• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Steve Smith on the Patriots

Recently-retired wide receiver Steve Smith Sr. went on ESPN's Mike and Mike and talked a little New England Patriots football.

During his discussion of the Patriots, he acknowledged how much the Patriots "have it all together" and had a funny comparison when it came to their coverage, check it out:

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: Steve Smith on the Patriots

so depressing

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Don't worry. The Bills are run by geniuses Doug Whaley and Anthony Lynn! They're WAY smarter than the Patriots.

Comment

• Homegrown
        Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
        • Jul 2008

I wonder how much longer the Pat's "have it all together" once Brady retires ....

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
          I wonder how much longer the Pat's "have it all together" once Brady retires ....
          They'll be good to go until Belichick is gone. Went 3-1 w/o Brady, and the only reason they didn't go 4-0 is b/c they had to start a 3rd stringer with a broken thumb on his throwing hand against the Bills.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Strongman
            • Apr 2006

At this point, I'd rather have the Patriots' waterboy as our GM than Whaley.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
              They'll be good to go until Belichick is gone. Went 3-1 w/o Brady, and the only reason they didn't go 4-0 is b/c they had to start a 3rd stringer with a broken thumb on his throwing hand against the Bills.
              I have come to believe the Patriots simply work harder than any other team. These guys don't get by on talent every player on that roster puts in the work and if they don't they're shipped out.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

No one wants to hear about NE here.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Smith is pretty funny, but **** the Cheatriots.

No staff simply 'has it all together' for a decade and a half, hell most can't sustain 3-5 years.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

When Brady retires, so does Belichick. Can't be soon enough so Buffalo can finally return to greatness!

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      I have come to believe the Patriots simply work harder than any other team. These guys don't get by on talent every player on that roster puts in the work and if they don't they're shipped out.
                      And if a player can't get them to the next level, they let them go. They don't overrate their players.
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Seems to that be everyone is expected to do their job. They are FOCUSED on the sb every year.

This is why the Ryan brothers doing something else other than bills football during the season is laughable especially when they havent proven anything.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                        X