PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Night Practice and.....

mackey789
07-28-2003, 10:08 PM
Let me tell you this, this team looks GOOD. I have never seen such crisp flow from each of the units ("O" and "D"). The biggest improvement is definitely the intensity and attitude of the defense. Takeo and London are constantly together and they are clearly the leaders of the "D". Also, in my opinion, i believe Josh Reed is going to have a huge year. He caught everything thrown to him and he looked confident with his position. Drew looked very accurate and on their "Two Minute Drill" they drove the length of the field on the first defense in 1:08 for a score. On many of the other drills, though, the defense picked off a few passes and defended many others. I can't wait for the season to start, this team is going to be a special one!

One other note: Marcus Jones looked 100% and he even had a couple of sacks (2 hand touches) while going against our starting O-Line. He is one big dude too.

eyedog
07-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Was Marcus beating Mike Williams then ?

MDFINFAN
07-28-2003, 11:44 PM
That's the opposite of our O and D..in the 2 minute drill the D beat the 1st O Twice,,,and we have guys on our board raving about how impoved our O is this year....So if your O scored on your D, is your D behind your O so far. And are the sacks a indicator of a problem? These are all football ?'s. Non smack..

venis2k1
07-29-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
That's the opposite of our O and D..in the 2 minute drill the D beat the 1st O Twice

just a guess, buts is prolly cause in a 2 minute drill, you dont run the ball very much. Without Ricky, your gonna be in trouble. I just dont think that Jay(or brian or who ever was running your offense) has the arm to drive 80 yards against a top 5 Defense in 2 minutes(yea i said Miami has a top 5 defense :loblo: ) as for the bills O beating the D, Drew bledsoe is the master of the 2 minute drill. and as for the sacks, Drew bledsoe is ALWAYS gonna take a lot of sacks, I just like the fact that the bills Defense is getting some Sacks under their belt.

MDFINFAN
07-29-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1

just a guess, buts is prolly cause in a 2 minute drill, you dont run the ball very much. Without Ricky, your gonna be in trouble. I just dont think that Jay(or brian or who ever was running your offense) has the arm to drive 80 yards against a top 5 Defense in 2 minutes(yea i said Miami has a top 5 defense :loblo: ) as for the bills O beating the D, Drew bledsoe is the master of the 2 minute drill. and as for the sacks, Drew bledsoe is ALWAYS gonna take a lot of sacks, I just like the fact that the bills Defense is getting some Sacks under their belt.

That's interesting, actually Jay is a master at the 2 min drill, actually that's one of the best parts of his game, his decision making in those instances are outstanding, we've won a number of those games because of his abilities..The other thing, and I'm having a hard time believing this myself, is that Jay's arm strengh is actually better this year. He's zipping the ball in with tight spirals. He's looked impressive this camp..I guess bringing in Grease brought out the best in him..This is the first camp in a long time, he's been healthy at the begining. He's bulked up and his arm is showing the fruits of it..and he's even throwing deep with accuracy, can you believe that..He's actually burning some of our 1st team DB's and they have tight coverage on the recievers, so he's putting the ball with authority where it has to be. Back to the 2 min drill, the D clamped down, the O drove a little bit, but once they got close to the endzone, the D shut them down. Recievers just couldn't get open, and the rush is outstanding. Tip balls everywhere. The O scored more easily last year on them in TC during the 2 min drill. But the added D players so far are playing up to their hype..Still early in camp, we're see how it goes.
I really didn't expect the sack with your Oline supposive improving. But it's early...

eyedog
07-29-2003, 07:51 AM
Thats a double edged sword depending how you want to look at it. MW did have some problems in pass protection last year, but on the other hand maybe M. Jones will be healthy and provide a pass rush boost which this team needs.
As for the Dolphins and Fiedler I wouldn't get to giddy. He hasn't proved anything in the clutch when it matters. Remember the second half in New England last year when he laid an egg. He couldn't even convert a 3rd down let alone score. Thats where you separate the good qb's from the average, not throwing passes in training camp. Oh ya, that came cost the Dolphins their season, no play-offs and the Jets thank-you.

justasportsfan
07-29-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

That's interesting, actually Jay is a master at the 2 min drill, actually that's one of the best parts of his game, his decision making in those instances are outstanding, we've won a number of those games because of his abilities..

He surely was a master against the Pats :laughter:

DraftBoy
07-29-2003, 08:31 AM
I think its great that the Dline is getting sacks against our Oline b/c that shows me two things, 1 that we will continue to put pressure on the QB throughout the season and 2 that these techniques we are using for the Dline are obviously beating our Oline so now they have something else to learn so they can recognize it and easily block the attempt. This is what TC is all about learning new things, and experimenting with them. As for the Phins, well I see them as a top 5 D, nobody can really say they arent, and they should be a force to be reckoned with come late in the season. Although I have no confidence in Fiedler at all, the reports Im hearing out of their camp is good b.c from what I hear Griese is also looking terrific, and I know how much Fiedler hates to not play(Ray Lucas last year), Im thinking that he may try too hard to win a game or to try and play through an injury. Just my thoughts.