01-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Informal poll of 7 NFL execs ranking current open jobs:

1. Broncos (unanimous)
2. Jaguars
3. Chargers
4. Rams
5. 49ers
6. Bills

Sobering to see the Jags ranked at #2. Even with new ownership in place this franchise continues to be worst-in-class.

Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/JasonColeBR/status/816052750144471041

Mace
01-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Sadly sounds about right. The 49'ers are a flaming mess but we've worked pretty hard to make ourselves look bad.

DraftBoy
01-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Sadly sounds about right. The 49'ers are a flaming mess but we've worked pretty hard to make ourselves look bad.

This.

Night Train
01-02-2017, 08:41 PM
http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/02/dumpster-fires-dysfunction-twitter-reactions-bills-gm-doug-whaleys-press-conference/

YardRat
01-02-2017, 09:21 PM
I'm still trying to decide if the Niners bringing in both new guys (GM and head coach) is an advantage or disadvantage. It's a plus if they have somebody specific targeted (like the Shanahans) but could be a minus if they don't have their **** together and have to prolong the process by holding off on a coaching hire until they get a GM in place.

DraftBoy
01-03-2017, 05:49 AM
I'm still trying to decide if the Niners bringing in both new guys (GM and head coach) is an advantage or disadvantage. It's a plus if they have somebody specific targeted (like the Shanahans) but could be a minus if they don't have their **** together and have to prolong the process by holding off on a coaching hire until they get a GM in place.

They wanted Chris Ballard out of KC, but he turned them down. Ballard is considered to be one of the top executive minds in the league. He was the guy who found Matt Forte, Charles Tillman, and Tommie Harris for Chicago. He also found Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, and Ramik Willson in Kansas City.

Personally I prefer a GM/HC search process because I think it shows a true commitment to cleaning house.

CoolBreeze
01-04-2017, 09:00 AM
So, we take this is as gospel? I called 8 NFL executives and they said something totally different. My unnamed sources are better.

sukie
01-04-2017, 09:49 AM
I feel the Niner's gig is worse than Buffalo. Awesome team destroyed and a coach given 1 year then the door. There is a lack of talent on that team.

Buffalo is #5 on my list.

Chargers have an aging QB situation and I would rent in San Diego. Rams... those 2 are a tie.

Victor7
01-04-2017, 10:58 AM
Ok ! We are "better" than the 49ers!!

Hurray !

Sarcasm off

Crisis
01-04-2017, 06:56 PM
Jed York is an absolute disaster of an owner. 3 coaches in 3 years including running Harbaugh out of town? At least the guys we run out of town are awful.

ICRockets
01-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Jed York is an absolute disaster of an owner. 3 coaches in 3 years including running Harbaugh out of town? At least the guys we run out of town are awful.

So are the ones we don't, unfortunately.

Kenny
01-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Denver being the most attractive is a no brainer. And the talent on the JAX team is crazy, if they ever get decent QB play, I expect them to shoot up like the Raiders did this year (not to mention how much leeway Gus Bradley got, which should give any new coach some confidence he has time to turn things around).

LA is debatable. No first rounder, and Goff looked terrible as a rookie. Overall talent on that team doesnt look too great either.

But I dont see how SF and SD are ahead of us. SF is a given. But SD has an aging QB, and is in a division with (now) 3 teams who are playoff contenders...

My rankings:
1. Denver
2. Jax
3./4. Buf / LA
5. SD (or wherever they end up moving to)
6. SF

Ingtar33
01-04-2017, 07:53 PM
I feel the Niner's gig is worse than Buffalo. Awesome team destroyed and a coach given 1 year then the door. There is a lack of talent on that team.

that's not quite what happened to the niners.

The GM went on a power trip, fired the top level head coach (jealousy?) a wave of retirements and a few years of bad drafting, plus a bumbling joke of a puppet to play coach for the ego tripping GM, and another wave of retirements and fa flights from the team, and ANOTHER bad year of drafting, and you get the niners.

and yes, I agree, the 49ers are a complete dumpster fire probably worse off then us.

Night Train
01-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Jason Cole is who again ?

Liked Lloyd Cole 20+ years back. My Bag and Perfect Skin were great songs.

Goobylal
01-04-2017, 08:53 PM
The only reason 2-5 are ranked higher is location. None of them have the talent the Bills do, and outside of Rivers, who is a turnover machine now, none have a good QB.

stuckincincy
01-06-2017, 09:36 PM
Denver being the most attractive is a no brainer. And the talent on the JAX team is crazy, if they ever get decent QB play, I expect them to shoot up like the Raiders did this year (not to mention how much leeway Gus Bradley got, which should give any new coach some confidence he has time to turn things around).

LA is debatable. No first rounder, and Goff looked terrible as a rookie. Overall talent on that team doesnt look too great either.

But I dont see how SF and SD are ahead of us. SF is a given. But SD has an aging QB, and is in a division with (now) 3 teams who are playoff contenders...

My rankings:
1. Denver
2. Jax
3./4. Buf / LA
5. SD (or wherever they end up moving to)
6. SF

I wonder how that move (or not) will affect SD's FO. That's a lot on the plate - less effort into a HC choice? Dunno...

