PDA

View Full Version : 2 o'clock presser

YardRat
01-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Anybody know if there will be any TV coverage?

Dr. Lecter
01-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Check out MSG - they carry the WGR afternoon shows so it might be there.

If it's not on TV I blame Rex!!! :D:

HHURRICANE
01-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Truthfully, I hope Whaley gets roasted.

And for the record I want nothing to do with Lynn.

YardRat
01-02-2017, 12:57 PM

It's Wrecks. W-r-e-c-k-s. Get with the program.

Historian
01-02-2017, 01:09 PM
...and Wrob?

djjimkelly
01-02-2017, 01:11 PM
whaley claims he was not present for the rex firing

sudzy
01-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Still no answers about Rex "I wasn't present for that conversation."

djjimkelly
01-02-2017, 01:18 PM
its an open search whaleys response for the coaching search

which translates to me anyway..........

next years coach is not in the building

sudzy
01-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Wish I could see the video. Is his nose growing, cause, he's lying his ass off

YardRat
01-02-2017, 01:22 PM
He's hanging the firing directly on Terry's shoulders.

He also seemed almost giddy clarifying that Brandon would not be involved at all this time.

Ginger Vitis
01-02-2017, 01:22 PM
No surprise very short dismissive edgy answers from Doug

Ginger Vitis
01-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Doug is implying he had nothing to do with rex firing... How can that be when he is the GM lol the media is grilling him on this

TacklingDummy
01-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Still no answers about Rex "I wasn't present for that conversation."

Run the team and not present? WTF.

sudzy
01-02-2017, 01:25 PM
My god, how good he is at answering NOTHING

Ginger Vitis
01-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Doug says he doesn't talk to the media during the season and the media gave 2 specific examples when he did talk to the media..lol

YardRat
01-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Dareus contract has language that he forfeits a portion of his guarantees for the games he misses.

sudzy
01-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Doug says he doesn't talk to the media during the season and the media gave 2 specific examples when he did talk to the media..lol

Caught in a lie. But, still won't tell the truth.

YardRat
01-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Wrecks recommended Lynn to be the interim.

- - - Updated - - -

Always trying to find the right QB, 'the guy we have on the roster now may be the right one'.

sudzy
01-02-2017, 01:30 PM
"What do you do Doug?" LOL

Ginger Vitis
01-02-2017, 01:30 PM
"I'm trying to figure out what you do for a living" lol who asked Doug that

YardRat
01-02-2017, 01:31 PM
The Pegula's will 'absolutely' have input on the next coaching hire.

- - - Updated - - -

"What do you do Doug?" LOL

"I'm trying to figure out what you do for a living" lol who asked Doug that

That was pretty funny.

YardRat
01-02-2017, 01:33 PM
HEY! Jerry Sullivan is looking at somebody else's notes. Kick him out for violating fan policy.

YardRat
01-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Carucci is really pressing him on the decision to fire Wrecks, and lack of a presser in light of the statement from ownership.

Dr. Lecter
01-02-2017, 01:36 PM
Carucci is great. He hammers him without being a dick

sudzy
01-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Has Doug answered any question yet?

Ginger Vitis
01-02-2017, 01:38 PM
The 2 easiest softball questions have both come from Coach Sal

ckg927
01-02-2017, 01:39 PM
HEY! Jerry Sullivan is looking at somebody else's notes. Kick him out for violating fan policy.

Buffalo may be a tire fire, but at least they haven't taken the Eagles route. Yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you mean Coach Softee?

sudzy
01-02-2017, 01:42 PM

Sal is trying to brown nose, to farther his career. Nothing new.

Turf
01-02-2017, 01:42 PM
So Whaley does nothing and knows nothing. Who's running the team? Oh yea...

Mr. Pink
01-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Sal is a shill who has no objectivity. He was the same when he was posting here.

sudzy
01-02-2017, 01:46 PM
He's the head of football operations, but, he's not involved in most of the football decisions? WTF?

Ginger Vitis
Whaley just asked if he agreed with rex being fired " I haven't thought about it " lol

ckg927
So Whaley does nothing and knows nothing. Who's running the team? Oh yea...
Well, we know it's not Sgt. Schultz.....:D

YardRat
Almost 45 minutes.

kingJofNYC
01-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Whaley really says nothing, you get more out of Belichick than you do Whaley. He's not slick or smooth talker.

Wish he would just say I wanted nothing to do with Rex, it was never my call, and that's why I'm standing here with another shot at getting it right, because honestly that's what it looks like right now.

Jaybird
01-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Whaley played politician... of course he knew about Rex getting chopped. He and ownership just of had previous conversations about letting him go at the end of the season. Sounds like Rex asked Terry the question, and did him the favor of cutting his fat ass early

Turf
01-02-2017, 01:49 PM
Whaley just asked if he agreed with rex being fired " I haven't thought about it " lol

Unreal listening to this ****. No wonder this team is such a mess. The organization is a mess, and it's Pegula's fault 100%. We have a powerless GM that literally claims he doesn't contemplate the defense, why the coach should be replaced or even if so mid season? I mean this is the biggest joke in the world. WOW.

