positions, it's not unlikely.

Tyrod Taylor has played his last game as a Buffalo Bill.

If the Bills had any plans to sign Tyrod to his contract extension, they'd let him play this Sunday.

Benching Tyrod Taylor has nothing to do with keeping him healthy for the 2017 season, and everything to do with avoiding paying him $30 million guaranteed if he gets hurt.

Tyrod is going to play the market, and I wouldn't be surprised if a team or two decide to pay him big money, or at least more than the Bills are willing to pay for his services.

Back to EJ...

Backup QB's make what, at least $4 million a season?

I'd rather let EJ walk and pay a rookie QB drafted in the 4th or 5th round a lot less to be the backup QB for the Bills.

OpIv37
12-29-2016, 09:54 PM
EJ is EJ. Whether he plays well or poorly on Sun is irrelevant. He's a career back-up at best. I don't care if he throws for 300 yards and we score 50. One good game against a ****ty opponent doesn't eclipse allmhis other ****ty performances. The guy is getting the start solely because we don't want to risk injury to Tyrod before his contract is due.

Ginger Vitis
12-30-2016, 04:52 AM
I'd rather let EJ walk and pay a rookie QB drafted in the 4th or 5th round a lot less to be the backup QB for the Bills.

So you would have Cardale Jones and a 4th or 5th Rounder as a backup going into the 2017 season... Sounds like a good way to try and get the No.1 overall pick in 2018

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2016, 05:18 AM
I'd take EJ back in a heartbeat. As the backup, for a team friendly deal.

trapezeus
12-30-2016, 08:38 AM
I would rather not have a backup to be honest.

THATHURMANATOR
12-30-2016, 08:50 AM
EJ has one last chance to play for a new contract this Sunday, probably a backup QB contract....

If he plays great, does that mean the Bills resign him and let EJ compete for the starting job next year?

Stomach acid just increased....

A friend of mine said to me today, "I know why the Bills are starting EJ!"

Why?

"They want to lose this game!"

It was funny, and at the same time it was probably true.

Winning this last game means squat, and knowing how the Pegula's like to play for draft positions, it's not unlikely.

Tyrod Taylor has played his last game as a Buffalo Bill.

If the Bills had any plans to sign Tyrod to his contract extension, they'd let him play this Sunday.

Benching Tyrod Taylor has nothing to do with keeping him healthy for the 2017 season, and everything to do with avoiding paying him $30 million guaranteed if he gets hurt.

Tyrod is going to play the market, and I wouldn't be surprised if a team or two decide to pay him big money, or at least more than the Bills are willing to pay for his services.

Back to EJ...

Backup QB's make what, at least $4 million a season?

Don't agree at all

EJ is gone 100%

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2016, 09:17 AM
Don't agree at all

EJ is gone 100%

Thurm. This is the Bills. Nothing is 100%, except the fact that they won't make the playoffs next year.

Scumbag College
12-30-2016, 09:30 AM
EJ is going to hard count and QB sneak our way to the Promised Land in 2017.

djjimkelly
12-30-2016, 09:34 AM
EJ is going to hard count and QB sneak our way to the Promised Land in 2017.

maybe tyrod will stare at nothing while wrs open. and we will make playoffs

justasportsfan
12-30-2016, 09:34 AM
The bills will win by getting the opponents D to commit 75 offside penalty yards from the 25 through EJs hard count . Thats the new potent offense.

Bill Cody
12-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Don't agree at all

EJ is gone 100%

EJ's gone? Tyrod's gone? Who's here? Or are we going full wildcat?

DraftBoy
12-30-2016, 10:15 AM
EJ's gone? Tyrod's gone? Who's here? Or are we going full wildcat?

We're gonna have Sammy play QB and just run a straight Wishbone, Flexbone, and Wing T concepts. Problem solved!

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2016, 10:23 AM
We're gonna have Sammy play QB and just run a straight Wishbone, Flexbone, and Wing T concepts. Problem solved!

What are they going to do for the other 15 games and 3 quarters?

DraftBoy
12-30-2016, 12:21 PM
What are they going to do for the other 15 games and 3 quarters?

