PDA

View Full Version : Reports that Bills moving on from Tyrod

The Jokeman
01-06-2017, 10:22 AM
Again media speculation but just thought I'd share since no one else has

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1201411-report-bills-planning-to-move-on-from-tyrod-taylor

Joe Fo Sho
01-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Good riddance.

Buffalogic
01-06-2017, 10:28 AM
The writing has been on the wall for about a month now.

Mahdi
01-06-2017, 10:49 AM
If Tyrod moves to another team, becomes a better QB and wins for them. Buffalo will look stupider than they do now.

Getting rid of Tyrod is simply a bad management decision.

You keep him and add to the QB depth chart with a vet and a draft pick.

BuffRanger
01-06-2017, 10:54 AM
If Tyrod moves to another team, becomes a better QB and wins for them. Buffalo will look stupider than they do now.

Exactly. How many times are the Bills going to repeat the same mistake over and over and over. You don't move on, you move up. Don't replace a guy until you already the replacement (who has already shown he's better.)

mightysimi
01-06-2017, 10:58 AM
who replaces Taylor? I know he isn't Brady or Rodgers but I would say the d was holding us back more than the o.

The Jokeman
01-06-2017, 10:58 AM

and outside of Darryle Lamonica when have the Bills let go of a QB who then went on to have long term success elsewhere? Fitzpatrick was good in 2015 but this year think most Jets fans happy to see him go after this year.

Mahdi
01-06-2017, 11:06 AM
and outside of Darryle Lamonica when have the Bills let go of a QB who then went on to have long term success elsewhere? Fitzpatrick was good in 2015 but this year think most Jets fans happy to see him go after this year.

Ok but what does that have to do with Tyrod?

Tyrod is young, has played less than two full seasons and based on what we saw in his final two games he was improving on his deficiencies.

What we also don't account for with Tyrod is his effect on the running game. And I don't mean the yardage he adds to our totals.

LeSean McCoy is a great running back but he gets afforded extra space simply because defenses have to honor the backside runs from Tyrod.

Again, if our D was top 10 in points allowed per game we would be in the playoffs.

DraftBoy
01-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Not a surprise at all, let's just hope he passes the physical first.

Some of the names I'd like to see: Foles (if cut), McCarron, Hundley

justasportsfan
01-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Im surprised that they would think this before hiring a coach. You would think they would ask the input of the new HC first . Then again who knows anymore with this team?

If Lynn is the HC all this time and the other coaching interviews are just for show , then Lynn must not think highly of Tyrod.

The Jokeman
01-06-2017, 11:23 AM

What do you see in Hundley? As sure he has he physical stuff but his stats not much to write home about.

Victor7
01-06-2017, 11:25 AM

Not at that salary.

The Jokeman
01-06-2017, 11:25 AM

Tyrod is young, has played less than two full seasons and based on what we saw in his final two games he was improving on his deficiencies.

What we also don't account for with Tyrod is his effect on the running game. And I don't mean the yardage he adds to our totals.

LeSean McCoy is a great running back but he gets afforded extra space simply because defenses have to honor the backside runs from Tyrod.

Again, if our D was top 10 in points allowed per game we would be in the playoffs.

Why did it take him up to those final two weeks? I just don't see "it" in Tyrod. He reminds me of JP Losman/RJ wrapped into one. He'll tease you thinking he has it but at the end of the day disappoints you.

Thurmal
01-06-2017, 11:27 AM

You dump him b/c you can't drop $27 million next year on a QB that can't win from behind or without a gigantic performance from his RBs.

DraftBoy
01-06-2017, 11:34 AM
What do you see in Hundley? As sure he has he physical stuff but his stats not much to write home about.

I thought his 2015 preseason was lights out and he's spent now two years learning under McCarthy and Rogers.

In four preseason games in 2015 he went 45 of 65 for 630 yards, 7 TD's, and 1 INT. He also started the Week 3 preseason game which went against the Eagles Starting D, in that game he was 22 of 31 for 315 yards, 2 TD's, and 1 INT.

I think he could be a cheaper trade option who has good size, good arm, and athleticism.

justasportsfan
01-06-2017, 11:35 AM

Tyrod is young, has played less than two full seasons and based on what we saw in his final two games he was improving on his deficiencies. the jets packed it i a long time ago.

