PDA

View Full Version : SI: Rex Ryan's Last Rodeo

swiper
12-31-2016, 08:19 AM
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/12/27/rex-ryan-fired-bills-future

swiper
12-31-2016, 08:20 AM
In Baltimore and New York, Ryan’s strength was loyalty from his players and how he could creatively bring out their strengths. There were very public signs, though, that he never established that same dynamic in Buffalo. One of the Bills’ best players, Jerry Hughes, was benched for the start of the Week 14 game against Pittsburgh for a non-injury reason. Ryan also enumerated in a press conference some of the mistakes cornerback Stephon Gilmore made in the second Patriots game, a loss. Both were a departure from Ryan’s normal way of business—and a indicator of strained relationships with some of his most important defensive players.

YardRat
12-31-2016, 08:28 AM
Cared more about padding his cronies wallets than winning football games.

SpikedLemonade
12-31-2016, 08:34 AM
Duff's, Anchor Bar and Gabriel's Gate will dearly miss the Ryan brothers.

justasportsfan
12-31-2016, 09:08 AM
The Ryan bros can now concentrate on their movie career.

Skooby
12-31-2016, 09:34 AM
Cared more about padding his cronies wallets than winning football games.
When his brother came aboard it was the end of the line, another loser.

Homegrown
12-31-2016, 09:37 AM
I essentially stopped following Bills when they hired that ass clown as head coach.....I couldn't believe any sane individual(s) would even consider that buffoon

The ultimate wtf moment? ... when ownership allowed that career loser brother to join the coaching staff

Historian
12-31-2016, 11:34 AM
Duff's, Anchor Bar and Gabriel's Gate will dearly miss the Ryan brothers.

Not to mention the concession stands at Sabres games!

OLDSRIP
12-31-2016, 05:15 PM
The Ryan bros can now concentrate on their movie career.
Wasn't the Dumb and Dumber sequel already done?

YardRat
12-31-2016, 05:58 PM
Wasn't the Dumb and Dumber sequel already done?

They don't usually release the Bills' annual season videos until the off season.

John Doe
01-02-2017, 02:01 PM
I thought the end was when Rex endorsed Trump.

Politics and sports don't mix, especially when you endorse a guy who aligns himself against the issues of the black community.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2017, 03:51 PM
I thought the end was when Rex endorsed Trump.

Politics and sports don't mix, especially when you endorse a guy who aligns himself against the issues of the black community.
LOL WTF do you ever think for yourself or just read the media bull ****? let me guess... you are in need of coloring books and a safe space...

John Doe
01-02-2017, 04:05 PM
LOL WTF do you ever think for yourself or just read the media bull ****? let me guess... you are in need of coloring books and a safe space...

What...no content from you?

I'm shocked.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Here's your coloring book, Nancy

YardRat
01-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Don't tell Jane Doe about Nancy, you'll get John in trouble.

John Doe
01-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Here's your coloring book, Nancy

Try a little harder. You're just phoning it in.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Try a little harder. You're just phoning it in.lol Im just goofing around with ya. Peace :)

Arm of Harm
01-04-2017, 09:57 AM
What...no content from you?

I'm shocked.

And yet . . . you accused Trump of aligning himself against the interests of the black community, without providing content to support that accusation. Below are some of the positions Trump has taken, or things he's done, which are consistent with the interests of the black community.

1) Promised to end China's currency manipulation, and bring jobs back to America. This helps all Americans, including blacks.
2) Promised to enforce immigration law. At a time when the United States is unable to provide the jobs the black community requires, we do not need to import large numbers of non-Americans to drive down wage rates, while taking away what jobs we do have.
3) Promised to make it in large corporations' best financial interests to return to America. Granted, this would help all Americans, not just blacks only.
4) Gave numerous speeches at black churches. Not only did he describe how he'd do more to help the black community than Democrats had done, he also took time to listen to the black community: to their hopes and their fears.

I'm sure others could add to this list. The idea that Trump has an anti-black agenda is a liberal talking point, and bears no connection at all to reality.

justasportsfan
01-04-2017, 10:15 AM
I'm sure others could add to this list. The idea that Trump has an anti-black agenda is a liberal talking point, and bears no connection at all to reality.

Well, he is forcing a black family out of their home in a few days , ya know......

justasportsfan
01-04-2017, 11:32 AM
When his brother came aboard it was the end of the line, another loser.

