Gruden's QB Camp: Cardale Jones Shows Off His Arm / Frank Reich As Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Gruden's QB Camp: Cardale Jones Shows Off His Arm / Frank Reich As Head Coach?

His arm is bigger than most human legs.

He has a baby's arm that looks like a young elephant's trunk.

His name is "12-gauge."

This is Bills Frontline....

"Chucky," Gruden likes Cardale Jones.

I wonder how many coaching candidates out there are thinking to themselves, "I would love to work with a quarterback like that."

Urban Meyer didn't have enough time to mess with Cardale's game. Jones is a fresh QB slate without bad (learned) habits.

He's raw, but he's not as raw as EJ Manuel is raw.

4 years worth of rawness....outperformed by a super saw raw rookie in 2016.

Tyrod Taylor is still raw, as raw as he was last year. He didn't get rawer, he just stayed slightly rawer, kind of like that frozen steak that's been in your freezer since 2015. Once you eat it, the steak will be okay, but it will never be great no matter how great your mate or mates can cook.

I want to move on from Tyrod Taylor. Kid's a great athlete, but he's not going to take the Bills to a Super Bowl win, or take the team on a decade long playoff run...like the Pittsburgh's, Green Bay's, and New England's of the football world.

Think BIG for 2017.

On a side note, I'd love to have A. Lynn remain as the OC and Frank Reich as the Bills next head coach.

The "Architect," of the Greatest Comeback in NFL History was Frank Reich.

The Bills need a comeback.

They have a trebuchet, now they need The Comeback King to help launch Cardale Jones into the stratosphere of NFL stardom.

Big League.
  • ICRockets
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2008

Re: Gruden's QB Camp: Cardale Jones Shows Off His Arm / Frank Reich As Head Coach?

I'd argue Cardale is WAY more raw than EJ was coming out, but it's difficult to say considering Nate Hackett squandered any potential Manuel once had.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Re: Gruden's QB Camp: Cardale Jones Shows Off His Arm / Frank Reich As Head Coach?

I don't think Nate Hackett had or has anything to do with EJ Manuel not being able to hit the broad side of a barn.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

I honestly think no ones potential or lack of it even makes a difference anymore, it just can't end well because it never does.

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
          I'd argue Cardale is WAY more raw than EJ was coming out, but it's difficult to say considering Nate Hackett squandered any potential Manuel once had.
          Can't teach accuracy. Hackett was the worst play-caller I've literally ever seen on the Bills, though.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• ICRockets
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
            Can't teach accuracy.
            Why do fans say this all the time? You can teach any football skill. Accuracy is a learned trait. It isn't some innate skill that never evolves or devolves. All it takes is a good coach/mentor.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

I don't understand why anyone wants Frank Reich to be our HC...

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

Cardale's brain is the size of an atom

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                  I don't understand why anyone wants Frank Reich to be our HC...
                  I've explained it more thoroughly in other threads, but it boils down to the fact he was #14 and Kelly was #12, and that extra two has to mean something someday.

Comment

• Homegrown
                    Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    I honestly think no ones potential or lack of it even makes a difference anymore, it just can't end well because it never does.
                    This thread has brought out Mace's inner Bob Dylan....

Comment

• Mouldsie
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                      Cardale's brain is the size of an atom
                      He scored a 25 on the wonderlic which is pretty good. EJ also did well. Football instincts are not the same

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                        He scored a 25 on the wonderlic which is pretty good. EJ also did well. Football instincts are not the same
                        That's why he was benched three times in 11 games at OSU.

"I didn't come here to play school. I came here to play football."

Cardale Jones.

****ing idiot.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                          Dam Marino - 16
                          Jim Kelly - 15
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                            Potential is a dangerous word for NFL quarterbacks. Yet after 6 years in the league I think we've seen Tyrod at his ceiling level which to me just isn't good enough. In terms of Cardale, I don't mind keeping him around but also prefer we draft a more polished QB in this draft to compete with him and whomever we elect to make the 3rd QB.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                              Potential is a dangerous word for NFL quarterbacks. Yet after 6 years in the league I think we've seen Tyrod at his ceiling level which to me just isn't good enough. In terms of Cardale, I don't mind keeping him around but also prefer we draft a more polished QB in this draft to compete with him and whomever we elect to make the 3rd QB.
                              What I can't quite figure out with Taylor is if he is good enough to be a Trent Dilfer type guy for this team. His lack of turnovers, ability to make plays with his feet, and ability to innovate are really appealing. However, his issues with accuracy, inability to read a defense, or to consistently run through more than 1-2 progressions is infuriating.

I'm torn.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X