PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly Doesn't Feel Tyrod is a Franchise QB

jamze132
01-05-2017, 03:18 AM
Saw on ESPN...

Not sure I agree with him coming out and saying that even though it's true. The fan base is divided and for all we know, OBD is as well. I think OBD is going to try to see if they can get Romo or Cousins before giving Tyrod the keys to the boat, which they'll probably have to do since there isn't anyone else out there.

coastal
01-05-2017, 05:39 AM
I think Jim Kelly destroyed what little intelligence he had with severe alcohol abuse.

YardRat
01-05-2017, 05:47 AM
Does anybody think Tyrod is a 'franchise' QB?

trapezeus
01-05-2017, 06:08 AM
Kelly was always quick to rah rah the next guy selected during the drought. And he was a tebow fan So Kelly's qb evaluations aren't great.

The Jokeman
01-05-2017, 06:30 AM
Kelly was always quick to rah rah the next guy selected during the drought. And he was a tebow fan So Kelly's qb evaluations aren't great.

Jimbo is nothing more than a glorified Bills fan now.

Forward_Lateral
01-05-2017, 07:22 AM
He's right. What has Tyrod shown to prove otherwise? That he can scramble and make miracle throws? Yipeee. He can't stand in the pocket and throw an 8 yard out pattern without hitting someone in the 4th row, or bouncing it in the turf.

The Jokeman
01-05-2017, 07:50 AM
He's right. What has Tyrod shown to prove otherwise? That he can scramble and make miracle throws? Yipeee. He can't stand in the pocket and throw an 8 yard out pattern without hitting someone in the 4th row, or bouncing it in the turf.

Yep, as many here have said Tyrod isn't good enough as a passer.

The King
01-05-2017, 07:52 AM
Considering how much the Bills do for him, he's gotta stay clear of this ****. I think he endorsed Trent Edwards so his views are skewed anyways but he's too close to the team to create these types of headlines.

The Jokeman
01-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Considering how much the Bills do for him, he's gotta stay clear of this ****. I think he endorsed Trent Edwards so his views are skewed anyways but he's too close to the team to create these types of headlines.

I don't mind Jim saying it but what I do mind the closeness he has with the team. As honestly I hate seeing him on the sidelines during games etc. because see no reason for it unless they want him to lead the charge for the new Jills.

trapezeus
01-05-2017, 08:45 AM
TT isn't the answer, but the team is showing its cards that it wants continuity by keeping whaley and Brandon.

as a result, if you are trying to keep continuity and potentially keep lynn AND you have the lowly goal of simply making the playoffs, guess what? TT is the best option. there are no FA qbs (romo won't last a season here, we know this), the draft has a lot of qbs, but no obvious starters. TT's bonus isn't that much for who he is. $20MM for a mid level .500 qb is about right.

Agreeing to pick up TT's option isn't an endorsement that he can do much more, but keeping him is essentially what the bills are suggesting when they say "continuity". if they don't, to me, that's another sign that they have no idea what they are doing. instead they are opting for significant dead cap space by cutting him. they will have to get a Vet FA, which aside from romo are not starting qbs. and romo is way too expensive and likely will require a trade. so you want to spend a draft pick on a one season qb. that continues a cycle of chasing and continues the pattern of not planning. And at that point we know "continuity" simply means "protectionism" of the front office. and that will be very hard to stomach for one more season.

djjimkelly
01-05-2017, 09:50 AM
kelly has said the truth.

every qb even bledsoe and fruite have been **** since him

Bill Cody
01-05-2017, 10:14 AM
In other news breaded chicken cutlets are $1 a pound at Shoprite

Night Train
01-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Kelly was on the local radio.

His talk was more about getting plays with your arm on 3rd down to keep drives alive and move the chains at key moments. He basically said the Bills are not getting that from Taylor and insinuated they need to add to Jones with a couple fresh faces and see if one can be that guy. Doesn't see it with TT and of course Manuel wasn't even mentioned.

Victor7
01-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Agreed on him being an official cheerleader since he's still getting paid (I think). He has indeed supported some ****ty QB's before.

But

With all that said he's right. Taylor is not the answer.

DynaPaul
01-05-2017, 05:04 PM
He's not a top tier QB but he's all we have for now because there is nothing better on the team, in FA, or the draft.

Mace
01-05-2017, 05:50 PM
In other news breaded chicken cutlets are $1 a pound at Shoprite

I'm damned fond of a cheap breaded chicken cutlet, Cody, thank you.

Mace
01-05-2017, 05:56 PM
I can't see why anyone would mind Kelly being around the team. He has presence, a Hall of Fame jacket, and a history of success as a QB like we haven't seen in an awful long time. I'd prefer to see even more of those former Bills along with him there.

What's the negative, that he'll harm the self esteem of these current guys ?

YardRat
01-05-2017, 06:10 PM
I enjoy listening to his weekly radio show on 97Rock.

Gilly
01-05-2017, 06:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr>v=PPgpG4AvOnU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPgpG4AvOnU)

Victor7
01-05-2017, 06:59 PM
I can't see why anyone would mind Kelly being around the team. He has presence, a Hall of Fame jacket, and a history of success as a QB like we haven't seen in an awful long time. I'd prefer to see even more of those former Bills along with him there.