John Doe
01-04-2017, 04:43 PM
And yet . . . you accused Trump of aligning himself against the interests of the black community, without providing content to support that accusation. Below are some of the positions Trump has taken, or things he's done, which are consistent with the interests of the black community.

1) Promised to end China's currency manipulation, and bring jobs back to America. This helps all Americans, including blacks.
2) Promised to enforce immigration law. At a time when the United States is unable to provide the jobs the black community requires, we do not need to import large numbers of non-Americans to drive down wage rates, while taking away what jobs we do have.
3) Promised to make it in large corporations' best financial interests to return to America. Granted, this would help all Americans, not just blacks only.
4) Gave numerous speeches at black churches. Not only did he describe how he'd do more to help the black community than Democrats had done, he also took time to listen to the black community: to their hopes and their fears.

I guess aligning himself with the alt right is another example of looking out for black interests - its right of there with speeches at black churches.

A large part of the Republican agenda has to do with the dis-enfranchisement of black voters and Trump has done nothing to distance himself from it.

Arm of Harm
01-04-2017, 05:34 PM
I guess aligning himself with the alt right is another example of looking out for black interests - its right of there with speeches at black churches.

A large part of the Republican agenda has to do with the dis-enfranchisement of black voters and Trump has done nothing to distance himself from it.

You are using additional nonsensical accusations as excuse for the baseless nature of your original liberal talking point. Not one word you've posted on this matter has any relationship to reality.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-04-2017, 07:41 PM
A large part of the Republican agenda has to do with the dis-enfranchisement of black voters .

that is the most ridiculous piece of bull ****.

John Doe
01-04-2017, 07:47 PM
You are using additional nonsensical accusations as excuse for the baseless nature of your original liberal talking point. Not one word you've posted on this matter has any relationship to reality.

Sorry, but it is not baseless. The fact is, Trump courted the alt-right vote. If you chose not to believe it, then that is your delusion that Brietbart is some kind of fair and balanced news broker.

Not a whole lot of blacks voted for Trump. They don't like him - that can hardly be disputed. It is obvious that you would blame that on some sort of liberal brain-washing, but the fact is that he was at the fore-front is trying to de-legitimize the Obama presidency, a blatantly racist thing to do, among other things in his past.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/18/opinion/why-blacks-loathe-trump.html (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/18/opinion/why-blacks-loathe-trump.html)

Now to my original point. If you were the coach of a pro football team and knew the sentiments of the black community, you would tend to keep your support for Trump on the down-low. Ryan's endorsement may or may not have rubbed some members of the team the wrong way (I suspect it did), but it was a stupid thing to do. That opened my eyes to just how foolish Ryan is.

Arm of Harm
01-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Sorry, but it is not baseless. The fact is, Trump courted the alt-right vote. If you chose not to believe it, then that is your delusion that Brietbart is some kind of fair and balanced news broker.

Not a whole lot of blacks voted for Trump. They don't like him - that can hardly be disputed. It is obvious that you would blame that on some sort of liberal brain-washing, but the fact is that he was at the fore-front is trying to de-legitimize the Obama presidency, a blatantly racist thing to do, among other things in his past.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/18/opinion/why-blacks-loathe-trump.html (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/18/opinion/why-blacks-loathe-trump.html)

Now to my original point. If you were the coach of a pro football team and knew the sentiments of the black community, you would tend to keep your support for Trump on the down-low. Ryan's endorsement may or may not have rubbed some members of the team the wrong way (I suspect it did), but it was a stupid thing to do. That opened my eyes to just how foolish Ryan is.

More nonsense. I'm not going to waste time debating every fresh false assertion you make, so I'll focus on the specific issue of the Obama presidency. From 2000 - 2007; 62% or more of the working age population was gainfully employed. From 2009 to the present, that percentage has never been higher (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unemployment_and_employment_statistics_for_the_US_since_2000.png) than 60%. In addition, the percentage of GDP paid out as wages (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Goodwin2_fredgraph.png) has consistently been lower under Obama than under George W. Bush. (I'm not arguing in favor of Bush's pathetic presidency. I mention it only as a comparison point for Obama's economic record.)

People use the word "recovery" in a way which suggests we'd returned to pre-crash levels of economic activity. We didn't--at least not in terms of employment, or in terms of wages. Obama's record of GDP growth is among the weakest on record. To achieve this non-recovery, Obama nearly doubled the size (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/92/GDP_to_Federal_debt_of_the_United_States.png) of the national debt. The debt had been about $10 trillion when he took office, and is about $19 trillion or more currently. This dismal, disastrous economic track record hurts all Americans, but is especially harmful to the black community. It's also devastating for our young people, who will be footing the bill for the Obama administration's spending spree. A typical member of the younger generation should expect to receive precisely nothing from that spending spree. Except, of course, the bill.

