• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

He's not ready but

Cardale is still better than ej.

Ankther thing is im not sure ej will get another job in The NFL again. He's not even good enough to be a backup. At least tyrod would be a good solid serviceable backup.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: He's not ready but

Cardale is flaming garbage.

Same flaming garbage he was at Ohio State.

He showed absolutely nothing different and a year of watching film, working in practice or the scout team did nothing.

Comment

• sudzy
      • Apr 2013

I wouldn't be against keeping Cardale as a 3rd string guy next year. Hang on to him a few years. But, if you don't bring back Tyrod somehow, you need to sign someone and draft someone. An with Whaley drafting our QBs? Oh, boy.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
        I wouldn't be against keeping Cardale as a 3rd string guy next year. Hang on to him a few years. But, if you don't bring back Tyrod somehow, you need to sign someone and draft someone. An with Whaley drafting our QBs? Oh, boy.
        I'd agree with keeping him as the 3rd QB...but there's no reason that he should see the field even next year after watching that.

He showed zero progression from Ohio State to that 4th quarter.

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Does anybody fear that someone would claim Cardale if we put him on the practice squad?

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

For it being the first game he even dressed, he wasn't bad. The fact that he has a little bit of velocity on his passes and attempts throws over 4 yards makes him a better prospect than Manuel or Taylor.

That being said, we need to target a QB that has:

1) ACCURACY -- this is the most important attribute, and it can't be taught! The guy just has to have it!
            2) Pocket presence
            3) The ability to read a defense

Mobility and athleticism are all well and good, but if they have deficiencies in the three aforementioned attributes, they WILL NOT be successful and, historically, they never will be.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• sudzy
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
              Does anybody fear that someone would claim Cardale if we put him on the practice squad?
              Not really

Comment

• The Beef
                • Sep 2011

Cardale had one innacurate throw on the swing pass.

He's far better than EJ.

He should've played the entire game. His fatal flaw will be forcing passes. He could've had a couple more INT's, he has no feel dor anyone in the front 7 droping into a passing lane.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                  For it being the first game he even dressed, he wasn't bad. The fact that he has a little bit of velocity on his passes and attempts throws over 4 yards makes him a better prospect than Manuel or Taylor.

That being said, we need to target a QB that has:

1) ACCURACY -- this is the most important attribute, and it can't be taught! The guy just has to have it!
                  2) Pocket presence
                  3) The ability to read a defense

Mobility and athleticism are all well and good, but if they have deficiencies in the three aforementioned attributes, they WILL NOT be successful and, historically, they never will be.
                  Problem is, those 3 things you listed, are all Cardale's weaknesses. They were weaknesses at Ohio State too.

Comment

• Thurmal
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                    Problem is, those 3 things you listed, are all Cardale's weaknesses. They were weaknesses at Ohio State too.
                    Yeah, I don't think he's the future.

I can't reiterate enough how important accuracy is for a QB. I have never seen an inaccurate QB suddenly start lacing passes. But I have seen immobile, weak-armed QBs with decent accuracy consistently win games (Chad Pennington, for example). It's the #1 attribute when looking for "the guy."
                    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• mdcas22
                      the mouth of the south
                      • Aug 2015

gonna have to trade for a QB this off season and draft 1 somewhere, go into next year with the starter (VET) Jone's and the drafted rookie.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                        I'd agree with keeping him as the 3rd QB...but there's no reason that he should see the field even next year after watching that.

He showed zero progression from Ohio State to that 4th quarter.
                        Jones was a noticeable improvement over EJ Manuel.

He doesn't hold on to the ball too long and makes quick decisions.

Not like the Jets knew the Bills were going to pass being down 23-3 in the 4th quarter...

Put Cardale's performance in context.

He threw the best pass of the day on either side of the ball that resulted in the Bills only score.

For his fist performance as a Buffalo Bill, being put in the ****tiest of ****ty situations, Cardale Jones did quite well.

EJ Manuel's stats vs the Jets:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

9/20 for 86 yards with 4.3 yards per pass average.

Cardale Jones?

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

6/11 for 96 yards.

"He showed zero progression from Ohio State to that 4th quarter."

Cardale Jones only outperformed a 4 year NFL starter/backup in less than 15 minutes.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                          Yeah, I don't think he's the future.

I can't reiterate enough how important accuracy is for a QB. I have never seen an inaccurate QB suddenly start lacing passes. But I have seen immobile, weak-armed QBs with decent accuracy consistently win games (Chad Pennington, for example). It's the #1 attribute when looking for "the guy."
                          Chad Pennington?

He had mensa level IQ too right?

You're better than that, Thurmal.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                            Bills Impossible

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                              • Mar 2013

Marquise Goodwin dropped a great pass by CJones today, which would have put him well over 100 yards.

That would have been a 15-20 yard gain if Goodwin caught an excellent pass that was on the money.

That's crazy compared to EJ's stats.

Cardale Jones was only on pace to pass for almost 400 yards if he started the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X