I don't think anyone minds Kelly at all.

Its just that OBD is using him to get fans on their side. You think him saying those things today of all days is a coincidence ?? Team is trying to distance themselves from Taylor. What better way than to get the all time god of Buffalo to help you out.

If we can't get another QB and we go into the season with Cardale as the starter expect Jim to pimp him up then.

I love Jim. But his opinion is skewed. He is Chris Brown basically.

jamze132
01-05-2017, 09:06 PM
Tyrod is the best option we have. So we don't really have a choice than to keep him.

The Jokeman
01-05-2017, 09:11 PM

What does he add but a distraction to those around him and nothing more than a fan. Do you see Brett Favre on the Packers sidelines? Or Dan Marino on Miami's? Hardly ever.

WagonCircler
01-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Tyrod is gone. He's not coming back.

The "elective surgery" is a clear sign of his intentions. Doesn't matter what he says about preferring to remain here.

And the Bills aren't about to commit to the kind of cap money that will keep him here for 5 years.

And it won't be an amicable divorce.

swiper
01-08-2017, 06:22 PM

The "elective surgery" is a clear sign of his intentions. Doesn't matter what he says about preferring to remain here.

And the Bills aren't about to commit to the kind of cap money that will keep him here for 5 years.

He's going to be option #2 for the Broncos if they can't land Romo.

djjimkelly
01-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Tyrod is the best option we have. So we don't really have a choice than to keep him.

so according to this..................

my wife steals or cheats or in general does some bad sh11t.

i should just say ITS OK shes the ONLY wife i could ever have.

dont see how it relates. if your qb your wife your whatever is crap..................... you get a new one (once again for better or worse)

IlluminatusUIUC
01-09-2017, 09:53 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to get a new QB. Tyrod might be the ideal bridge to let that QB develop. The draft does not include any surefire guys at QB, and even if there were we wouldn't get them sitting where we are. So if we take a guy like Kelly or Kizer or whatever while Taylor plays out the next two years, I'm onboard with that.

BillsImpossible
01-09-2017, 07:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr>v=PPgpG4AvOnU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPgpG4AvOnU)

Jim Kelly said (twice) that he wanted to see what Cardale Jones could do and advocated for him starting the last three games.

"But me, personally, I'm thinking why don't they give Cardale Jones a chance with 3 games to go..."

"But one thing that I said 4 weeks ago, was give Cardale Jones the last 3 games..."

Mr. Cynical
01-09-2017, 11:40 PM
To be fair, he admitted he bought in and then was proven wrong. Granted that doesn't make him a great evaluator but he's not a blind homer unwilling to admit the mistake.

feldspar
01-10-2017, 05:40 AM

Tyrod's intentions don't play in, unless the idea is to try to get him to restructure his contract and the Bills want to dump him if he doesn't want to. This seems to be the case to me, or at least pretty likely.

I don't think the surgery is going to affect anything either way. And I can't imagine any unnecessary surgery was performed...not like he's trying to force the Bills to pick up his option or anything like that. He'll see big, starting QB money on the open market anyway IMO, if that's the way it goes.

Either the Bills will pay him, or somebody else will. No need for him to do anything underhanded, as if he could get away with it...which he wouldn't be IMO.

SpikedLemonade
01-10-2017, 07:48 AM
The fact that Jim Kelly feels anything but shame for his poor leadership of his men going into those 4 Superbowls just confirms that he is and was the same butthole who did not want to initially come to Buffalo.

I wish Kelly would just **** up and cheer from the sidelines.

jamze132
01-10-2017, 08:39 AM
so according to this..................

my wife steals or cheats or in general does some bad sh11t.

i should just say ITS OK shes the ONLY wife i could ever have.

dont see how it relates. if your qb your wife your whatever is crap..................... you get a new one (once again for better or worse)
Well you'll have to stop looking for a wife in the club b if you want a better one. Sorry you didn't realize that.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to get a new QB. Tyrod might be the ideal bridge to let that QB develop. The draft does not include any surefire guys at QB, and even if there were we wouldn't get them sitting where we are. So if we take a guy like Kelly or Kizer or whatever while Taylor plays out the next two years, I'm onboard with that.
That's all I'm trying to say.

Historian
01-10-2017, 09:02 AM
The fact that Jim Kelly feels anything but shame for his poor leadership of his men going into those 4 Superbowls just confirms that he is and was the same butthole who did not want to initially come to Buffalo.
I wish Kelly would just **** up and cheer from the sidelines.

I have to agree with this.

While the guy has seen a lot of tragedy, and heartache since his retirement, frankly I'm tired of his pontificating.

Tired of the press lapping up every word out of the guy's mouth, like it was some golden nugget from the Dali Lama.

Tired of the press fawning over him, when, like Spiked noted, he didn't even want to come here in the first place.

He's just a guy with an opinion, like everyone else. Nothing more, nothing less.

Figster
01-12-2017, 12:41 PM
Someone just posted a comparison of J K and T T's first 29/28 games in another forum and Tyrod Taylor has better numbers and a much better TD to INT ratio.