X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Well, wasn't that "Special"

Now we know why both teams are so messed up. We have an owner with no professional sports experience with 100% empowerment running both teams with everyone else being a pawn. We have a GM that doesn't do a GM's job. Anyone that listened to that press conference has to still be shaking their heads.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Well, wasn't that "Special"

Now I'm curious how much Tim Murray actually does with the Sabres after hearing from Doug.

It would make sense if it's more of the same, since both teams suck equally.

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

The Pegula's have not only no respect for the fans opinions, they don't even care for their own staffs opinions. Now I know why both teams are equally bad.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• WagonCircler
        Escaped Convict
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf View Post
        The Pegula's have not only no respect for the fans opinions, they don't even care for their own staffs opinions. Now I know why both teams are equally bad.
        Could be.

Could also be that Whaley is lying through his teeth in order to cover his own ass.

That seems a lot more plausible.

The fact that he can say, with a straight face, that he didn't even give a thought to Rex's firing tells me all I need to know about his credibility.

Comment

• Turf
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
          Could be.

Could also be that Whaley is lying through his teeth in order to cover his own ass.

That seems a lot more plausible.

The fact that he can say, with a straight face, that he didn't even give a thought to Rex's firing tells me all I need to know about his credibility.
          If that's true ( and it very well could be), then the Pegula's should fire him for hanging them out to dry, lying, and shaming the organization.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf View Post
            If that's true ( and it very well could be), then the Pegula's should fire him for hanging them out to dry, lying, and shaming the organization.
            I don't think they care. I think Terry is a multi-billionaire who figures that the $1.5 BIL he paid to keep the team here bought him infinite cover from criticism.

On a side note, I refuse to use the term "Pegulas". I don't care what they say. Terry drilled the wells, Terry wrote the check. He's the owner. Had his wife never met him, she would still be working at a diner.

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

I'd still say Pegulas have a voice in their ear, and we just know who it isn't. Speculation leads to the obvious.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

This thread is like witnessing a car fly off a cliff. You guys need to settle down... nothing that got said today was going to do anything but rile the masses, no matter what was said. That's where everyone is now. To be honest, a GM saying that the owner (who sunk a billion dollars into the team) is going to hang on to final say is about as surprising as a trip to Walmart yielding new understandings of the creative "culture" of America.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                  I don't think they care. I think Terry is a multi-billionaire who figures that the $1.5 BIL he paid to keep the team here bought him infinite cover from criticism.

On a side note, I refuse to use the term "Pegulas". I don't care what they say. Terry drilled the wells, Terry wrote the check. He's the owner. Had his wife never met him, she would still be working at a diner.
                  I have a talented women as a business partner. She earned it. My ex-wife sat around telling everyone how she helped me with my business when she did nothing. I agree 1000% with above.

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
                    This thread is like witnessing a car fly off a cliff. You guys need to settle down... nothing that got said today was going to do anything but rile the masses, no matter what was said. That's where everyone is now.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

This thread is like witnessing a car fly off a cliff. You guys need to settle down... nothing that got said today was going to do anything but rile the masses, no matter what was said. That's where everyone is now. To be honest, a GM saying that the owner (who sunk a billion dollars into the team) is going to hang on to final say is about as surprising as a trip to Walmart yielding new understandings of the creative "culture" of America.
                      The owner having final approval is not an issue. The GM not being consulted or having an opinion on the status of the head coach is insane. Don't look to the fans here but read the national media to see how really bad this press conference was. And what was the point?!???

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                        • Jun 2015

It's a mickey mouse organization from top to bottom. A complete joke. The future is not bright.
                        All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• Mace
                          • Mar 2013

I have a feeling you either didn't listen to it or read the summaries ?

The press conference painted a picture of a dysfunctional organization with an incurious, out of touch "GM" who doesn't appear to care about being in touch until someone tells him he should.

I always thought Whaley was low energy and apathetic, well that's basically the mindset he presented.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                            The owner having final approval is not an issue. The GM not being consulted or having an opinion on the status of the head coach is insane. Don't look to the fans here but read the national media to see how really bad this press conference was. And what was the point?!???
                            Originally posted by Mace View Post
                            I have a feeling you either didn't listen to it or read the summaries ?

The press conference painted a picture of a dysfunctional organization with an incurious, out of touch "GM" who doesn't appear to care about being in touch until someone tells him he should.

I always thought Whaley was low energy and apathetic, well that's basically the mindset he presented.
                            I've never seen the media so squarely critical of a team that until 10 days ago was still in the playoff hunt. It's as though they've tapped into the local fan negativity and run amok with it. We will see… Something tells me that all this will be proven as grossly overstated in the end.

Comment

• Mace
                              • Mar 2013

I've never seen the media so squarely critical of a team that until 10 days ago was still in the playoff hunt. It's as though they've tapped into the local fan negativity and run amok with it. We will see… Something tells me that all this will be proven as grossly overstated in the end.
                              So you didn't actually watch or read about it.

You're responding to a response when you don't know what it's responding to.
                              Last edited by Mace; 01-02-2017, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X