What we also don't account for with Tyrod is his effect on the running game. And I don't mean the yardage he adds to our totals. what effect are you talking about. Have you heard of the term "the pass opens up the run and run opens up the pass" ? That didn't apply to Tyrod.

Imagine what it would do for McCoy if teams had to back up because the qb can hurt you in the passing game? MCCoy could have a 2000 yard season or MVP.

Again, if our D was top 10 in points allowed per game we would be in the playoffs.this I agree. On the flipside, you're telling us Tyrod isn't a good enough qb who can carry a team. He needs a very good D to help him out.

jimmifli
01-06-2017, 11:36 AM
We're going to end up with a worse ab with a higher cap.

djjimkelly
01-06-2017, 11:42 AM
i hope this is true hes not a qb

DetDannyWilliams
01-06-2017, 11:44 AM
:bigwave: :censored:

kingJofNYC
01-06-2017, 11:57 AM

God, those names, we're ****ing complete trash.

Mahdi
01-06-2017, 12:08 PM
I thought his 2015 preseason was lights out and he's spent now two years learning under McCarthy and Rogers.

In four preseason games in 2015 he went 45 of 65 for 630 yards, 7 TD's, and 1 INT. He also started the Week 3 preseason game which went against the Eagles Starting D, in that game he was 22 of 31 for 315 yards, 2 TD's, and 1 INT.

I think he could be a cheaper trade option who has good size, good arm, and athleticism.

I think that is the type of guy you sign behind Tyrod. Then you draft a pure passer in the 2nd round.

DraftBoy
01-06-2017, 12:14 PM
I think that is the type of guy you sign behind Tyrod. Then you draft a pure passer in the 2nd round.

Why sign him behind Tyrod? He's already spent two years learning under the best QB in the league. Now is the time to start him not sit him.

swiper
01-06-2017, 12:28 PM

You mean like Mularkey succeeding in Tennessee?

Mahdi
01-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Why sign him behind Tyrod? He's already spent two years learning under the best QB in the league. Now is the time to start him not sit him.

I don't really agree that he is in line to be a starting QB. I think he should be in a situation where he can battle for a starting job or be at least in a position where if the incumbent struggles he would be the runner-up.

In GB he would only get on the field if Rodgers got hurt.

Bill Cody
01-06-2017, 01:18 PM

You're worried about the Bills looking stupider than they do now?:confused:

No, signing him to the extension was a bad management decision. Letting him go before he's guaranteed 27 large is mitigating some of that bad decision.

No you don't. He can't bring us a SB. Not now, not ever. Pass

Mahdi
01-06-2017, 01:23 PM
You're worried about the Bills looking stupider than they do now?:confused:

No, signing him to the extension was a bad management decision. Letting him go before he's guaranteed 27 large is mitigating some of that bad decision.

No you don't. He can't bring us a SB. Not now, not ever. Pass

So Russell Wilson can win a SB but not Tyrod, Tyrod can still reach near his level IMO. Colin Kapernick can be one play away from a SB win but not Tyrod?

The Jokeman
01-06-2017, 01:41 PM
So Russell Wilson can win a SB but not Tyrod, Tyrod can still reach near his level IMO. Colin Kapernick can be one play away from a SB win but not Tyrod?

Put Tyrod on the current version of the Seahawks, do you think they'd have the same record they have now? By comparison put Russell Wilson on the current version of the Bills, would they have the same record they have now? I'd venture to say the Seahawks have a worse record and the Bills have a better record. As a result I don't think Tyrod Taylor is an above average QB.

WagonCircler
01-06-2017, 01:54 PM
So Russell Wilson can win a SB but not Tyrod, Tyrod can still reach near his level IMO.

You're out of your mind. Tyrod will never be Russell Wilson.

Mahdi
01-06-2017, 01:58 PM
You're out of your mind. Tyrod will never be Russell Wilson.

I didn't say he would did I. I said he could get near his level.

Russell will always be more accurate.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2017, 02:02 PM

Hundley could be intriguing but I haven't heard anything that the Packers would be willing to move him.

WagonCircler
01-06-2017, 02:10 PM
I didn't say he would did I. I said he could get near his level.

Russell will always be more accurate.

And that's why Tyrod will never get near his level.

Mahdi
01-06-2017, 02:13 PM
We'll see I guess.

