PDA

View Full Version : Marv Levy offers to coach the Bills again

swiper
12-30-2016, 06:50 AM
In the category of does this guy deserve a second chance... ROFL

Levy told 104.5 The Team in Albany that he thinks he’d be up to the task, even though he’s now 91 years old.

“I might do it,” Levy said. “It was one of those things where after forty seven years of coaching I really needed to get that deep breath to step aside but after a couple of years passed I very much would have liked to come back…. But I’d do it but I’m not deluding myself to think that the offer would come. If the offer did come I sure would consider it. Sure.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/30/marv-levy-age-91-says-hed-coach-the-bills-if-asked/

DraftBoy
12-30-2016, 06:52 AM
I love Marv, but no.

sukie
12-30-2016, 07:58 AM
at 91... Marv can STILL count to eleven.

feldspar
12-30-2016, 08:02 AM
And I thought Coughlin was a too old to start somewhere else...Marv is old enough to be his father.

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2016, 08:12 AM
On the bright side, if he did come back to coach, Buffalo could be the first NFL franchise to suck bad enough that their coach would have a heart attack and die on the sidelines.

coastal
12-30-2016, 08:14 AM
Maybe Jim o can play QB even with his alcoholic dementia.

Zero
12-30-2016, 09:45 AM
at 91... Marv can STILL count to eleven.

LMAO

Seriously though, it's a little early for April Fools Day jokes...

Homegrown
12-30-2016, 09:51 AM
Too bad Lou Saban isn't available. ....

Mr. Miyagi
12-30-2016, 09:58 AM
Not even if Kelly and Bruce and Reed come out of retirement.

djjimkelly
12-30-2016, 10:04 AM
lol @ marv

god bless him

we could be the first team to change coaches mid season because of ---- death to old age

at least it would be a new way to change our coach

Generalissimus Gibby
12-30-2016, 10:19 AM
Not even if Kelly and Bruce and Reed come out of retirement.

Reed and Kelly look bad. Bruce looks like he could still kill people

Forward_Lateral
12-30-2016, 10:24 AM
Reed and Kelly look bad. Bruce looks like he could still kill people

Cancer will do that to you

Generalissimus Gibby
12-30-2016, 10:25 AM
NFL fun fact, Bud Grant is actually younger than Marv

Homegrown
12-30-2016, 10:48 AM
NFL fun fact, Bud Grant is actually younger than Marv

Funner Fact : So is Hank Stram, the guy who beat Grant's team in SB IV..... in fact, so is Don Shula, Chuck Noll, John Madden, and every other living SB winning coach

SpikedLemonade
12-30-2016, 11:09 AM
I think he is too young.

Ask him to wait until he is 100 and to then apply for the job again.

We know there will no doubt be an opening.

Generalissimus Gibby
12-30-2016, 11:20 AM
Funner Fact : So is Hank Stram, the guy who beat Grant's team in SB IV..... in fact, so is Don Shula, Chuck Noll, John Madden, and every other living SB winning coach

Actually Stram and Noll have died in recent years

WagonCircler
12-30-2016, 11:53 AM
When I first read this, I literally cringed.

But when I heard the actual audio, it was clear that they (including Marc) were joking.

feldspar
12-30-2016, 01:11 PM

But when I heard the actual audio, it was clear that they (including Marc) were joking.

Misleading sound-bytes is how half the "news" happens these days it seems.

Thanks. Good to know that Marv is still sharp.

OpIv37
12-30-2016, 01:28 PM
I love Marv, but no.

This. The guy was great and I appreciate what he accomplished here. I read his book and I have a ton of respect for him. But his time has come and gone.

Also, much like Cowher and Gruden, why would he want to taint his legacy by getting involved with this dumpster fire?

If this were a Cowher/Tomlin or Jimmy Johnson/Gailey situation where he could be handed a team that was already SB caliber, I could see maybe giving it a shot to get that elusive ring. But this team is nowhere near ready to compete.

Homegrown
12-30-2016, 02:07 PM
Actually Stram and Noll have died in recent years

Yeah.... I was being a d*ck

swiper
12-30-2016, 03:00 PM

Of course he was. What else could it have possibly been?

The Jokeman
12-30-2016, 03:07 PM
Of course he was. What else could it have possibly been?

People tend to forget Levy has a sense of levity and instead remembered more for quoting Churchill then his "Go Bills for we are here to cheer for you etc." song.

YardRat
12-30-2016, 03:41 PM
This. The guy was great and I appreciate what he accomplished here. I read his book and I have a ton of respect for him. But his time has come and gone.

Also, much like Cowher and Gruden, why would he want to taint his legacy by getting involved with this dumpster fire?

If this were a Cowher/Tomlin or Jimmy Johnson/Gailey situation where he could be handed a team that was already SB caliber, I could see maybe giving it a shot to get that elusive ring. But this team is nowhere near ready to compete.

You don't remember the dumpster fire he got involved with the first time around, do you?