X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

If i could go back in time...

I would have drafted Roy Williams instead of Mike Williams.

we could have easily found a RT, which is where he will stay apparently..

Roy Williams will be a probowl stud FS in Dallas for years to come.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • JefftheBillsfan
    • Jul 2002

Admitably, I agree. I think Roy is would actually be a better SS and is playing at that high level out of position. I think Mike will be a special RT anyways. I'm not all that disapointed.
    Its all about the quest.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
      • Jun 2003

I don't get it Tatonka, I thought M. Williams was a stud for you guys? Why would you want to change?

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

because stud safeties are harder to find than RTs.. imho.

we could have easily got someone like kile turley this offseason, and i would be just as happy.. i am not UNHAPPY with MW.. i just think that we paid alot of money for a RT at number 4. it would be different if he were a dominant LT.. but a dominant RT at number 4 making all that money..

for my money, i would rather have roy williams..
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

Big mike will anchor our line for the next decade, and will prolly start a run on pro bowls this year that i expect to go a long way. if we didnt have big mike last year, i dont think henrys production would have been nearly as good. and Turley is getting about the same money as Big mike, but big mike dosent come with all the locker room problems.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
            because stud safeties are harder to find than RTs.. imho.

we could have easily got someone like kile turley this offseason, and i would be just as happy.. i am not UNHAPPY with MW.. i just think that we paid alot of money for a RT at number 4. it would be different if he were a dominant LT.. but a dominant RT at number 4 making all that money..

for my money, i would rather have roy williams..
            I agree, for a RT the 4th pick is a lot of money..in that sense I understand.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

MW may be a pro bowl RT..

Roy Williams looks like he could be one of the best safeties ever.. and that is just after his rookie year.. i just love the guy.. and safety is so hard to find a TRUE player at.

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

Lets not put the kid in the HOF after 1 season. I just love the OL, you can never have enough stud linemen, they are involved in the play on EVER SNAP where as a safty may only make 4 or 5 plays a game at best.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  MW may be a pro bowl RT..

Roy Williams looks like he could be one of the best safeties ever.. and that is just after his rookie year.. i just love the guy.. and safety is so hard to find a TRUE player at.
                  I have to say I was impressed with him also, but he was a man amoung boys in College, I wasn't sure how he would do in the NFL, but I thought he could make a impact and he delivered..Much better than I thought. I hope Parcells new ways don't take away from his aggressiveness. But I think he will continue to flourish if he doesn't get hurt... If he continues in this path, I could see him in the pro bowl this year, and the Hall 5 years after he retires.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

i'm glad that we have mike.i'll take an OL over the secondary anyday.you can never have enough OL.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

Ed Reed is better IMO.
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

If MW plays RT his entire career then Tatonka may be right.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

I agree with Tatonka. I assumed, as did many, that MW would be our left tackle, which would have better justified his selection over RW.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

ed reed is solid, no doubt, but roy williams was great last year.. on a bad defense. ed reed was good on a good defense. i would take roy williams over reed 8 times a week, and twice on sundays. but either would be great.. i just have no confidence in our FS spot... but if we had wini, clements, williams, and wire... good god.. sick.

and mike is being paid 60 mill to do a job we could have gotten done at close to the same level for 20 mill.

if he moves to LT, and we can keep JJ when his contract expires, at RT then i wont complain..

but i dont see JJ wanting to lose his left tackle pay day coming up soon.. and i MW has to be the highest paid RT in the league, correct?...

it is kinda like paying a average-good Center top 10 Center money w/ trey teague.

Comment

• SamAdamsFan
                              • Jun 2003

I agree, I hope Mike Williams moves to the left. I guess unfortunately it doesn't look like it this year, but maybe by next year. He will be worth much more to us there. I've heard that he played Right Tackle in college only because the quarterback was left handed, so Mike protected his blindside, not because he wasn't capable of playing Left Tackle. I hope he gets converted. Either way though, at least he does a lot for the running game on either side.
                              "'I get to come off the pill (the football) and destroy everything I touch,' Adams said Monday, a day after agreeing to a four-year contract. 'That's what I've got to do, come off the pill, seek and destroy. The last time I checked, I hadn't seen many guys who can do it better. In fact, I haven't seen any.' He has a point." - The Buffalo News

Comment

Working...
                              X