PDA

View Full Version : Here's a wild coaching candidate...

Thurmal
12-30-2016, 07:18 PM
Before you filet me for this suggestion, keep in mind that I am looking at this from a realistic standpoint in regards to opportunity. There are not going to be a lot of guys that will want to come here, especially if they have other opportunities either this year or in the next three years. If I am an up-and-coming coordinator, there is no way in hell I'm coming to Buffalo. So, what they have to do is find someone who is dying for a chance and will take one under less-than-ideal circumstances (which is what the Bills job is).

What about Eric Mangini? Guy had a couple good seasons with the Jets (including a playoff berth) before getting tossed out after two years. Barely got a chance with the Browns, but led that team to upsets over the defending champs Saints and the Patriots during the regular season. The one drawback...he was too much of a task master and micro-manager, and his players began to hate him. Coughlin was the same way in Jax and his first few years in NY before he mellowed out, learned from his mistakes, and starting winning SBs.

Mangini could do the same. He's only 45, and has some failures to look back on and approve upon. He'd take the job in a heartbeat.

Let the abuse begin...

Luisito23
12-30-2016, 07:33 PM
I would've rather kept Rex...:ill:...

Psyche...They're both bums.

Luisito23
12-30-2016, 07:39 PM
Do you really want this guy as the HC?...

Thurmal
12-30-2016, 07:43 PM
Those Jets teams that Rex took to the AFC Championship game were Mangini's squad. Ryan didn't start losing until he tried to retool things in his image, just like with Schwartz's defense here!

In all honestly, though, I thought Rex deserved another year. Problem is at the top (cough)Russ Brandon(cough).

SpikedLemonade
12-30-2016, 07:44 PM
Before you filet me for this suggestion, keep in mind that I am looking at this from a realistic standpoint in regards to opportunity. There are not going to be a lot of guys that will want to come here, especially if they have other opportunities either this year or in the next three years. If I am an up-and-coming coordinator, there is no way in hell I'm coming to Buffalo. So, what they have to do is find someone who is dying for a chance and will take one under less-than-ideal circumstances (which is what the Bills job is).

What about Eric Mangini? Guy had a couple good seasons with the Jets (including a playoff berth) before getting tossed out after two years. Barely got a chance with the Browns, but led that team to upsets over the defending champs Saints and the Patriots during the regular season. The one drawback...he was too much of a task master and micro-manager, and his players began to hate him. Coughlin was the same way in Jax and his first few years in NY before he mellowed out, learned from his mistakes, and starting winning SBs.

Mangini could do the same. He's only 45, and has some failures to look back on and approve upon. He'd take the job in a heartbeat.

Let the abuse begin...

He is worth interviewing.

djjimkelly
12-30-2016, 08:13 PM
and if manginii dont work

rich kotite hes probably free too

maybe bruce coslett as the OC

DraftBoy
12-30-2016, 08:16 PM
There are a number of reasons why Mangini didn't get any calls after New York and why the only guy who would hire him was one of the biggest asshats to walk this earth.

Thurmal
12-30-2016, 08:48 PM
and if manginii dont work

rich kotite hes probably free too

maybe bruce coslett as the OC
Don't forget Wayne Fontes.

Mace
12-30-2016, 09:27 PM
Don't forget Wayne Fontes.

I almost did ! Wayne !

jamze132
12-30-2016, 09:30 PM
If Doug Marrone isn't offered the jags job... lol

Albany,n.y.
12-31-2016, 04:53 PM
There are a number of reasons why Mangini didn't get any calls after New York and why the only guy who would hire him was one of the biggest asshats to walk this earth.

He got the call from Cleveland that made him their head coach after his time with the Jets. Cleveland is a coaching graveyard, even worse than Buffalo.

DraftBoy
01-01-2017, 07:20 AM
He got the call from Cleveland that made him their head coach after his time with the Jets. Cleveland is a coaching graveyard, even worse than Buffalo.

Yea I meant Cleveland, though his issues in New York were the same as in Cleveland.

swiper
01-01-2017, 07:24 AM

Let the abuse begin...

I suggested this a few times last week. It's not crazy. Mangini is Belichick-smart. He's got a strange personality, I guess. At least the Jet players didn't know how to react to him. He wasn't the players buddy (like Rex or Wade), nor was he a yeller (like Coughlin or Gregg Williams). But he lacked a strong offense, QB, and good coordinator in NY.

I think he walked out on SF as their DC, didn't he?

Rex Ryan went to 2 AFC division titles with Mangini's team.

swiper
01-01-2017, 07:31 AM
Brian Schottenheimer was Mangini's OC with the NY Jets.

HHURRICANE
01-01-2017, 07:40 AM
If Doug Marrone isn't offered the jags job... lol

I'm starting to think Marrone did the right thing.

DynaPaul
01-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Beer goggles candidate. Mangini and all of these other guys like Chip Kelly are that fat chick you're now considering on taking home from the bar since it's late, you're desperate, and horribly drunk. Jump in the cold shower Thurmal!

paladin warrior
01-01-2017, 03:22 PM
I wish hire Tom Coughlin And defense Mike Pettie

Mr. Pink
01-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Mangini was fired in Cleveland too soon.

Shoulda stuck for at least another year.

paladin warrior
01-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Mangini was fired in Cleveland too soon.

Shoulda stuck for at least another year.
Cleveland lost today in OVERTIME

Mr. Pink
01-01-2017, 03:50 PM
Cleveland lost today in OVERTIME

GOOD!

First overall pick.

Thurmal
01-01-2017, 04:11 PM
Beer goggles candidate. Mangini and all of these other guys like Chip Kelly are that fat chick you're now considering on taking home from the bar since it's late, you're desperate, and horribly drunk. Jump in the cold shower Thurmal!

Hahaha! I actually was drinking when I posted this thread! Still stand by it, though.

paladin warrior
01-01-2017, 04:34 PM
GOOD!

First overall pick. what happen ? Cleveland brown dog 💩 took many draft this year. 👎