• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    • Jun 2003

Jim Kelly Doesn't Feel Tyrod is a Franchise QB

Saw on ESPN...

Not sure I agree with him coming out and saying that even though it's true. The fan base is divided and for all we know, OBD is as well. I think OBD is going to try to see if they can get Romo or Cousins before giving Tyrod the keys to the boat, which they'll probably have to do since there isn't anyone else out there.
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Jim Kelly Doesn't Feel Tyrod is a Franchise QB

I think Jim Kelly destroyed what little intelligence he had with severe alcohol abuse.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Does anybody think Tyrod is a 'franchise' QB?
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Kelly was always quick to rah rah the next guy selected during the drought. And he was a tebow fan So Kelly's qb evaluations aren't great.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
          Kelly was always quick to rah rah the next guy selected during the drought. And he was a tebow fan So Kelly's qb evaluations aren't great.
          Jimbo is nothing more than a glorified Bills fan now.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

He's right. What has Tyrod shown to prove otherwise? That he can scramble and make miracle throws? Yipeee. He can't stand in the pocket and throw an 8 yard out pattern without hitting someone in the 4th row, or bouncing it in the turf.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
              He's right. What has Tyrod shown to prove otherwise? That he can scramble and make miracle throws? Yipeee. He can't stand in the pocket and throw an 8 yard out pattern without hitting someone in the 4th row, or bouncing it in the turf.
              Yep, as many here have said Tyrod isn't good enough as a passer.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Considering how much the Bills do for him, he's gotta stay clear of this ****. I think he endorsed Trent Edwards so his views are skewed anyways but he's too close to the team to create these types of headlines.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  Considering how much the Bills do for him, he's gotta stay clear of this ****. I think he endorsed Trent Edwards so his views are skewed anyways but he's too close to the team to create these types of headlines.
                  I don't mind Jim saying it but what I do mind the closeness he has with the team. As honestly I hate seeing him on the sidelines during games etc. because see no reason for it unless they want him to lead the charge for the new Jills.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

TT isn't the answer, but the team is showing its cards that it wants continuity by keeping whaley and Brandon.

as a result, if you are trying to keep continuity and potentially keep lynn AND you have the lowly goal of simply making the playoffs, guess what? TT is the best option. there are no FA qbs (romo won't last a season here, we know this), the draft has a lot of qbs, but no obvious starters. TT's bonus isn't that much for who he is. $20MM for a mid level .500 qb is about right.

Agreeing to pick up TT's option isn't an endorsement that he can do much more, but keeping him is essentially what the bills are suggesting when they say "continuity". if they don't, to me, that's another sign that they have no idea what they are doing. instead they are opting for significant dead cap space by cutting him. they will have to get a Vet FA, which aside from romo are not starting qbs. and romo is way too expensive and likely will require a trade. so you want to spend a draft pick on a one season qb. that continues a cycle of chasing and continues the pattern of not planning. And at that point we know "continuity" simply means "protectionism" of the front office. and that will be very hard to stomach for one more season.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

kelly has said the truth.

every qb even bledsoe and fruite have been **** since him

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

In other news breaded chicken cutlets are $1 a pound at Shoprite

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Kelly was on the local radio.

His talk was more about getting plays with your arm on 3rd down to keep drives alive and move the chains at key moments. He basically said the Bills are not getting that from Taylor and insinuated they need to add to Jones with a couple fresh faces and see if one can be that guy. Doesn't see it with TT and of course Manuel wasn't even mentioned.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Victor7
                            • Jul 2013

Agreed on him being an official cheerleader since he's still getting paid (I think). He has indeed supported some ****ty QB's before.

But

With all that said he's right. Taylor is not the answer.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

He's not a top tier QB but he's all we have for now because there is nothing better on the team, in FA, or the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X