PDA

View Full Version : If i could go back in time...

Tatonka
07-28-2003, 11:43 PM
I would have drafted Roy Williams instead of Mike Williams.

we could have easily found a RT, which is where he will stay apparently..

Roy Williams will be a probowl stud FS in Dallas for years to come.:gossip:

JefftheBillsfan
07-28-2003, 11:47 PM
Admitably, I agree. I think Roy is would actually be a better SS and is playing at that high level out of position. I think Mike will be a special RT anyways. I'm not all that disapointed.

MDFINFAN
07-28-2003, 11:47 PM
I don't get it Tatonka, I thought M. Williams was a stud for you guys? Why would you want to change?

Tatonka
07-28-2003, 11:54 PM
because stud safeties are harder to find than RTs.. imho.

we could have easily got someone like kile turley this offseason, and i would be just as happy.. i am not UNHAPPY with MW.. i just think that we paid alot of money for a RT at number 4. it would be different if he were a dominant LT.. but a dominant RT at number 4 making all that money..

for my money, i would rather have roy williams..

venis2k1
07-29-2003, 12:00 AM
Big mike will anchor our line for the next decade, and will prolly start a run on pro bowls this year that i expect to go a long way. if we didnt have big mike last year, i dont think henrys production would have been nearly as good. and Turley is getting about the same money as Big mike, but big mike dosent come with all the locker room problems.

MDFINFAN
07-29-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
because stud safeties are harder to find than RTs.. imho.

we could have easily got someone like kile turley this offseason, and i would be just as happy.. i am not UNHAPPY with MW.. i just think that we paid alot of money for a RT at number 4. it would be different if he were a dominant LT.. but a dominant RT at number 4 making all that money..

for my money, i would rather have roy williams..

I agree, for a RT the 4th pick is a lot of money..in that sense I understand.

Tatonka
07-29-2003, 12:19 AM
MW may be a pro bowl RT..

Roy Williams looks like he could be one of the best safeties ever.. and that is just after his rookie year.. i just love the guy.. and safety is so hard to find a TRUE player at.

venis2k1
07-29-2003, 12:24 AM
Lets not put the kid in the HOF after 1 season. I just love the OL, you can never have enough stud linemen, they are involved in the play on EVER SNAP where as a safty may only make 4 or 5 plays a game at best.

MDFINFAN
07-29-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
MW may be a pro bowl RT..

Roy Williams looks like he could be one of the best safeties ever.. and that is just after his rookie year.. i just love the guy.. and safety is so hard to find a TRUE player at.

I have to say I was impressed with him also, but he was a man amoung boys in College, I wasn't sure how he would do in the NFL, but I thought he could make a impact and he delivered..Much better than I thought. I hope Parcells new ways don't take away from his aggressiveness. But I think he will continue to flourish if he doesn't get hurt... If he continues in this path, I could see him in the pro bowl this year, and the Hall 5 years after he retires.

SABURZFAN
07-29-2003, 01:30 AM
i'm glad that we have mike.i'll take an OL over the secondary anyday.you can never have enough OL.

ublinkwescore
07-29-2003, 06:52 AM
Ed Reed is better IMO.

Ebenezer
07-29-2003, 06:56 AM
If MW plays RT his entire career then Tatonka may be right.

Jan Reimers
07-29-2003, 07:01 AM
I agree with Tatonka. I assumed, as did many, that MW would be our left tackle, which would have better justified his selection over RW.

Tatonka
07-29-2003, 07:09 AM
ed reed is solid, no doubt, but roy williams was great last year.. on a bad defense. ed reed was good on a good defense. i would take roy williams over reed 8 times a week, and twice on sundays. but either would be great.. i just have no confidence in our FS spot... but if we had wini, clements, williams, and wire... good god.. sick.

and mike is being paid 60 mill to do a job we could have gotten done at close to the same level for 20 mill.

if he moves to LT, and we can keep JJ when his contract expires, at RT then i wont complain..

but i dont see JJ wanting to lose his left tackle pay day coming up soon.. and i MW has to be the highest paid RT in the league, correct?...

it is kinda like paying a average-good Center top 10 Center money w/ trey teague.

SamAdamsFan
07-29-2003, 07:21 AM
I agree, I hope Mike Williams moves to the left. I guess unfortunately it doesn't look like it this year, but maybe by next year. He will be worth much more to us there. I've heard that he played Right Tackle in college only because the quarterback was left handed, so Mike protected his blindside, not because he wasn't capable of playing Left Tackle. I hope he gets converted. Either way though, at least he does a lot for the running game on either side.

eyedog
07-29-2003, 07:38 AM
You make a good point Tatonka about MW playing the right side. I was also under the impression that he would switch to the left side, but that doesn't look to be the case. At #4 that is a lot of money for a right sider. Maybe they should have taken Mckinnie as a true left tackle. I do think MW will be a Pro Bowl rt though, and thats not a bad thing either. I also like Roy Williams. The guy is a difference maker and will see many pro bowls himself, but with our o-line problems going into last year, picking a stud ol was a must imo.