PDA

View Full Version : how much of a problem do you think the ROMO drive was for buffalo

trapezeus
01-04-2017, 05:00 PM
That one drive in the last game makes me think that the bills brass will look at that and say, "see he's healthy. He will sell tickets, he's the thing that gets us in in 2017". I really fear the bills drive to keep being aggressive with no future plan. am I being paranoid?

TacklingDummy
01-04-2017, 05:36 PM
He deserves to go to Denver and not this cesspool.

k-oneputt
01-04-2017, 05:46 PM
I would like to see if this team can get to the play-offs with a legit NFL qb that can actually throw the ball downfield. I think they would.

BertSquirtgum
01-04-2017, 06:17 PM
He deserves to go to Denver and not this cesspool.

Nope. He should come here.

OpIv37
01-04-2017, 06:49 PM
It's a very Russ Brandon-like move. Sure, it'll hose our cap but it'll get us national attention and sell season tickets. A marketable move trumps a football one.

jimmifli
01-04-2017, 07:03 PM
How does it hose our cap?

Doesn't his signing bonus all end up on his current team? And then we're only on the hook for salary, no?

His salary at ~$15 million (I think) seems reasonable. What am I missing?

OpIv37
01-04-2017, 07:05 PM
How does it hose our cap?

Doesn't his signing bonus all end up on his current team? And then we're only on the hook for salary, no?

His salary at ~$15 million (I think) seems reasonable. What am I missing?

Well think about this: If he's at $15 million and we have $10 million tied up in dead cap from Tyrod, that's $25 million for one position.

I don't know exactly how his signing bonus works but I don't think Dallas can afford to eat it. I'm not sure if they can make the trade contingent on the new team taking some of the cap hit or not. Depends on the CBA.

Mace
01-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Have to change the offense first. So need an HC/OC/QB coach to integrate approach, RT, couple WR's....oh, and probably need a DC with a defense that can stop people sometimes so Romo isn't constantly being blitzed trying to come from behind. Probably need a better medical/training staff too.

Maybe tomorrow.

k-oneputt
01-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Wr's are the least of the problem. We need a healthy Sammy, we already have an underused t-end that can play. Good qb's make average recievers good enough.
We will need a rt. I still think keep Kujo at lt and move Glenn to rt.
Can the HC/OC/QB coaches be any worse, gotta be an upgrade imo.
Romo is plenty used to playing from behind in Dallas, not a problem.
Ok medical staff needs an upgrade.

Mace
01-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Wr's are the least of the problem. We need a healthy Sammy

Alrighty then.

Night Train
01-04-2017, 08:17 PM
I seriously think the Bills are out of marketing tricks with the locals. Tickets will be easy to get, with the blackout rule now history.

Romo isn't coming here. If we need glass, we'll go get some in Corning.

jimmifli
01-04-2017, 10:05 PM
Well think about this: If he's at $15 million and we have $10 million tied up in dead cap from Tyrod, that's $25 million for one position.

I don't know exactly how his signing bonus works but I don't think Dallas can afford to eat it. I'm not sure if they can make the trade contingent on the new team taking some of the cap hit or not. Depends on the CBA.

If we cut Tyrod I think his dead cap is less than 3 million. As far as I know there is no way for a team to transfer cap when I player is traded. If the player was paid a signing bonus any "unamortized" signing bonus is dumped directly into their cap in the current year. So Dallas would end up with about about $20 million in unamortized bonus counting against their 2017 cap. And the new team gets Tony for $15, $19 and $20, unless they redo a deal.

YardRat
01-05-2017, 05:52 AM

No.

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

Mouldsie
01-06-2017, 11:46 PM
I don't see how it would be a bad move other than the health risk where maybe we start the season hot, he goes down, we lose out, and we draft 15th which is the worst.

If he plays 16+ games and the defense can turn around we would be a contender.

Romo or tank I say

stuckincincy
01-07-2017, 12:08 AM
I seriously think the Bills are out of marketing tricks with the locals. Tickets will be easy to get, with the blackout rule now history.

17 years and no dice, folks spending 4 bucks for a boiled hot dog, who knows what for a beer, standing all game with a certain amount of them spewing non-stop obscenities.

They don't need tricks - they need higher alcohol beer to keep up the $ coming from the current clientele.

:crap: