PDA

View Full Version : Sampling of Mock Drafts (1/1)

DraftBoy
01-01-2017, 09:30 PM
Bills will officially be picking #10 as of this evening so all of the mocks below will change, but it's not a bad idea to see who some of the mocks are seeing as options for the Bills.

Walter's Football: CB Marlon Humphrey - Alabama
Draft site:CB Sidney Jones - Washington
Pro Football Focus: RB Leonard Fournette - LSU
Drafttek: WR JuJu Schuster - USC
NJ.com: WR JuJu Schuster - USC
CBS: WR Mike Williams - Clemson
DraftWire: S Jamal Adams - LSU
SI.com: OT Cam Robinson - Alabama

Out of the seven mocks sampled the positions were WR (3), CB (2), RB (1), S (1), and OT (1). The most common pick was JuJu Schuster from USC.

Mace
01-01-2017, 09:34 PM
I'll have a fit again if they don't get a safety or cb from who I see available every simulation at this point.

Jaybird
01-01-2017, 09:35 PM
hope Peppers enters the draft!

djjimkelly
01-01-2017, 09:43 PM
no RB in the 1st round

kingJofNYC
01-01-2017, 09:52 PM
I'll have a fit again if they don't get a safety or cb from who I see available every simulation at this point.
In order to get a good one we need Hooker to declare, I hope he does. Adams probably goes top ten as does Hooker. Safeties are hard to find and I don't recall a draft since Berry/Thomas that had two safeties with the type of range these two have.

DraftBoy
01-01-2017, 09:55 PM
In order to get a good one we need Hooker to declare, I hope he does. Adams probably goes top ten as does Hooker. Safeties are hard to find and I don't recall a draft since Berry/Thomas that had two safeties with the type of range these two have.
Hooker has already said he's heading back. That could change but I doubt it.

YardRat
01-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Thin year for olinemen, if Robinson is there at 10 I snag him. Otherwise, it's Adams.

feldspar
01-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Damn it...this time of year already again.

cookie G
01-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Does anyone really care? Seriously?

Anyway, if you're going on the All Cool name team, Budda Baker beats out Juju Schuster.

paladin warrior
01-01-2017, 10:05 PM
What about RT , NT

ICRockets
01-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Jabrill Peppers is my pick, but I'd take anyone from Alabama or a guy like Schuster or Williams.

stuckincincy
01-01-2017, 10:09 PM

It's like the Sears & Roebuck Christmas catalogs of yore...the dreams, the hopes...

Mace
01-01-2017, 10:15 PM

Still waiting to see if a couple guys declare. Robinson the OT, Tabor the CB, Peppers....at 10, good possibility. I'm figuring the two DE's (Allen & Cook), OT Robinson, QB's Watson, Trubisky, RB's Fournette, Cook....Wr Mike Williams, ILB Reuben Foster are all possible top 10. You have to figure there will be a couple reaches.

So Tabor, Humphrey, Adams, Peppers could well be around. One of them at least.

coastal
01-02-2017, 06:35 AM
I vote the Clemson guy...

The Jokeman
01-02-2017, 06:40 AM

Mike Williams or DeShaun Watson?

sudzy
01-02-2017, 06:46 AM
Discouraging. Here we are talking about the draft again. And we are looking at CBs to replace are last 1st round CB. And we are no closer to the playoffs next year. There are never any QBs available. We entered last year with two 4th rounders and the 1st one (if we had keep it) could have been used on Dak Prescott, who was playing for the record for most wins by a rookie. Instead we draft that joke we saw yesterday.

coastal
01-02-2017, 06:48 AM
Mike Williams or DeShaun Watson?
Williams wins just because he's a Williams.

Clemson wins because well... CJ Spiller.

swiper
01-02-2017, 06:56 AM

Exactly how I feel. I find myself looking up coaching staffs of teams that fired their head coaches. :down:

- - - Updated - - -

No more Mike Williams in Bills uni's please! We have not had success with them.

sudzy
01-02-2017, 07:00 AM
No more Mike Williams in Bills uni's please! We have not had success with them.

Not so fast. Doug might give up three 1st rounds and a 4th for him. He's another "once in a generation" type of player.