Historian
01-02-2017, 01:50 PM
He's a condescending douchebag.

He may be worse than Brandon....

Ginger Vitis
Once a decision is made DOug Whaley doesn't give it anymore thought... He doesn't have time to so he moves on to the next thing lol

Albany,n.y.

MSG in Albany doesn't carry the Bills stuff except for the Rex Ryan show which has been cancelled. It must be localized for WNY.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-02-2017, 01:51 PM
He's a condescending douchebag.

He may be worse than Brandon....

No no one is worse than the architect of this whole abysmal situation and organization

Mr. Pink
01-02-2017, 01:51 PM
How does Whaley even have a job after that?

He apparently doesn't do anything and has no thoughts on anything.

I don't get it.

ckg927
01-02-2017, 01:52 PM
The News' Bills beat writers are ripping this ****storm to shreds on Twitter:

-Jay Skurski: "I need to pour a stiff drink and try to think about what I just heard. Good Lord."

-Tim Graham: "It was not encouraging if you're a Bills fan, IMO."

Historian
And if its Pegula (the male one) pulling the strings on some of this stuff, it tells me he's no better than Ralph.

kscdogbillsfan1221
I didn't watch or listen but just read all your comments and I can honestly say I'm not surprised he said absolutely nothing.

ckg927
01-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Has Doug answered any question yet?

"Is this a trick question?" -Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

WagonCircler
01-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Once a decision is made DOug Whaley doesn't give it anymore thought...

There's a certain symmetry to that. He doesn't really give decisions any thought beforehand either.

Ginger Vitis
And if its Pegula (the male one) pulling the strings on some of this stuff, it tells me he's no better than Ralph.

+1

kingJofNYC
The Pegulas are ****ing terrible, end of story. This was so ****ing bad.

The committee **** with the Rex hire was dumb to even bring up, makes it sound like Whaley was never in on Rex, but when pressed he back off. Whaley didn't want to answer anything, talk about anything, or give specifics. Terry's a joke, he should ****ing show his face and answer the questions if his yes boy won't. Jesus christ that was pathetic, Whaley apparently works in a ****ing broom closet and has no idea what's going on around him, this scenario actually makes sense, would explain the dysfunction.

ckg927
01-02-2017, 01:56 PM
How does Whaley even have a job after that?

He apparently doesn't do anything and has no thoughts on anything.

I don't get it.
Apparently, he has something unsavory on someone...somewhere...and is using it as a sword of Damocles; basically, saying "If I'm going down, I'm taking everyone else with me." (I may be joking...I think.)

YardRat
01-02-2017, 01:57 PM
It's tough being grilled by the media, striking a balance between 'team' and 'me', especially when being asked questions that are obviously trying to determine where the lines are drawn. Most especially if you personally aren't/weren't 100% 'in' on the decisions and/or process.

I don't believe for a second that there weren't at least rumblings and casual conversations regarding Wrecks' status prior to last Monday/Tuesday.

WagonCircler
01-02-2017, 01:57 PM

I spent two years in denial about this. But clearly it's the grim, awful truth.

He's Ralph, but more willing to spend foolishly.

Mr. Pink
01-02-2017, 01:58 PM

Apparently we got Daniel Snyder as owner!

YaY!

kingJofNYC
01-02-2017, 02:02 PM
It's tough being grilled by the media, striking a balance between 'team' and 'me', especially when being asked questions that are obviously trying to determine where the lines are drawn. Most especially if you personally aren't/weren't 100% 'in' on the decisions and/or process.

I don't believe for a second that there weren't at least rumblings and casual conversations regarding Wrecks' status prior to last Monday/Tuesday.

Right, he has to be diplomatic, but he went overboard, made it sound like it happened out of the blue. Ridiculous.

Historian
01-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Sort of reminded me of:

"Yes, Captain, I was given an order by my squad leader... Lance Corporal Harold W. Dawson, United States Marine Corps... and I followed it!" http://bp1.blogger.com/_WkKZJVG5wTk/R-X37VLt_eI/AAAAAAAA7Vg/3-TzPaVtkc0/s400/A_Few_Good_Men-20.jpg

HHURRICANE
01-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Remember when I warned you guys about Kim Pegula? I was accused of being a chauvinist? There is a big difference between woman who work and woman who marry money. Her hands are all over this mess. A GM that can't give an opinion on the hiring or firing of a coach? That's insane. You know why? Because the GM is Kim Pegula. She was a nightmare for every coach teaching her daughter tennis so I expect nothing less here.

cookie G
01-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Behind the Scenes in an Alternate Universe

Doug: I don't wanna hear about no mf'n ifs. All I wanna hear from your ass is, You ain't got no problem, Doug. I'm on the mf'er. Go back in there, chill them reporters out and wait for the cavalry which should be coming directly.

Terry: You ain't got no problem, Doug. I'm on the mf'er. Go back in there, chill them reporters out and wait for the (Ron) Wolf who should be coming directly.