During the Democratic primary of 2008, a Hillary supporter brought a lawsuit against Obama's campaign by claiming that Obama had been born overseas; and thus was ineligible for the presidency. The judge threw the case out of court, on the theory that the man who'd brought the suit did not have a stake in the matter, and was thus ineligible to bring suit. Thus, the matter was dropped without having had the evidence examined by a court. No court ever did examine the evidence, at least not as far as I'm aware. But somewhere along the way, someone somewhere decided that the American people really were gullible and stupid enough to believe that it was "racist" to question whether Obama had been born inside the United States. "If the facts are on your side (http://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/07/04/legal-adage/), . . . pound the facts into the table. If the law is on your side, pound the law into the table. If neither the facts nor the law are on your side, pound the table." Because no court has reviewed Obama's eligibility for the presidency, accusations of "racism" on this matter are, at best, table-pounding. A distraction from the worthlessness of his presidency, and (far more importantly) the worthlessness of the Establishment which put him into office, and which attempted to do the same for Hillary.

John Doe
01-04-2017, 08:54 PM
More nonsense. I'm not going to waste time debating every fresh false assertion you make, so I'll focus on the specific issue of the Obama presidency. From 2000 - 2007; 62% or more of the working age population was gainfully employed. From 2009 to the present, that percentage has never been higher (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unemployment_and_employment_statistics_for_the_US_since_2000.png) than 60%. In addition, the percentage of GDP paid out as wages (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Goodwin2_fredgraph.png) has consistently been lower under Obama than under George W. Bush. (I'm not arguing in favor of Bush's pathetic presidency. I mention it only as a comparison point for Obama's economic record.)

People use the word "recovery" in a way which suggests we'd returned to pre-crash levels of economic activity. We didn't--at least not in terms of employment, or in terms of wages. Obama's record of GDP growth is among the weakest on record. To achieve this non-recovery, Obama nearly doubled the size (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/92/GDP_to_Federal_debt_of_the_United_States.png) of the national debt. The debt had been about $10 trillion when he took office, and is about $19 trillion or more currently. This dismal, disastrous economic track record hurts all Americans, but is especially harmful to the black community. It's also devastating for our young people, who will be footing the bill for the Obama administration's spending spree. A typical member of the younger generation should expect to receive precisely nothing from that spending spree. Except, of course, the bill.

During the Democratic primary of 2008, a Hillary supporter brought a lawsuit against Obama's campaign by claiming that Obama had been born overseas; and thus was ineligible for the presidency. The judge threw the case out of court, on the theory that the man who'd brought the suit did not have a stake in the matter, and was thus ineligible to bring suit. Thus, the matter was dropped without having had the evidence examined by a court. No court ever did examine the evidence, at least not as far as I'm aware. But somewhere along the way, someone somewhere decided that the American people really were gullible and stupid enough to believe that it was "racist" to question whether Obama had been born inside the United States. "If the facts are on your side (http://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/07/04/legal-adage/), . . . pound the facts into the table. If the law is on your side, pound the law into the table. If neither the facts nor the law are on your side, pound the table." Because no court has reviewed Obama's eligibility for the presidency, accusations of "racism" on this matter are, at best, table-pounding. A distraction from the worthlessness of his presidency, and (far more importantly) the worthlessness of the Establishment which put him into office, and which attempted to do the same for Hillary.

Trying to turn the discussion into a referendum on Obama? Trying to blame it on Clinton? It has nothing to do with the point at hand.

Facts are facts. Trump claimed all kinds of kinds of unsupported accusations about Obama. All lies.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/09/politics/donald-trump-birther/http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/09/politics/donald-trump-birther/

Try to deny it.

YardRat
01-04-2017, 09:18 PM
I feel like the guy that went to a boxing match and saw a hockey game break out.

Why don't you guys move the conversation from the football forum to the Spin Zone?

John Doe
01-05-2017, 04:22 AM
I feel like the guy that went to a boxing match and saw a hockey game break out.

Why don't you guys move the conversation from the football forum to the Spin Zone?

It was not my intention to start a political discussion here, but it happened.

That will be the end of it.