Percy Harvin - 1 Quarter
Marquise Goodwin - 2 Games

Then we just say screw it and let Kyle Williams take all the snaps and go both ways.

Dr. Lecter
12-30-2016, 12:33 PM
Dontari Poe for QB in 2017

Who is with me??????

(Hey has one more TD pass over the middle in his career than Taylor!)

Thurmal
12-30-2016, 12:54 PM
Speaking of crazy offenses to run with limited QBs, I always thought that when Losman was in town, they should have thrown 25+ yard passes every single play and hoped for either a big gain or pass interference. It was the only ball he could throw consistently well.

WagonCircler
01-01-2017, 08:36 AM
EJ is EJ. Whether he plays well or poorly on Sun is irrelevant. He's a career back-up at best. I don't care if he throws for 300 yards and we score 50. One good game against a ****ty opponent doesn't eclipse allmhis other ****ty performances. The guy is getting the start solely because we don't want to risk injury to Tyrod before his contract is due.

Not with Doug Whaley wielding ultimate power over everything.

Mark my words, EJ Manuel will be the Bills starting QB next year.

djjimkelly
01-01-2017, 11:37 AM
its soon to be EJ time

while i dont think he is the answer in any form

i like him more then i like tyrod

ckg927
01-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Just blow the damn team up. Go scorched Earth.

That's all I've got to say about that!

The Natrix
01-01-2017, 02:23 PM
B b but but but EJ had an almost comeback game against the jags.

DynaPaul
01-01-2017, 03:21 PM
Anyone still rooting for EJ needs a mental health evaluation.

ckg927
01-01-2017, 03:51 PM
AND they need to get run out of town on a rail.

Mr. Pink
01-01-2017, 03:54 PM
I think we've seen all 3 QBs take their last snaps as members of the Buffalo Bills personally.

swiper
01-01-2017, 04:54 PM
It's OFFICIAL: EJ MANUEL IS THE WORST DRAFT PICK EVER FOR THE BUFFALO BILLS.

Worst player ever. Get him out of town forever. What an absolute nightmare - from the beginning.

coastal
01-02-2017, 06:47 AM
I hope they run EJ out there as the starter next year!

time to tank!

Victor7
01-02-2017, 10:09 AM
Let that game be a testament to all the idiots that say EJ and Taylor are the same QB.

And let me just say that Taylor IS NOT the answer at QB for this team. I expect us to move on from him. But maaaaan. EJ Manuel makes me crave for JP Losman. He makes Tyrod look like Elway. The man is without a doubt one of the worst QB's I have ever seen.

I'm still wondering who that pass in the 2nd half was for ?? You know which one right ??

Albany,n.y.
01-02-2017, 10:26 AM
Let that game be a testament to all the idiots that say EJ and Taylor are the same QB.

And let me just say that Taylor IS NOT the answer at QB for this team. I expect us to move on from him. But maaaaan. EJ Manuel makes me crave for JP Losman. He makes Tyrod look like Elway. The man is without a doubt one of the worst QB's I have ever seen.

I'm still wondering who that pass in the 2nd half was for ?? You know which one right ??
The worst part was they weren't saying EJ & Tyrod are the same, they were saying EJ is better. Now that EJ has proven over & over & over again he has no business on an NFL field, I think it's probably sinking in to the EJ fans just how bad he really is. However, EJ isn't the worst QB I've ever seen-I saw Gary Marangi.

WagonCircler
01-02-2017, 11:01 AM
It's OFFICIAL: EJ MANUEL IS THE WORST DRAFT PICK EVER FOR THE BUFFALO BILLS.

Worst player ever. Get him out of town forever. What an absolute nightmare - from the beginning.

On its face, this is true. But it doesn't even tell the whole story. When you add in the horrendous Watkins debacle, done expressly to "help" EJ, its a multiplier. Doug Whaley's EJ advocacy set this franchise back a decade.

The Jokeman
01-02-2017, 11:19 AM
On its face, this is true. But it doesn't even tell the whole story. When you add in the horrendous Watkins debacle, done expressly to "help" EJ, its a multiplier. Doug Whaley's EJ advocacy set this franchise back a decade.