The Jokeman
01-02-2017, 07:09 AM
Discouraging. Here we are talking about the draft again. And we are looking at CBs to replace are last 1st round CB. And we are no closer to the playoffs next year. There are never any QBs available. We entered last year with two 4th rounders and the 1st one (if we had keep it) could have been used on Dak Prescott, who was playing for the record for most wins by a rookie. Instead we draft that joke we saw yesterday.

True or we could have also drafted Paxton Lynch or Christian Hackenberg or Jacoby Brissett or Cody Kessler or.....

sudzy
01-02-2017, 07:16 AM
True or we could have also drafted Paxton Lynch or Christian Hackenberg or Jacoby Brissett or Cody Kessler or.....

That is where a good GM and scouts makes their money. We joke about Jerry Jones, but, he found Romo as a street FA and Prescott in the 4th round. Either he's lucky with throwing darts at the draft board or he understand the qualities that go into an NFL QB. We end up with EJ and Cardale...ugh.

The Jokeman
01-02-2017, 07:30 AM
That is where a good GM and scouts makes their money. We joke about Jerry Jones, but, he found Romo as a street FA and Prescott in the 4th round. Either he's lucky with throwing darts at the draft board or he understand the qualities that go into an NFL QB. We end up with EJ and Cardale...ugh.

Romo took 4 years to develop. I know people cite Dak but as just presented there were other QBs drafted before him that struggled or didn't produce, so I guess we're not the only team to miss the boat on him.

Kenny
01-02-2017, 08:00 AM
I'd stay away from WRs in the first. We already have Watkins and Woods. We lack depth, but that can be fixed in FA.
We're a run first team, and until we get a QB, all the WR talent in the world would mean jack squat.

I think we go defense. Best available CB or Safety has to be the pick. If Lynn stays and the rumors are true about Gus Bradley coming, we're likely going back to 4-3. Our front 7 looks to pretty much set (depth is an issue and I wouldnt mind another LB), but our secondary was by far our biggest weakness.

The Jokeman
01-02-2017, 08:18 AM
I'd stay away from WRs in the first. We already have Watkins and Woods. We lack depth, but that can be fixed in FA.
We're a run first team, and until we get a QB, all the WR talent in the world would mean jack squat.

I think we go defense. Best available CB or Safety has to be the pick. If Lynn stays and the rumors are true about Gus Bradley coming, we're likely going back to 4-3. Our front 7 looks to pretty much set (depth is an issue and I wouldnt mind another LB), but our secondary was by far our biggest weakness.

Woods is an UFA, no guaranteeing he'll be back. I like the idea of WR that can develop and possibly replace Sammy if we don't keep him past his rookie contract. I'm not opposed to a CB either if we lose Gilmore. Yet I have a feeling a QB may fall to us and that could change everything.

mdcas22
01-02-2017, 09:22 AM
https://walterfootball.com/college/LSU_logo.gif Ethan Pocic, C/G, LSU
Height: 6-7. Weight: 309.
Projected 40 Time: 5.39.
Projected Round (2017): 1-3.
12/10/16: Pocic has played well overall in 2016. He is an athletic center who is well-balanced as a run blocker and pass protector. Pocic did a nice job of opening holes at the point of attack and was reliable with giving his quarterback time. Pocic isn't a bulldozing interior offensive linemen, but he fires to the second level to hit blocks while being effective on double teams. For the NFL, it would help Pocic to add more strength to create more movement in the ground game and hold up against bull rushers.

8/6/16: Pocic was very good in 2015. The second-year starter made an impact at the point of attack with well-rounded play in the ground game and reliability in pass protection. Pocic helped open a lot of holes for Leonard Fournette to have a massive 2015 season.

Pocic has natural athleticism and is excellent at hitting blocks on the second level. He does a quality job of sustaining his blocks and has strong technique with hand placement. While Pocic isn't a true bull as a run blocker, he is effective at opening holes in the ground game.

In pass protection, Pocic has been very reliable. He is good at hitting double teams on tackles and also is smart in his positioning. He also has the athleticism and quickness to help handle interior speed rushers. Adding some strength to his base will help him against the heavy, powerful 3-4 nose tackles who are in the NFL. Pocic has an interesting body type for the next level. He is taller than most teams like to have at center, but that is if his listed height is accurate, and more often than not, schools exaggerate the height and weight of players.