Either way I think that Tyrod still has a higher ceiling than we've seen. And that would be enough to go to and win in the playoffs provided we have a top defense.

WagonCircler
01-06-2017, 02:23 PM
We'll see I guess.

Either way I think that Tyrod still has a higher ceiling than we've seen. And that would be enough to go to and win in the playoffs provided we have a top defense.

I think the Bills beat one team with a winning record this entire season.

Even if they somehow lucked into the playoffs, there's no way they win a playoff game.

We've seen Tyrod's ceiling. He is what he is. And he's not good enough.

Gilly
01-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Not at that salary.

its $27 mil guaranteed over next 2 years right?

TT is worth 15 mil per next two years.

jimmifli
01-06-2017, 04:03 PM
Sign and draft. That's what they should do before letting Tyrod go. If they let him go it's probably sign, trade and draft.

Cutting an Ok player without any plans to replace him is par for the course. Why not 18?

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Sign and draft. That's what they should do before letting Tyrod go. If they let him go it's probably sign, trade and draft.

Cutting an Ok player without any plans to replace him is par for the course. Why not 18?

18! That's it! Ralph Wilson was golfing and cursed God who then punished him by denying the Bills the playoffs for 18 years. One year for each hole.

Ed
01-06-2017, 04:15 PM
Unless the Bills have a serious legit plan to upgrade the QB position this team can go F itself. Getting rid of the only decent QB this team has had in the last 12+ years just to go back to square one sounds terrible. But hey at least we'll have extra money to waste on overpaid free agents that can't help us win because we don't have a qb. Is this franchise trying to be a total disaster?

bdutton
01-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Really dumb if they do get rid of him. He's a decent QB that lead the team to a top 10 scoring offense. If anyone should be pointing fingers at failure should look at the other side of the ball. The Defense went from top 5 to bottom 5. If we had the schwartz D with the tyrod O we would probably be looking at a 13-3 season.

Thurmal
01-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Really dumb if they do get rid of him. He's a decent QB that lead the team to a top 10 scoring offense. If anyone should be pointing fingers at failure should look at the other side of the ball. The Defense went from top 5 to bottom 5. If we had the schwartz D with the tyrod O we would probably be looking at a 13-3 season.
How much of the offense's success is due to having the #1 (by a mile) rushing attack in the league, where the starting RB is a once-in-a-generation type player and his back-up led the entire league in YPC?

YardRat
01-06-2017, 05:18 PM
I like McCarron, just hate the idea of giving up assets to acquire him. Honestly can't recall ever seeing Hundley play in the preseason and would have to see some games before getting on board with him...stats really don't mean as much as the eye test. I can understand the 'don't get rid of until you have something better' philosophy, but the cost to retain Taylor is just too damn high to roll the dice on for a third season of 'maybe he'll get it this year'. Not a huge fan of Tyrod, and don't think he can elevate his play enough to win consistently without a Top 5 defense and special teams.

It's really too bad ownership and the front office ****ed up the last coaching hire by going with the blowhard, because the above was already in place and we could have actually seen what Tyrod could do under those circumstances. I'd be willing to give him one more shot and hope the new staff can seriously upgrade the defense and st's again, but not for more money than he made this season. I hope the two sides don't simply agree to part ways without some discussion regarding different terms of a new contract to replace the existing one.

Ed
01-06-2017, 05:30 PM
I would have liked to see a Tyrod O with a healthy Sammy Watkins too.

Turf
01-06-2017, 06:11 PM
The Bills front office is overly protective and secretive. When Whaley was asked something he said you guys will make whatever you want to out of it. Like some defiant little lying *****.
Why don't they just come out and say, we haven't made a decision yet in a press release, instead of a: Allowing a leak to come and b) Being silent about like they are cowering in a corner which gives credibility to it. c) essentially saying, hate us we don't care because you're all beneath us. That's really how they feel about fans and the media, we're all uninformed mutants who are nothing more than peons in their site. That's what pisses people off about they way they piously lord it over everyone. ****ing *******s.
How god damn unprofessional and micky mouse is this front office.

justasportsfan
01-09-2017, 11:25 AM
reports are that Lynn is a Tyrod fan. If Lynn is the coach I cannot see the bills simply making the decision to let Tyrod go at this point in time. If the report is true then Whaley is telling the next coach (especially Lynn) that he will have to coach the players Whaley decides to bring in, like Donahoe did.