A decade? That's a bit extreme using this logic we could blame John Butler for drafting Todd Collins set us back what 30 years?

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-02-2017, 11:52 AM
The worst part was they weren't saying EJ & Tyrod are the same, they were saying EJ is better. Now that EJ has proven over & over & over again he has no business on an NFL field, I think it's probably sinking in to the EJ fans just how bad he really is. However, EJ isn't the worst QB I've ever seen-I saw Gary Marangi.

THjs times 100. All the ****ing morons who used to say **** like 'ej would make that throw ' can officially throw themselves in traffic. I mean seriously! At least tyrod belongs in the NFL as a backup. I don't think ej even belongs in the cfl.

TacklingDummy
01-02-2017, 12:05 PM

Just like any Bills QB I rooted for him to succeed. Even though I've thought they all have sucked since Flutie.

I wish for once I would've been proved wrong.

DynaPaul
01-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Just like any Bills QB I rooted for him to succeed. Even though I've thought they all have sucked since Flutie.

I wish for once I would've been proved wrong.

We all do TD, we all do, but when a guy just isn't a player we can't convince ourselves that he is.

WagonCircler
01-02-2017, 05:16 PM
A decade? That's a bit extreme using this logic we could blame John Butler for drafting Todd Collins set us back what 30 years?

Todd Collins was terrible, but we didn't make the equivalent stupid deal for Watkins to help him. The damage is still being done. It's a pretty good bet that Whaley's handling of last Sunday's game chased Tyrod away, and while he's certainly not a franchise QB, he's light years better than EJ. So you go into next season with EJ, who I still think Whaley will re-sign, because he's that stupid, and Box-Of-Rocks Cardale Jones.

It will take at least another 5 years for this team to recover from the EJ/Whaley era.

Arm of Harm
01-02-2017, 05:32 PM

Maybe the decade reference was a bit extreme. But out of morbid curiosity, let's see how far back the Manuel pick has set this franchise . . .

E.J. was drafted in 2013. For the following several years the Bills put a hold on finding their next quarterback, because Whaley felt he was "all set" with EJ. So along comes Rex Ryan, who (wisely) doesn't want to be canned due to his general manager's idiocy. (As he would be, if he started E.J.) Out of sheer self-preservation he managed to talk Whaley into having a passably sane alternative to E.J., in the form of Tyrod Taylor. Taylor had one decent season, which gave the Bills' front office an excuse to convince itself it was "all set" at QB because of Taylor.

Later, Whaley managed to talk fast enough and smoothly enough to convince those who hadn't been paying attention that he'd had little or nothing to do with the E.J. pick. That it was all Buddy Nix's idea. I don't think Whaley has fooled the majority of the fanbase, but that doesn't matter. He's fooled the Pegluas, and theirs are the only votes that count.

So now, amazingly, the general manager who went "all in on E.J." still has a job, and has been placed in charge of finding E.J.'s replacement! During the Jets game the announcers said that Whaley was "high on Cardale" and thinks he might be the future. God help us! Problem being that if (when) Cardale doesn't work out, Whaley has a built-in excuse. "We took a flier on a QB in the fourth round," he'll say. "Things didn't work out, but that's normal for a fourth round pick." Cardale Jones creates the illusion that Whaley might have a viable plan in place at QB, thus shielding him from accountability in the present. And by the time Cardale's failure becomes impossible to deny, he'll have some other athletically gifted, inaccurate passer/slow processor of information lined up and ready to peddle to the Pegulas. Bottom line being that the Bills won't have a quarterback as long as Whaley is the general manager, and there's no knowing how long Whaley's tenure/the QB drought is going to last. I could easily envision that drought lasting through the end of 2022, or ten years after the Manuel pick had been made.

Granted, it would be inaccurate to blame that soon-to-be-wasted decade solely on Manuel. By the time the smoke clears there will be many failed QBs among whom the blame can be distributed. But ultimately the blame belongs to only two people. To Doug Whaley, for his gross incompetence at evaluating QB talent. And to Terry Pegula, for his failure to hire a credible general manager.

mdcas22
01-02-2017, 05:47 PM
I think we've seen all 3 QBs take their last snaps as members of the Buffalo Bills personally.

