• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Buffalo Bills HC Tracker

Just a single thread to try and track who has been reported that the Bills have interest in and who has reported that the Bills are scheduling an interview with.

Interviews Conducted:

Interviews Requested:
    Sean McDermott - Carolina Panthers DC
    Harold Goodwin - Arizona Cardinals OC
    Vance Joseph - Miami Dolphins DC
    Frank Reich - Philadelphia Eagles OC

Rumored Interest:
    Anthony Lynn - Buffalo Bills Interim HC
    Tom Coughlin - Former NY Giants HC
    Teryl Austin - Detroit Lions DC
    Kris Richard - Seattle Seahawks DC
    Last edited by X-Era; 01-03-2017, 11:17 AM.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Re: Buffalo Bills HC Tracker

4-3 defense people.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I actually kind of like the idea of keeping the offense together and switching back to a 4-3 D under Gus Bradley. If an "ok" D gets us 2 or 3 more wins, we are going to Pittsburgh on Sunday.

It is hardly exciting, but some continuity is good. Though, the *****ing from Jaguars defenders about scheme isn't making me warm and fuzzy.
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Truthfully this is an exercise in futility.

As long as Whaley, and Brandon, are in the front office, there is no where to go but down. It's impressive to be a self made billionaire but maybe with this one he has to have a lot of yes men around him.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

I'm not sure what to make of this.

Bradley’s defense, which is run by former Seattle assistant Todd Wash, is a variation of the 3-4. It uses what is called a leo (weakside defensive end) and a big end (strongside defense end). The leo’s job is to get pressure on the quarterback on first and second down, and the big end’s job is to set the edge against the run. On third down, there are multiple leos on the field.

The defense also relies on cornerbacks playing press man coverage, the strong safety playing closer to the line of scrimmage to help with run support and the free safety in the middle of the field responsible for eliminating explosive plays. The Jaguars mix things up a bit, but for the most part, they keep things simple, especially in the secondary, where the defensive backs are drilled to stay on top to avoid giving up big plays.
          Jaguars rookie Jalen Ramsey said former coach Gus Bradley's scheme was too restrictive and believes "a new beginning will serve us great here."
          Last edited by The Jokeman; 01-03-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
            I actually kind of like the idea of keeping the offense together and switching back to a 4-3 D under Gus Bradley.
            That is well documented that the Bills don't have a true NT and OLB for 3-4. Dareus and Kyle Willams are best playing DL in 4-3. Hughes also was not that good in coverage. Shaq Lawson in coverage?

The only person we are going to miss switching to 4-3 is Alexander, a revelation as an OLB in 3-4. And I'm not sure about Ragland's coverage ability as the MLB. Preston played MLB under Schwartz and looked to be fine.

Comment

• Cleve
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
              Truthfully this is an exercise in futility.

As long as Whaley, and Brandon, are in the front office, there is no where to go but down. It's impressive to be a self made billionaire but maybe with this one he has to have a lot of yes men around him.
              Yup. I agree. Didn't T-Peg officially become one of, if not the worst, owners in the NFL this past week, with throwing an ill prepared Anthony Lynn to the wolves, Tyrod Taylor, one of the best Bills QBs in the past decade, being benched, Doug Whaley's amazingly awful presser, and then Pegula's revealing one on one interview to 'set the record straight'?

However I really don't think Brandon and Whaley even matter. It's Terry Pegula's money and Terry Pegula's show.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
              per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• GreedoII
                • Aug 2007

Sean McDermott - Carolina Panthers DC is the guy.....

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
                  Sean McDermott - Carolina Panthers DC is the guy.....
                  I think he'd be my top choice of the names reported for interviews thus far. He's a no BS guy who is well liked by his players. Runs a versatile 4-3 scheme and will likely bring in a good OC to run the offense.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Homegrown
                    Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                    I'm not sure what to make of this.
                    Bradley’s defense, which is run by former Seattle assistant Todd Wash, is a variation of the 3-4. It uses what is called a leo (weakside defensive end) and a big end (strongside defense end). The leo’s job is to get pressure on the quarterback on first and second down, and the big end’s job is to set the edge against the run. On third down, there are multiple leos on the field.

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonvill...-scheme-needed
                    Sounds ghey ....

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

If we get a DC for a coach, I wonder if Lynn would stay for the OC gig? That would be weird.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Bills have officially requested to interview Eagles OC Frank Reich.

If an Admin/Mod would be so kind as to update the top post.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
                          • Jun 2015

I don't give a rats ass who they interview or who they hire. It doesn't matter.

Until they burn the entire thing to the ground and start over with a strong, proven GM, all of this is a pointless charade. It's a joke. And everyone knows it except for ownership. I suspect even Lynn and Whaley know it's a joke.

Pegs is narcoleptic. Brandon is loving every moment of this.

Chris Brown is preparing some article about the coaching search but it's pointless. The organization actually looks like more of a joke when you read their PR crap. Everyone knows this thing is a piece of dog sh$t except for the people that matter.

I don't give a damn who they hire.
                          All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            Bills have officially requested to interview Eagles OC Frank Reich.

If an Admin/Mod would be so kind as to update the top post.
                            Done. Thanks for the thread!

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                              • Aug 2004

According to Buffalo Rumbling -

Interviews Requested
                              • Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin.
                              • Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott.
                              • Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich.
                              • Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin.
                              • Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Kris Richard.

Now add Lynn, that's 6. Kim Pergula said 5 or 6 candidates. Looks like that next HC comes from this list.

Comment

Working...
                              X