Dr. Lecter
01-02-2017, 02:13 PM
Remember when I warned you guys about Kim Pegula? I was accused of being a chauvinist? There is a big difference between woman who work and woman who marry money. Her hands are all over this mess. A GM that can't give an opinion on the hiring or firing of a coach? That's insane. You know why? Because the GM is Kim Pegula. She was a nightmare for every coach teaching her daughter tennis so I expect nothing less here.
How did she become part of this?

And read her back story and tell her she never worked.

YardRat
01-02-2017, 02:16 PM

Whaley was pretty specific at times referring to Terry...occasionally 'the Pegulas'. I don't think he mentioned Kim's name once during the entire presser.

sudzy
01-02-2017, 02:18 PM
Whaley was pretty specific at times referring to Terry...occasionally 'the Pegulas'. I don't think he mentioned Kim's name once during the entire presser.

What a gentleman? Of course he wouldn't throw sweet Kimmy under the bus. She's the main reason he still has a job and he knows it.

HHURRICANE
01-02-2017, 02:21 PM
How did she become part of this?

And read her back story and tell her she never worked.

She met Terry as a waitress and he gave her a job. That's one. Two she is calling shots behind the scenes.

Mr. Pink
01-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Hey Doug!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/StIcRH_e6zQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ginger Vitis
01-02-2017, 02:26 PM
This is splitting hairs but the way I read it Kim was applying for a job as a waitress at a diner and filling out a application and Terry picked her up under the guise of helping her fill it out

Mace
01-02-2017, 02:30 PM

Doug: I don't wanna hear about no mf'n ifs. All I wanna hear from your ass is, You ain't got no problem, Doug. I'm on the mf'er. Go back in there, chill them reporters out and wait for the cavalry which should be coming directly.

Terry: You ain't got no problem, Doug. I'm on the mf'er. Go back in there, chill them reporters out and wait for the (Ron) Wolf who should be coming directly.

Great stuff....

HHURRICANE
01-02-2017, 02:31 PM
This is splitting hairs but the way I read it Kim was applying for a job as a waitress at a diner and filling out a application and Terry picked her up under the guise of helping her fill it out

She was a cheerleader so she does have football credentials.

WagonCircler
01-02-2017, 02:36 PM

Ohhhh, you sendin' the Wolf?

Historian
01-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Three times he was asked, "If you're this close...why fire the Coach?"

He avoided it three times.

YardRat
01-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Three times he was asked, "If you're this close...why fire the Coach?"

He avoided it three times.

I could have answered that one. "We were closer last year, and even closer the year before. We weren't getting better, we were getting worse".

That being said, if he truly had no say in the matter and the Pegs pulled the trigger on their own, it isn't his question to answer.

cookie G
01-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Ohhhh, you sendin' the Wolf?

If only.

To state the obvious, there's a reason people in the FO wouldn't want a Ron Wolf, or anyone like him, within 50 miles of OBD.

It would be like watching the Von Trapp children leave.

So long, farewell,
auf wiedersehen,
good night.

Historian
01-02-2017, 03:12 PM
Same with this Wolf!

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Mc4d6d53ed9c9f43853a1e9f1cd3285aao2&pid=15.1&P=0&w=238&h=163

DraftBoy
01-02-2017, 04:18 PM

No better? If what was said is true about organizational structure then he is 100x worse. The way Whaley described the team is something you'd expect from a Daniel Snyder owned team. The Pegula's are a massive, if not the biggest, part of the problem with how the franchise has gone down since they have taken over.

TacklingDummy
01-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Turned the Sabres into a laughing stock, now it's the Bills turn.

DraftBoy
01-02-2017, 04:27 PM
The one answer I found interesting, and possibly the most truthful, was that Whaley was willing to give up control of the 53 man roster. I don't know if that was foreshadowing or him just putting that out there.

A close second was him admitting he made a mistake on EJ. It's a little late, but rare that you get a GM to admit to making a mistake in a setting like that.

YardRat
01-02-2017, 04:37 PM
I would guess Whaley's reference to Wrecks asking to speak privately with Terry during their weekly conference call lends some credence to the report that Wryan asked to be let go sooner rather than later so he could go watch Clemson play.

Mace
01-02-2017, 04:42 PM
I would guess Whaley's reference to Wrecks asking to speak privately with Terry during their weekly conference call lends some credence to the report that Wryan asked to be let go sooner rather than later so he could go watch Clemson play.

Well, the other thing I read is that Ryan wanted to be let go earlier if he couldn't use Taylor in the game.

Mace
01-02-2017, 04:43 PM
The one answer I found interesting, and possibly the most truthful, was that Whaley was willing to give up control of the 53 man roster. I don't know if that was foreshadowing or him just putting that out there.

A close second was him admitting he made a mistake on EJ. It's a little late, but rare that you get a GM to admit to making a mistake in a setting like that.

Whaley is the cardboard cutout of a GM, so pliable he'll go along with anything for the sake of going along with it. A book with blank pages.

sudzy
01-02-2017, 05:31 PM
A photo front today's press conference

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/58284552.jpg

Strongman
01-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Just great... Our GM is basically an eunuch