PDA

View Full Version : TSN: Jerome Felton says team faced internal distractions

DraftBoy
01-03-2017, 06:09 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/jerome-felton-bills-media-leaks-rex-ryan-firing-2016-season-struggles/wlv5tnlo5pro1oiwtr9bwidij

The way fullback Jerome Felton sees it, the Bills had two obstacles to overcome in 2016.

The opposing team, and the enemy within (i.e., the internal media leaks that sprung as Buffalo’s season sputtered to a close).

The first reports that coach Rex Ryan would potentially be fired in-season surfaced shortly before a Week 11 game against Pittsburgh. Such missives quoting anonymous sources continued until Ryan was dismissed five days before the team's season finale against the Jets.

Felton said the reports, and their timing, served to undermine the team itself. Felton said players would receive notifications on their phones positing Ryan’s imminent demise while trying to psychologically prepare for kickoff.

“Literally the last weeks before every single game, it was, ‘Yeah, Rex might get fired after this game,’” Felton said on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “That’s tough and frustrating."

The Bills were 6-6 when the first Ryan report surfaced.

Nothing earth shattering here, but just further confirmation of how wayward this season got. Interesting enough there is a bit of commentary from Felton on Tyrod Taylor in this piece. He's a huge fan of his.

The Jokeman
01-03-2017, 06:15 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/jerome-felton-bills-media-leaks-rex-ryan-firing-2016-season-struggles/wlv5tnlo5pro1oiwtr9bwidij

Nothing earth shattering here, but just further confirmation of how wayward this season got. Interesting enough there is a bit of commentary from Felton on Tyrod Taylor in this piece. He's a huge fan of his.

On a side note, Felton's due to be an UFA, considering how bad the offense was without him in Week 1 against Baltimore I hope we re-sign him but hopefully to a cap friendly deal.

GreedoII
01-03-2017, 09:12 AM
On a side note, Felton's due to be an UFA, considering how bad the offense was without him in Week 1 against Baltimore I hope we re-sign him but hopefully to a cap friendly deal.

shut up..it's a stupid FB....

running the ball has done nothing to get this team anywhere...time to get out of the 70's....

The Jokeman
01-03-2017, 09:29 AM
shut up..it's a stupid FB....

running the ball has done nothing to get this team anywhere...time to get out of the 70's....

without that strong running game our offense would be the league's worst since our QB generally locks on one player in a game plan and when he's not open pats the ball and either takes a sack or dumps the ball off the a RB for 3 or 4 yard gain.

DraftBoy
01-03-2017, 09:37 AM
If this was last year I would of said to cut Felton, but once Roman was fired Lynn really found a way to utilize Felton effectively and he was a big part of the success that Shady and Gilly had this year.

GreedoII
01-03-2017, 01:12 PM
without that strong running game our offense would be the league's worst since our QB generally locks on one player in a game plan and when he's not open pats the ball and either takes a sack or dumps the ball off the a RB for 3 or 4 yard gain.

my point is to forget that old stupid philosophy and join the 21st freaking century

DynaPaul
01-03-2017, 03:46 PM
And yet the players, who loved Rex so much, didn't go out there and kick ass.

Cleve
01-03-2017, 04:31 PM
The players came out on fire, Sunday, didn't they, to show how much they endorsed Lynn as the new HC? lol

Mace
01-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Was the same with Jauron. Players loved him but couldn't be bothered to show it by playing harder on the field. Talked about it a lot though.

Buddo
01-04-2017, 05:19 AM
Was the same with Jauron. Players loved him but couldn't be bothered to show it by playing harder on the field. Talked about it a lot though.

Tbh, I think they played hard enough, they simply weren't good enough. The roster is, in theory, an awful lot better than then. It could be argued that Jauron's bunch, actually out-performed their talent, whereas this lot, under Ryan, have underperformed.

trapezeus
01-04-2017, 12:03 PM
perhaps getting an MBA during the season was also a distraction.