PDA

View Full Version : Lynn-Gus Bradley Twitter post

swiper
01-01-2017, 06:52 AM
Would having Gus Bradley running the defense in an Anthony Lynn coached team, lessen the blow of settling on Lynn?

Follow

Adam SchefterVerified account

‏@AdamSchefter

Former Jaguars HC Gus Bradley is planning to follow Anthony Lynn to any HC job he lands, per sources, creating a Lynn-Bradley ticket.

LINK (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/815514497687416833?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

swiper
01-01-2017, 06:55 AM
Responses to the Tweet are special.

Brian Cowley ‏@BillsLifer 54m54 minutes ago

@AdamSchefter awesome! A Buffalo, Jax coalition!! We are on the right track

Bryan C. Helwig ‏@bhelwig13 2h2 hours ago

@AdamSchefter what if @Jaguars hire Lynn?

@AdamSchefter quick ticket to no where

@AdamSchefter and that's the upgrade from Rex that we need? Why is Whaley yielding so much power?

@AdamSchefter (http://www.amusingtime.com/images/041/youtube-funny-logo.jpg) L-L

DraftBoy
01-01-2017, 07:12 AM
If that's true then it gives Lynn a leg up in my book. Bradley is by far the top name on the market to be a DC candidate imo.

Jaybird
01-01-2017, 07:34 AM
whats the connection?

Fixxxer
01-01-2017, 07:36 AM
that's a nice combo. If Lynn is the HC who would be the OC, and would he keep the things that work in Roman's playbook?

DraftBoy
01-01-2017, 07:38 AM
that's a nice combo. If Lynn is the HC who would be the OC, and would he keep the things that work in Roman's playbook?

I'm all in for Mike McCoy. If Lynn can add McCoy and Bradley then I'd have zero issue with this hire.

WagonCircler
01-01-2017, 08:02 AM
I ****ing hate this franchise.

DraftBoy
01-01-2017, 08:28 AM
I ****ing hate this franchise.

How could you possibly be against bringing in Bradley as a DC?

WagonCircler
01-01-2017, 08:34 AM

With Anthony Lynn as head coach and EJ Manuel as starting QB???? And Doug Whaley with 100% control over everything?????

How could I possibly NOT hate this entire organization?

DraftBoy
01-01-2017, 08:35 AM
With Anthony Lynn as head coach and EJ Manuel as starting QB???? And Doug Whaley with 100% control over everything?????

Not really sure what any of that has to do with Bradley as a DC. Do you have any thoughts on that?

WagonCircler
01-01-2017, 08:40 AM
Not really sure what any of that has to do with Bradley as a DC. Do you have any thoughts on that?

Yes my thoughts are that you could magically bring back Ted Marchibroda from the dead and splice his genes with those of Don Corryell and it wouldn't make a God damned dime's worth of difference with this group of ****ing losers running the show.

EJ ****ing Manuel is going to be the starting QB. HORRENDOUS.

The Head Coach is going to be the least qualified in the NFL.

The idiots running this team have no business in their jobs. They're total failures who are being rewarded for their ineptitude.

Why would anyone in their right mind be happy about any of this?

HHURRICANE
01-01-2017, 08:59 AM
Yes my thoughts are that you could magically bring back Ted Marchibroda from the dead and splice his genes with those of Don Corryell and it wouldn't make a God damned dime's worth of difference with this group of ****ing losers running the show.

EJ ****ing Manuel is going to be the starting QB. HORRENDOUS.

The Head Coach is going to be the least qualified in the NFL.

The idiots running this team have no business in their jobs. They're total failures who are being rewarded for their ineptitude.

Why would anyone in their right mind be happy about any of this?

I agree with you but where are you getting that EJ would be the starter?

I've heard reports the Bills are going all in on Cardele Jones in 2017.

WagonCircler
01-01-2017, 09:02 AM
I agree with you but where are you getting that EJ would be the starter?

I've heard reports the Bills are going all in on Cardele Jones in 2017.

Reports are that today is an audition for EJ for next year. The fact that Whaley is even thinking about that, tells me all I need to know.

YardRat
01-01-2017, 09:13 AM
I would be very happy with bringing Bradley in as DC, and thrilled if we doubled down with McCoy as OC. I just hope Lynn (or Whaley if he's going to be given that much say over the staff) allow the coordinators to bring in their own position coaches/assistants.

