PDA

View Full Version : TBN Skurski's turn....

Mace
01-02-2017, 08:43 PM
...to appropriately note the obvious with dismay.

No quotes needed, he's pretty much focused.

https://buffalonews.com/2017/01/02/10-head-scratching-moments-doug-whaleys-press-conference/

YardRat
01-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I know, it's just me, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as it's being made out to be.

I was going to address each of the 10 points on their own merits, but for the sake of brevity I don't have a problem (or find incredulous) 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, or 7. I can understand circumstances where the statements he made relative to those could be accurate.

As far as 5, we really don't know what his rep is in league circles, but it certainly is **** amongst the media and fans.
8 he got caught on. 9 should be on Pegula, he's the one that isn't comfortable dealing with the media and made Whaley 'the voice of ownership'.
10 there have been rumblings of a 'mole' leaking stuff from inside of the organization for years, and it is frustrating. Either they haven't cared enough to find out who it is, are too stupid to figure it out, or it's intentional.

To me, the biggest revelation, or transgression, alluded to during the presser is the complete philosophical disconnect between the hiring (it was a team decision, made by committee) and the firing (the owner did it on his own) which indicates no real commitment to how the operation is going to function and a lack of dedication to following through on that commitment.

Mace
01-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I know, it's just me, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as it's being made out to be.

I was going to address each of the 10 points on their own merits, but for the sake of brevity I don't have a problem (or find incredulous) 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, or 7. I can understand circumstances where the statements he made relative to those could be accurate.

As far as 5, we really don't know what his rep is in league circles, but it certainly is **** amongst the media and fans.
8 he got caught on. 9 should be on Pegula, he's the one that isn't comfortable dealing with the media and made Whaley 'the voice of ownership'.
10 there have been rumblings of a 'mole' leaking stuff from inside of the organization for years, and it is frustrating. Either they haven't cared enough to find out who it is, are too stupid to figure it out, or it's intentional.

To me, the biggest revelation, or transgression, alluded to during the presser is the complete philosophical disconnect between the hiring (it was a team decision, made by committee) and the firing (the owner did it on his own) which indicates no real commitment to how the operation is going to function and a lack of dedication to following through on that commitment.

Dunno. You can take a public speaking course at a business school, and have to grasp public relations when dealing with well, the public. I don't see any reason whatever supposedly educated high profile people can't express themselves appropriately within a supposedly focused organization.

There's no reason whatever for attempted wordplay or media fencing. The Rams executive came out and said basically, we screwed up as an organization, we know it, we mean to do better. Nothing else was needed. That's a simple, thorough defense.

You can't even think Whaley has the vaguest idea what is going on around him and has any interest in it. You can't even think he can (or prepared to) speak about it without waffling ambivalence knowing he had a brutal press conference coming. He said the problem starts with him in his opening statement, then went out of his way to defend why it didn't.

No...I think it's a very big deal.

Joe Fo Sho
01-02-2017, 09:42 PM
3. When Whaley said Ryan was the one who recommended Anthony Lynn become the interim coach.

Is it really that "head-scratching" that the assistance HC would be made the interim head coach for the only game left in the season? I would probably scratch my head if they named someone else. Just because Rex suggested it doesn't really mean that it's the wrong choice.

There's plenty of merit to this article, but the Anthony Lynn thing is bogus.

Mace
01-02-2017, 09:48 PM
Is it really that "head-scratching" that the assistance HC would be made the interim head coach for the only game left in the season? I would probably scratch my head if they named someone else. Just because Rex suggested it doesn't really mean that it's the wrong choice.

Well it was probably totally irrelevant to add that Ryan recommended it since it was leaked a long time ago and assumed anyway. Probably your greengrocer would have recommended it, but Whaley didn't ? That's real bizarre.

WagonCircler
01-02-2017, 10:16 PM

The point is, Whaley was trying to imply that Rex was the reason.

This is what happens when you lie 90% of the time. Even when he tells the truth, there's a film of slime over it.

YardRat
01-03-2017, 06:29 AM
Dunno. You can take a public speaking course at a business school, and have to grasp public relations when dealing with well, the public. I don't see any reason whatever supposedly educated high profile people can't express themselves appropriately within a supposedly focused organization.

There's no reason whatever for attempted wordplay or media fencing. The Rams executive came out and said basically, we screwed up as an organization, we know it, we mean to do better. Nothing else was needed. That's a simple, thorough defense.

You can't even think Whaley has the vaguest idea what is going on around him and has any interest in it. You can't even think he can (or prepared to) speak about it without waffling ambivalence knowing he had a brutal press conference coming. He said the problem starts with him in his opening statement, then went out of his way to defend why it didn't.

No...I think it's a very big deal.

Being grilled by the media in an open question and answer format is a different animal than public speaking, especially when you might be put in a position to defend others that you might not agree with or actions that you really weren't a part of. When working within a group dynamic but acting as the spokesperson of that group, sometimes one has to make a decision to be a 'me' guy and answer questions from a personal/egotistical standpoint or answer questions in a manner that supports the 'team first' philosophy. Sometimes that lends to answers to questions that might represent the truth, but only to a certain point, and not revealing the entire truth because, quite frankly, the entire truth may not be relevant or do more damage than good to the 'team first' philosophy.