• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

RE: Kyle Williams

So big Kyle, said he'd retire if we're blowing things up and starting over.

This reminds me of Schobel. It took 'till we traded for Hughes and signed Mario Williams to replace good old Aaron. With Darius basically struggling to lift his wallet, I can't imagine how many years we'll need to search for someone to replace Kyle.

Strap in, 20y without playoffs is looking like a reality. (listen, Kyle is not going to get us to the playoffs, but his loss in the locker room and on the dline will be felt for a while.)

So without blowing up the whole thing, let talk about how to fix this mess.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • Swiper
    • Sep 2010

Re: Kyle Williams

Kyle Williams has been one of the most under-rated players of all time. Will be sad to see him go.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Kyle Williams has been a warrior on the field, and a great teammate in the locker room. But after 17 years of abject failure, we have to blow it up, meaning: Fire Whaley, hire a real GM, make sure Brandon has nothing to do with the football side, and begin a total roster rebuild, starting at QB. I think Lynn will be a really good head coach.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• sudzy
        • Apr 2013

Great, We are losing the hard working all around great guy Kyle Williams and keeping the lazy, overpaid, overfed, pot smoking, POS Marcell Dareus.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
          So big Kyle, said he'd retire if we're blowing things up and starting over.

This reminds me of Schobel. It took 'till we traded for Hughes and signed Mario Williams to replace good old Aaron. With Darius basically struggling to lift his wallet, I can't imagine how many years we'll need to search for someone to replace Kyle.

Strap in, 20y without playoffs is looking like a reality. (listen, Kyle is not going to get us to the playoffs, but his loss in the locker room and on the dline will be felt for a while.)

So without blowing up the whole thing, let talk about how to fix this mess.
          I'd put Schobel and Williams in the same category both were very good players but not great/elite. Similar to the Talleys of the early 90s squads but we haven't seen a Bruce, Thurman or Kelly level player on the roster in a long time unless want to count Mario in his first two seasons.

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Earned every penny he made here... every. single. one.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Hire a head coach that cares more about winning football games than making commercials, going to hockey games, going to watch his kid's team play college football, and padding his buddies wallets with the owner's money.

Bring in good coordinators with experience and some level of success that don't run schemes from 5, 10, 40 years ago. Let them bring their position coaches with them.

Remove Brandon from everything that has to do with the game.

Let Taylor hit FA and sign him to a deal that is more representative of his ability and performance. If that can't be done, sign a vet FA or try to pull off a team-friendly trade that doesn't rape us of draft choices. Draft a QB, regardless of the vet situation.

Get a safety. Get an OT. Re-sign some depth players of our own that are hitting FA, fill the holes with other 2/3 level FA's.

Avoid drafting players with injury histories and/or injury question marks.

Playoffs.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

I would not blame Kyle for walking away from this mess.

Not an easy fix for the Bills. Tyrod is probably the best available veteran QB this off season, so losing him, limited as he may be, probably positions the team well for a high pick in the 2018 draft.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

The best bill since the Kelly era. Hes gives his 100%. Awesome leader and teammate. If therr is anyone worthy of the next bills WOF , Kyle is it.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                    The best bill since the Kelly era. Hes gives his 100%. Awesome leader and teammate. If therr is anyone worthy of the next bills WOF , Kyle is it.

Id put Freddy as exhibit 1b with Kyle.
                    I came.
                    I saw.
                    I conquered.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

We have too much talent to blow it up. A top tier safety, a CB that isn't afraid to tackle a RB, and investment in the O-line to keep Tyrod clean and we win 3 more games. We wasted a good year from Shady with our inability to overcome a slow start with a weak passing game and a pathetic run defense. As frustrating as it was to watch Tyrod ignore wide open receivers, he can run an effective offense if we win more often at the LOS.
                      Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 01-02-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

This whole thing has to be blown up if you're not somehow bringing in Romo, Cousins or even Cutler. By bringing any of those guys in you're giving yourself a window to be good enough to make the playoffs. Romo or Cutler is likely only a 2 year window and if you can build around Cousins maybe it's 5.

If you're bringing back Tyrod or planning on starting a cheaper mediocre QB to replace him, this team will still go around 7-9 and spin their wheels like they've been doing for the major of this century.

The problem is the people in charge are staying the same, those people think this team is close, so they'll go with option 2 I listed and in 3 years we can have this same exact discussion.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

I feel bad for Kyle wasting his career here. On a better team, he'd have have have gained way more honor and attention.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                            This whole thing has to be blown up if you're not somehow bringing in Romo, Cousins or even Cutler. By bringing any of those guys in you're giving yourself a window to be good enough to make the playoffs. Romo or Cutler is likely only a 2 year window and if you can build around Cousins maybe it's 5.

If you're bringing back Tyrod or planning on starting a cheaper mediocre QB to replace him, this team will still go around 7-9 and spin their wheels like they've been doing for the major of this century.

The problem is the people in charge are staying the same, those people think this team is close, so they'll go with option 2 I listed and in 3 years we can have this same exact discussion.
                            Are you assuming the offense changes completely or are you thinking to plug Romo, Cutler, or Cousins into a read option passing game ?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              Are you assuming the offense changes completely or are you thinking to plug Romo, Cutler, or Cousins into a read option passing game ?
                              I would assume the offense would be changed to be tailored to their games.

Although Cousins can run a variation of the read option offense as he showed when he had to go in for RGIII his rookie year.

Comment

Working...
                              X