PDA

View Full Version : Why does Whaley get a bye?

Turf
01-01-2017, 04:57 PM
I hate this organization. I hate the way they live in denial and myopictally accept the input of "one of their's" as truth and gospel. The problems with this team are so obvious and have been so obvious. The only thing I can do is direct my anger toward Pegula for being so stupid and stubborn. For someone who used to be a fan, he sure as hell doesn't respect the opinion of the fans.

swiper
01-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Doug Whaley has to be the most hated guy in Buffalo right now.

But you know what? It should be Terry Pegula instead.

Night Train
01-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Because he's better looking than Darcy.

Thurmal
01-01-2017, 05:06 PM
Whaley, to his credit, comes up with a decent decision here and there, and that convinces people to give him yet another chance despite the reality that he can't take you to the mountaintop. He's the Jake Plummer of GMs.

sudzy
01-01-2017, 05:06 PM
Because he's better looking than Darcy.

And that's a big deal when you have a women running you team.

Night Train
01-01-2017, 05:11 PM
He has to speak to the media tomorrow.

Expect to see many pitchforks and torches. Good luck, Doug.

sudzy
01-01-2017, 05:24 PM
He has to speak to the media tomorrow.

Expect to see many pitchforks and torches. Good luck, Doug.

He's smarter then everybody and he has the owner Bullsh1ted. He won't give any answers. "Rex leaving was a mutual decision." "We as a group felt the other QBs needed to be evaluated" "We think Anthony Lynn is a hot coaching commodity" "We feel that the talent level of this team is playoff level."

sudzy
01-01-2017, 07:08 PM
One of the things that stood out to me today is how dumb this team is. The Gillislee play on the kickoff, EJ's play and blown assignments on defense. This team is just not a very smart football team. Who's fault is that? The coach?

kingJofNYC
01-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Whaley will get fired eventually, but unfortunately we're stuck with the Pegulas. They seem pretty ****ing clueless.

djjimkelly
01-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Whaley, to his credit, comes up with a decent decision here and there, and that convinces people to give him yet another chance despite the reality that he can't take you to the mountaintop. He's the Jake Plummer of GMs.

jake plummer made the playoffs

paladin warrior
01-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Yup . I want Doug W and Russ B both fire tonight or tomorrow so badly

ckg927
01-01-2017, 08:44 PM
Yup . I want Doug W and Russ B both fire tonight or tomorrow so badly

You're not the only one, son. There's a reason why I glossed Whaley, Brandon & the Ryans The Fatal 4.

As I said in other threads, if I were in Pegula's position their asses would be FIRED at the end of the game. I'd then say to the fans "You've suffered enough. We'll do everything in our power to fix this...to give you a team that you can be PROUD of."

YardRat
01-01-2017, 09:12 PM
My only speculation is...

---Brandon was a convincing voice in the hiring of Wrecks and Co.
---Whaley wasn't completely on board with the hire.
---Wrecks failed, and thus Brandon failed.
---Whaley said 'I told you so'.
---Pegula has removed Brandon from the next hiring process, and it's Whaley's turn to put up or be booted, and Pegula is going to give him that shot.

IMO this isn't just a matter of Whaley not getting along with Wrecks, but also being at odds with Russ.

Mace
01-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Whaley gets a bye because the boss likes him.

Strongman
01-01-2017, 09:40 PM

---Pegula has removed Brandon from the next hiring process, and it's Whaley's turn to put up or be booted, and Pegula is going to give him that shot.

IMO this isn't just a matter of Whaley not getting along with Wrecks, but also being at odds with Russ.

I find this believable. It was reported that Russ sent Rex a text after the interview with pointers on how to woo the Pegulas. If I were TPeg, I would be furious that an employee if mine went behind my back to suggest to an interviewee about how to manipulate me.

kingJofNYC
01-01-2017, 09:57 PM

I played this scenario out in my head earlier in the week when we heard Whaley was leading the charge, but I'm not sure if I should be giving anyone the benefit of the doubt on the Rex hire. It's good that Brandon has some stink on him though, that's for sure. Keep him the **** away from everything.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2017, 04:46 AM
Brandon isn't a marketing and sales genius. He helped Rex get the job because he knew it would sell tickets. Look at all the guys that were washed up but brought here to sell tickets. If we weren't in such bad shape they would've made a play for Romo.

sudzy
01-02-2017, 06:57 AM

The boss (Kim) thinks he's adorable.

The Jokeman
01-02-2017, 07:34 AM

or the owner is giving Whaley a chance to prove himself and if he fails he's gone ala Darcy Regier in 2013.

YardRat
01-02-2017, 07:43 AM

or the owner is giving Whaley a chance to prove himself and if he fails he's gone ala Darcy Regier in 2013.
Rappaport alluded to this on GMFB on NFLN this morning.

Historian
01-02-2017, 08:46 AM
As I said in other threads, if I were in Pegula's position their asses would be FIRED at the end of the game. I'd then say to the fans "You've suffered enough. We'll do everything in our power to fix this...to give you a team that you can be PROUD of."

And then hang one of these outside the locker room:

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12651337_10208098499957385_3056028769971835675_n.jpg?oh=c1c946a1d833feae9cef12b20babc4c1&oe=58DB5053

DynaPaul
01-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Doug Whaley has to be the most hated guy in Buffalo right now.

But you know what? It should be Terry Pegula instead.

I can't hate on the Pegulas just yet because they're still getting their feet wet in this franchise and walked into the door with two BSers in Whaley and Brandon yapping in their ears. It might take him another year or two to at least toss Whaley and get the other Wormtongue out of their faces so I'll wait until then.