• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

PFF: Why the Bills should build around Taylor

With uncertainty surrounding the team as they show Rex and Rob Ryan the door, it made some business sense for the Buffalo Bills to bench Tyrod Taylor in Week 17. By doing so, the franchise avoided being on the hook for a huge sum of guaranteed money if Taylor got hurt in a meaningless game. Now that the season is over, however, the Bills would be foolish to walk away from the quarterback.

Tyrod Taylor represents an increasingly frustrating tranche of NFL quarterbacks that have shown more than enough ability to win games, yet will likely never become elite. In the current football landscape, such players can command ludicrous salaries based entirely off their ability to not be Blaine Gabbert.

Taylor isn’t alone here; there is an increasing number of flawed, but capable, starters around the league giving teams major headaches when it comes contract time. Washington is in a similar bind with Kirk Cousins, and others will follow.

Everybody is searching for the next Aaron Rodgers, because he is the home-run hit that makes everything else easier. Rodgers found his old form this season and transformed a Green Bay offense that was stuck in the mud. He has been able to overcome an underperforming defense that can’t cover anybody, and drag his team to the playoffs—and who knows how much further. If Green Bay replaced him with even Derek Carr or Drew Brees, that probably doesn’t happen.
    Full disclosure, I'm not the biggest fan of what PFF does but it's a well written piece that provides some decent statistical context.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: PFF: Why the Bills should build around Taylor

I think we all saw how bad this team is w/o Tyrod, and I really think if we let him walk, we are taking a VERY big risk at the most important position on the field. Hopefully, TT will make the decision very easy, and try to rework his deal to a much more cap friendly number. With that said, I don't see him wanting or trying to do that. If he doesn't want to restructure, IMO, we shouldn't let him walk.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I don't love the idea of keeping Tyrod but I don't know who we are going to get that's better.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Homegrown
        Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
        • Jul 2008

gotta love the premise of the article - "my girlfriend is fat & disgusting, but she gives a great blow job" ....

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
            gotta love the premise of the article - "my girlfriend is fat & disgusting, but she gives a great blow job" ....
            Yeah but all the girls who are better looking have large, muscular boyfriends, so if we're stuck with a fattie, may as well be with the one who gives the best head.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

I don't see a quick fix besides TT. The offense is scoring. Fix the defense and get a coach that does his job, draft a QB. I think I said this verbatim before but IMO its the only option.
              If you get a new coach and scrap the QB, you have two more years of semi rebuilding. Then two years from now we clean house and start all over again. Now we have 5 more years guaranteed with no playoffs. I say you try and transition slowly by fixing the defense.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Thurmal
                • Oct 2005

He is awesome at winning games where McCoy is running for more yards than Taylor throws for, the defense is playing lights out, and he is asked to do as little as possible.
                "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

This debate is so tiresome

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

then again being a fan of this team in general is exhausting

Comment

• Luisito23
                      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      I don't love the idea of keeping Tyrod but I don't know who we are going to get that's better.
                      That's the problem...I don't want Taylor at all, but damn, what are the alternatives?...
                      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

I guess is we keep Tyrod we would have to have an all time great D and current ruuning game.

Just know that if McCoy goes down with an injury, we're toast offensively with TT as our qb.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

If they don't resign TT then what are the options ?

The option that had better happen is trading a mid-round draft pick for either Romo or Cutler and draft another qb early in the coming draft.
                          If not, then they are looking at 3-4 wins next year.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                            If they don't resign TT then what are the options ?

The option that had better happen is trading a mid-round draft pick for either Romo or Cutler and draft another qb early in the coming draft.
                            If not, then they are looking at 3-4 wins next year.
                            I don't think a mid-round pick alone is going to get either Cutler or Romo.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                              • Jun 2009

Well I'm not sure what it will take, maybe a couple of picks. It's not going to be a 1st or 2nd.
                              If TT isn't resigned they have to do something. I would even be in for Glennon.
                              I sure as hell don't want to go in with Cardale next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X