<center style="box-sizing: border-box;"><center style="box-sizing: border-box;">
</center></center>

feldspar
01-02-2017, 11:05 AM
It's like the Sears & Roebuck Christmas catalogs of yore...the dreams, the hopes...

...the bra and panties ads...

The Jokeman
01-02-2017, 11:09 AM
https://walterfootball.com/college/LSU_logo.gif Ethan Pocic, C/G, LSU
Height: 6-7. Weight: 309.
Projected 40 Time: 5.39.
Projected Round (2017): 1-3.
12/10/16: Pocic has played well overall in 2016. He is an athletic center who is well-balanced as a run blocker and pass protector. Pocic did a nice job of opening holes at the point of attack and was reliable with giving his quarterback time. Pocic isn't a bulldozing interior offensive linemen, but he fires to the second level to hit blocks while being effective on double teams. For the NFL, it would help Pocic to add more strength to create more movement in the ground game and hold up against bull rushers.

8/6/16: Pocic was very good in 2015. The second-year starter made an impact at the point of attack with well-rounded play in the ground game and reliability in pass protection. Pocic helped open a lot of holes for Leonard Fournette to have a massive 2015 season.

Pocic has natural athleticism and is excellent at hitting blocks on the second level. He does a quality job of sustaining his blocks and has strong technique with hand placement. While Pocic isn't a true bull as a run blocker, he is effective at opening holes in the ground game.

In pass protection, Pocic has been very reliable. He is good at hitting double teams on tackles and also is smart in his positioning. He also has the athleticism and quickness to help handle interior speed rushers. Adding some strength to his base will help him against the heavy, powerful 3-4 nose tackles who are in the NFL. Pocic has an interesting body type for the next level. He is taller than most teams like to have at center, but that is if his listed height is accurate, and more often than not, schools exaggerate the height and weight of players.

<center style="box-sizing: border-box;"><center style="box-sizing: border-box;">
</center></center>

As eluded if he is 6-7 he is a tad too tall to be a center and possibly guard, I know he's been as a possible RT candidate but then have to question if he has the feet, not in the 1st Round but maybe later.

cookie G
01-02-2017, 11:40 AM

A DB from Clemson!!!!

We can kill 2 of the continuous drafting mistakes in one stone!!

The Jokeman
01-02-2017, 11:52 AM
A DB from Clemson!!!!

We can kill 2 of the continuous drafting mistakes in one stone!!

Cordrea Tankersley is his name and definitely be a reach at pick 10 to make it a perfect fit [/sarcasm].

kingJofNYC
01-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Hooker going pro.

Ed
01-02-2017, 03:51 PM
Hooker going pro.
Great news. I'd be happy with Hooker, Adams, or Peppers. It's hard to imagine three safeties going in the top 9, so I think there's a decent chance one of those guys is a Bill next year.

The Beef
01-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Pepper ins Round 1, Desmond King in Round 2.

Two Day 1 starters in the secondary. 2 skilled return men, and willing tackles.

Go on and win free agency and throw a boatload of money at Eric Berry (the money earmarked for Gilmore).

Mr. Pink
01-02-2017, 04:22 PM

Cody Kessler didn't play poorly, not that he was great either but 8 starts 65.6% 1380 yards 6 TD 2 INT. He's no long term solution however.

DraftBoy
01-03-2017, 08:07 AM
Hooker has already said he's heading back. That could change but I doubt it.

I was dead wrong here.

Mr. Pink
01-03-2017, 12:50 PM
I think the pick is either Marshon Lattimore or Marlon Humphrey.

Gonna replace Gilmore.

DesertFox24
01-03-2017, 02:22 PM
I do not want Peppers at all, the guy is an athlete but is not good in coverage. I also have seen him take plays off and not go hard after a tackle. I would rather the safety from LSU.

Jimkelly12203
01-03-2017, 02:27 PM
Does anyone really care? Seriously?

This. And the answer (for me) is NO!

Don't care who they hire at the end of this magical coaching search either.

The tumors will still be in the organization spreading cancer all over the place.

The whole thing needs to be nuked and started over with a strong, proven (emphasis on PROVEN) GM/President/Czar as the first and only hire made by the Pegulas. From there said strong, proven GM/President/Czar builds the thing his way.