Night Train
01-01-2017, 09:31 AM
Spin,spin,spin....make the best of a train wreck.

Whaley and Brandon win again.

GingerP
01-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Reports are that today is an audition for EJ for next year. The fact that Whaley is even thinking about that, tells me all I need to know.

His audition is coming against a Jets team that wrapped up the season a month ago. Their players have been mailing it in.

tomz
01-01-2017, 10:20 AM

I am having a major issue with the idea that Whaley has '100% control.' Maybe he has a final say on some things but it is clear that Rex got the guys (ex-Jets) he wanted in many cases.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-01-2017, 10:25 AM

Isn't he a 4-3 guy?

justasportsfan
01-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Im glad someone thinks that highly of Lynn. Like menrioned in another thread McCoy for OC Pagano for DB and we should be set.

DraftBoy
01-01-2017, 10:32 AM
Isn't he a 4-3 guy?

Yes he is.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Yes he is.

Then that's my reason. I think it personnel is better suited for 3-4 and I'm sick of switching fronts every two years.

DraftBoy
01-01-2017, 10:36 AM
Then that's my reason. I think it personnel is better suited for 3-4 and I'm sick of switching fronts every two years.

I disagree, I posted it in another thread but with a move to a 4-3, you have 6 of your front 7 starters set and arguably it's a better fit for your DL than a 3 man front.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-01-2017, 10:43 AM
I disagree, I posted it in another thread but with a move to a 4-3, you have 6 of your front 7 starters set and arguably it's a better fit for your DL than a 3 man front.

If you stay at 3-4, you atill have 6 positions filled, even if you let Alexander and Brown walk and don't think Kyle is an every down player anymore.

sudzy
01-01-2017, 10:52 AM

I posted in another thread, the Bills have switch back and forth between 3-4 and 4-3 every year since 2011 every year but one.

Jimkelly12203
01-01-2017, 11:10 AM
I am in awe of how many of you are fine with this. Some of you are truly clueless.

DraftBoy
01-01-2017, 12:04 PM
If you stay at 3-4, you atill have 6 positions filled, even if you let Alexander and Brown walk and don't think Kyle is an every down player anymore.

Maybe but are you maximizing your talent that way? I'd argue Dareus and Lawson fit better in a 4-3 front. Maximizing their talent is an absolute key.

Mace
01-01-2017, 12:11 PM
I am in awe of how many of you are fine with this. Some of you are truly clueless.

Well, I'm fine with it, but I take it with a grain of salt. They clearly aren't going to overhaul the organization like I feel they should. I can't change that.

This would be the best DC available atm (imho) to insert into a less than optimal situation. It would clean out the Ryan junks from the defensive staff. Would be nice if he got Donnie Henderson back for defensive backs (pipe dream).

Wouldn't solve every problem that will still be there anyway, but solves one of them.

As far as the 4-3 vs 3-4 argument, people still miss the point of the Ryan hybrid defense. It was a theoretical 3-4 base that was not standard 3-4 (2 gap NT), which largely lined up 4-3 (even 5-2) and then became dependent on roles per play. As you could see with the Pettine to Schwartz conversion, it requires little adaption like a Fairbanks-Bullough 3-4 would. It's not much of an issue. We don't have a 2 gap NT, our ends were already DT's, and our "olb"'s were already ends.

Fixxxer
01-01-2017, 12:17 PM
The Broncos might be interested in Lynn

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/01/broncos-may-want-anthony-lynn-but-they-may-not-get-a-chance-to-hire-him/

Lol, they're clueless....

psubills62
01-01-2017, 01:14 PM
I like Bradley as DC, but I really don't like switching defenses all the time.

sudzy
01-01-2017, 01:29 PM
The Broncos might be interested in Lynn

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/01/broncos-may-want-anthony-lynn-but-they-may-not-get-a-chance-to-hire-him/

Lol, they're clueless....

Somewhere Doug Whaley is going, "Oh crap. Who else I'm I going to be able to find that can work with me?"

justasportsfan
01-01-2017, 01:32 PM
I like Bradley as DC, but I really don't like switching defenses all the time.

You dont want to get rid of this rb friendly defense?"!