X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

EJ Manuel's Last Stand - Tyrod Taylor Has Played His Last Game As A Bill

EJ has one last chance to play for a new contract this Sunday, probably a backup QB contract....

If he plays great, does that mean the Bills resign him and let EJ compete for the starting job next year?

Stomach acid just increased....

A friend of mine said to me today, "I know why the Bills are starting EJ!"

Why?

"They want to lose this game!"

It was funny, and at the same time it was probably true.

Winning this last game means squat, and knowing how the Pegula's like to play for draft positions, it's not unlikely.

Tyrod Taylor has played his last game as a Buffalo Bill.

If the Bills had any plans to sign Tyrod to his contract extension, they'd let him play this Sunday.

Benching Tyrod Taylor has nothing to do with keeping him healthy for the 2017 season, and everything to do with avoiding paying him $30 million guaranteed if he gets hurt.

Tyrod is going to play the market, and I wouldn't be surprised if a team or two decide to pay him big money, or at least more than the Bills are willing to pay for his services.

Back to EJ...

Backup QB's make what, at least $4 million a season?

I'd rather let EJ walk and pay a rookie QB drafted in the 4th or 5th round a lot less to be the backup QB for the Bills.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: EJ Manuel's Last Stand - Tyrod Taylor Has Played His Last Game As A Bill

EJ is EJ. Whether he plays well or poorly on Sun is irrelevant. He's a career back-up at best. I don't care if he throws for 300 yards and we score 50. One good game against a ****ty opponent doesn't eclipse allmhis other ****ty performances. The guy is getting the start solely because we don't want to risk injury to Tyrod before his contract is due.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post

I'd rather let EJ walk and pay a rookie QB drafted in the 4th or 5th round a lot less to be the backup QB for the Bills.
      So you would have Cardale Jones and a 4th or 5th Rounder as a backup going into the 2017 season... Sounds like a good way to try and get the No.1 overall pick in 2018

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

I'd take EJ back in a heartbeat. As the backup, for a team friendly deal.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

I would rather not have a backup to be honest.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
            EJ has one last chance to play for a new contract this Sunday, probably a backup QB contract....

If he plays great, does that mean the Bills resign him and let EJ compete for the starting job next year?

Stomach acid just increased....

A friend of mine said to me today, "I know why the Bills are starting EJ!"

Why?

"They want to lose this game!"

It was funny, and at the same time it was probably true.

Winning this last game means squat, and knowing how the Pegula's like to play for draft positions, it's not unlikely.

Tyrod Taylor has played his last game as a Buffalo Bill.

If the Bills had any plans to sign Tyrod to his contract extension, they'd let him play this Sunday.

Benching Tyrod Taylor has nothing to do with keeping him healthy for the 2017 season, and everything to do with avoiding paying him $30 million guaranteed if he gets hurt.

Tyrod is going to play the market, and I wouldn't be surprised if a team or two decide to pay him big money, or at least more than the Bills are willing to pay for his services.

Back to EJ...

Backup QB's make what, at least $4 million a season?

Don't agree at all

EJ is gone 100%

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
              Don't agree at all

EJ is gone 100%
              Thurm. This is the Bills. Nothing is 100%, except the fact that they won't make the playoffs next year.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                • Oct 2002

EJ is going to hard count and QB sneak our way to the Promised Land in 2017.
                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                  EJ is going to hard count and QB sneak our way to the Promised Land in 2017.

maybe tyrod will stare at nothing while wrs open. and we will make playoffs

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

The bills will win by getting the opponents D to commit 75 offside penalty yards from the 25 through EJs hard count . Thats the new potent offense.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                      Don't agree at all

EJ is gone 100%
                      EJ's gone? Tyrod's gone? Who's here? Or are we going full wildcat?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                        EJ's gone? Tyrod's gone? Who's here? Or are we going full wildcat?
                        We're gonna have Sammy play QB and just run a straight Wishbone, Flexbone, and Wing T concepts. Problem solved!
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          We're gonna have Sammy play QB and just run a straight Wishbone, Flexbone, and Wing T concepts. Problem solved!
                          What are they going to do for the other 15 games and 3 quarters?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                            What are they going to do for the other 15 games and 3 quarters?
                            Percy Harvin - 1 Quarter
                            Marquise Goodwin - 2 Games

Then we just say screw it and let Kyle Williams take all the snaps and go both ways.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Dontari Poe for QB in 2017

Who is with me??????

(Hey has one more TD pass over the middle in his career than Taylor!)
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X