Turf
01-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Coming to Buffalo is hard enough. With Pegula's wallet you would think it would make it easier. With the front office in place, it resembles going back to a time of narrow minded bliss.

BertSquirtgum
01-06-2017, 11:52 PM
Never heard of him.

BertSquirtgum
01-07-2017, 12:12 AM
I hope the Bills hire sean mcderrmot before anyone else can.

sudzy
01-07-2017, 05:42 AM
I hope the Bills hire sean mcderrmot before anyone else can.

But, the problem is, nobody will take the Bills job while they are still in the running for another job. IMO. The Denver job will be filled first, followed by LA, SD and Jax. Then the Bills will grab someone desperate. San Fran is looking for a GM and isn't really that much better of a job, so the Bills might hire on their HC before them.

DraftBoy
01-07-2017, 06:52 AM
But, the problem is, nobody will take the Bills job while they are still in the running for another job. IMO. The Denver job will be filled first, followed by LA, SD and Jax. Then the Bills will grab someone desperate. San Fran is looking for a GM and isn't really that much better of a job, so the Bills might hire on their HC before them.

Not necessarily, there is a lot of appeal to being the first hire because you get the best pick of assistants. Also as for the quality of the job a lot depends on how the team sells the job, what structure they set-up and so on.

For all the negatives of this team, the roster isn't too bad. You have a dynamic playmaker at RB, a potential really good WR, a good TE, a solid OL, a good DL, an average set of LB's, and probably only one DB that is worth building around. That's better than a lot of other open jobs based just on the roster.

The Bills issue is the FO/Ownership mess, but that can be sorted out if they are committed to reorganizing and redefining the power structure.

YardRat
01-07-2017, 01:24 PM
Has anybody announced that they are interviewing a candidate from the college ranks? I haven't seen any.

swiper
01-07-2017, 01:49 PM

Pegula is worse. At least York can recognize a **** show developing and isn't afraid to pull the plug on it. The 3 year cycle of trials in Buffalo is old.

Goobylal
01-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Pegula is worse. At least York can recognize a **** show developing and isn't afraid to pull the plug on it. The 3 year cycle of trials in Buffalo is old.

"Stupidity at it's finest."

Crisis
01-07-2017, 03:33 PM

If you think Pegula is worse than Jed York then you don't pay much attention to the 49ers.

sudzy
01-09-2017, 04:05 PM
OK. So we have the 2nd worst owner in the NFL. Now, I feel much better

YardRat
01-09-2017, 04:22 PM
1. Broncos
2. Jaguars ---Doug Marrone HC, Tom Coughlin VP of Football Operations (first filled)
3. Chargers
4. Rams
5. 49ers
6. Bills

Anthony Lynn interviewing in San Diego today per NFLN, Teryl Austin there tomorrow.

Goobylal
01-09-2017, 05:31 PM
OK. So we have the 2nd worst owner in the NFL. Now, I feel much better

According to morons, yes.

YardRat
01-11-2017, 05:14 PM
1. Broncos---Vance Joseph HC (second opening filled)
2. Jaguars ---Doug Marrone HC, Tom Coughlin VP of Football Operations (first filled)
3. Chargers
4. Rams
5. 49ers
6. Bills---Seam McDermott, HC (third filled)

YardRat
01-12-2017, 06:43 PM
McVay to LA Rams...Chargers and 49ers only opening now.

3. Chargers
4. Rams---Sean McVay HC (fourth filled)
5. 49ers
6. Bills---Sean McDermott, HC (third filled)

Mr. Pink
01-12-2017, 06:51 PM
Looks like Anthony Lynn will be the Chargers head coach...

http://sportsnaut.com/2017/01/report-chargers-name-anthony-lynn-head-coach/

YardRat
01-13-2017, 06:03 AM
3. Chargers---Anthony Lynn, HC (fifth filled)
4. Rams---Sean McVay HC (fourth filled)
5. 49ers
6. Bills---Sean McDermott, HC (third filled)

One hire with previous NFL head coaching experience. Two guys with one year or less experience as coordinator. One guy whose balls haven't even dropped yet. One guy (ours) with 6-plus years experience as a coordinator.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-13-2017, 10:57 AM
So far I think the Bills did the best out of all of them

Goobylal
01-13-2017, 01:19 PM
So far I think the Bills did the best out of all of them

Yup. Funny, to hear some talk, the Bills wouldn't be able to find a coach to take the job.

Goobylal
01-13-2017, 01:38 PM
But this hire also screams "Russ Brandon" and "marketing."

YardRat
01-13-2017, 04:48 PM
But this hire also screams "Russ Brandon" and "marketing."

I disagree. IMO it may not scream, but it at least shouts "football".

YardRat
01-14-2017, 04:49 PM
Is it obvious San Fran is treading water waiting for Shanahan?

swiper
01-14-2017, 05:47 PM
I wonder how long the Bills have had their eye on McDermott.

YardRat
01-16-2017, 02:22 PM
Josh McDaniels drops out of the running for the 49ers job.