I think Jones is here..

Mace
01-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Maybe the decade reference was a bit extreme. But out of morbid curiosity, let's see how far back the Manuel pick has set this franchise . . .

E.J. was drafted in 2013. For the following several years the Bills put a hold on finding their next quarterback, because Whaley felt he was "all set" with EJ. So along comes Rex Ryan, who (wisely) doesn't want to be canned due to his general manager's idiocy. (As he would be, if he started E.J.) Out of sheer self-preservation he managed to talk Whaley into having a passably sane alternative to E.J., in the form of Tyrod Taylor. Taylor had one decent season, which gave the Bills' front office an excuse to convince itself it was "all set" at QB because of Taylor.

Later, Whaley managed to talk fast enough and smoothly enough to convince those who hadn't been paying attention that he'd had little or nothing to do with the E.J. pick. That it was all Buddy Nix's idea. I don't think Whaley has fooled the majority of the fanbase, but that doesn't matter. He's fooled the Pegluas, and theirs are the only votes that count.

So now, amazingly, the general manager who went "all in on E.J." still has a job, and has been placed in charge of finding E.J.'s replacement! During the Jets game the announcers said that Whaley was "high on Cardale" and thinks he might be the future. God help us! Problem being that if (when) Cardale doesn't work out, Whaley has a built-in excuse. "We took a flier on a QB in the fourth round," he'll say. "Things didn't work out, but that's normal for a fourth round pick." Cardale Jones creates the illusion that Whaley might have a viable plan in place at QB, thus shielding him from accountability in the present. And by the time Cardale's failure becomes impossible to deny, he'll have some other athletically gifted, inaccurate passer/slow processor of information lined up and ready to peddle to the Pegulas. Bottom line being that the Bills won't have a quarterback as long as Whaley is the general manager, and there's no knowing how long Whaley's tenure/the QB drought is going to last. I could easily envision that drought lasting through the end of 2022, or ten years after the Manuel pick had been made.

Granted, it would be inaccurate to blame that soon-to-be-wasted decade solely on Manuel. By the time the smoke clears there will be many failed QBs among whom the blame can be distributed. But ultimately the blame belongs to only two people. To Doug Whaley, for his gross incompetence at evaluating QB talent. And to Terry Pegula, for his failure to hire a credible general manager.

I've come to the conclusion Whaley figures if he drafted someone for a position, he must have solved the issue at it, regardless of whether they are good or not or growing at all, and no point in paying attention to it until he has to solve it again. If they get hurt, get a pro FA and there, it's neatly double solved for next year.

Like, if Gilmore leaves, so what, he got Seymour and solved that ahead of time last year didn't he ? Give his kid a chance. No need to prioritize CB, see how savvy he is ? Kyle retires....solved that last year by getting Washington ! But Dareus got suspended, oh well...vet FA time ! So he'll ignore that sweet CB or monster DT sitting there, and trade up for a maybe safety because he had to draft that playmaker WR to compliment Watkins earlier, giving them perceived depth at WR because we have Dez Lewis and Listenbee in the pipe (craftily solved ahead of time also) don't we ?

Whaley thinks he has depth because he drafted those positions already and surely they're developing and just need a chance. It's mean to make him keep resolving the same problems on a year by year basis because they don't scout underclassmen. If only he had a real coach to appreciate his savvy talent accumulation, he wouldn't have to keep doing the the same research every year.

The Jokeman
01-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Todd Collins was terrible, but we didn't make the equivalent stupid deal for Watkins to help him. The damage is still being done. It's a pretty good bet that Whaley's handling of last Sunday's game chased Tyrod away, and while he's certainly not a franchise QB, he's light years better than EJ. So you go into next season with EJ, who I still think Whaley will re-sign, because he's that stupid, and Box-Of-Rocks Cardale Jones.

It will take at least another 5 years for this team to recover from the EJ/Whaley era.

I'm sure Sunday cleared in anyone's mind, including Whaley that EJ doesn't belong here next year, in terms of Tyrod I'm sure that be up to the next HC and Whaley to decide together.