Until that happens i don't give a damn who they draft or who they hire. It's irrelevant.

justasportsfan
01-03-2017, 02:36 PM
As eluded if he is 6-7 he is a tad too tall to be a center and possibly guard, I know he's been as a possible RT candidate but then have to question if he has the feet, not in the 1st Round but maybe later.

If we keep Tyrod we'll need 5'5" linemen. Hopefully they can chop block entire DL so Tyrod can see the middle of the field.

stuckincincy
01-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Bills will officially be picking #10 as of this evening so all of the mocks below will change, but it's not a bad idea to see who some of the mocks are seeing as options for the Bills.

Walter's Football: CB Marlon Humphrey - Alabama
Draft site:CB Sidney Jones - Washington
Pro Football Focus: RB Leonard Fournette - LSU
Drafttek: WR JuJu Schuster - USC
NJ.com: WR JuJu Schuster - USC
CBS: WR Mike Williams - Clemson
DraftWire: S Jamal Adams - LSU
SI.com: OT Cam Robinson - Alabama

Out of the seven mocks sampled the positions were WR (3), CB (2), RB (1), S (1), and OT (1). The most common pick was JuJu Schuster from USC.

Thanks for the compilation.

WR makes sense for them, what with Watkin's injury situations and the likelihood ofWwoods bolting in FA.

Mr. Pink
01-05-2017, 03:38 PM
Saw two mocks today that list the Bills taking DeShaun Watson.

MMQB SI has them taking Watson 10th overall and Walter Football has them taking him at 44th.

Both of these mocks have been updated in the last day.

DraftBoy
01-05-2017, 03:40 PM

MMQB SI has them taking Watson 10th overall and Walter Football has them taking him at 44th.

Watson at 44 I could live with, Watson at 10 I'd be upset about.

sudzy
01-05-2017, 03:54 PM

And Walter posted this

The Bills are running Tyrod Taylor out of town for some asinine reason. So, what are they going to do at quarterback? Start E.J. Manuel again so they can save more money? Go with Cardale Jones? Beg Doug Flutie to come back?

Ed
01-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Walterfootball.com has a mock draft database that they update daily. I think it includes a lot of mocks from random nobodies, so I wouldn't take them too seriously especially in January, but they're still fun to look at.

http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

scartown
01-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Hooker/Adams/Barnett

k-oneputt
01-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Watson is a typical Whaley qb pick.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if we take him at 10.

DesertFox24
01-05-2017, 06:41 PM
I do not want watson at all, he is Tim Tebow all over again. Good guy but terrible PRO player.

alohabillsfan
01-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Whaley's pick is the highest rated Clemson player or a player named Williams

Mad Max
01-13-2017, 10:14 PM
Watson, yikes I just shuddered because that would be a prototypical Whaley move.

Just say no. He's an upper middle class man's Tyrod.

stuckincincy
01-13-2017, 10:35 PM
Watson, yikes I just shuddered because that would be a prototypical Whaley move.

Just say no. He's an upper middle class man's Tyrod.

Not much out there in this year's draft, tho'.

Ed
01-13-2017, 10:58 PM
Whaley's pick is the highest rated Clemson player or a player named Williams
Good thing the highest rated Clemson player is also a Williams.

YardRat
01-16-2017, 03:48 PM
Lol...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-mock-draft-cowboys-give-dak-a-deep-threat-in-speedster-john-ross/

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nfl/logos/40x40/BUF.png10. Buffalo Bills (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/BUF/buffalo-bills) Mike Williams, WR, Clemson: No team was more dependent on running the football in 2016 than the Bills, which led the NFL with 164.4 yards per game on the ground but ranked 30th in passing with just 189.8 yards through the air. With no less than five receivers currently slated for free agency, the Bills will likely be looking for replacements and could see reuniting the 6-3, 225-pound Williams with his former Clemson teammate Sammy Watkins (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1850743/sammy-watkins) as the perfect solution.

QB's Trubisky to San Fran at #2, Watson to NYJets at #6.
Safeties Jamal Adams to Tennessee at #5, Malik Hooker to LA Chargers at #7.
Two RBs in the Top 8.
The best CB (Tabor), LB (Foster) and OT (Robinson) left on the board for other teams.