PDA

View Full Version : Reports price for garolpolla

BillsOwnAll
01-06-2017, 12:10 PM
There's reports out pats will be asking for a 1st and 4th for him. I would do that in a heartbeat. 10th pick and a 4th rounders for a guy who if he was going to drafted this year would be a top pick. He's a little unknown but so are draft picks. And we suck at those

DraftBoy
01-06-2017, 12:13 PM
Not trading a Top 10 pick for Garoppolo.

Goobylal
01-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Hell no! Did well against two bad teams, couldn't even finish a game and a half before getting injured, played in the system that made Matt Cassel look like a star, and will want close to $20 million a year immediately after being traded. Not to mention that if Belichick is willing to trade him in the division, he knows he's not all that great.

swiper
01-06-2017, 12:29 PM
ROFL. Making a trade like that is pure stupidity. Let them keep him.

justasportsfan
01-06-2017, 01:05 PM
NO!

WagonCircler
01-06-2017, 01:53 PM
There's reports out pats will be asking for a 1st and 4th for him. I would do that in a heartbeat. 10th pick and a 4th rounders for a guy who if he was going to drafted this year would be a top pick. He's a little unknown but so are draft picks. And we suck at those

Now let's just put that into context.

Doug ****ing Whaley spent one first round pick, plus an additional experienced NFL Quarterback (an additional first and fourth) for a Wide Receiver.

Set aside the fact that he could have had his choice of better Wide Receivers, for a single first round pick, and setting aside the fact that he had no QB on the roster (and still doesn't).

Mind boggling.

And HE'S the one we're supposed to trust to pick the next HC and find the next QB?

How the HELL does this guy even have a job?

swiper
01-06-2017, 01:55 PM
No one can really seem to answer that.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2017, 01:59 PM
I can see the Browns being the only team who have the ability to make the trade the Pats want and have the need to do it also.

Titans also have two 1sts, but I don't see them having the need.

It's funny though reading some replies here when that's exactly what the Bills gave up to acquire Sammy Watkins. :rofl:

Mouldsie
01-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Now let's just put that into context.

Doug ****ing Whaley spent one first round pick, plus an additional experienced NFL Quarterback (an additional first and fourth) for a Wide Receiver.

Set aside the fact that he could have had his choice of better Wide Receivers, for a single first round pick, and setting aside the fact that he had no QB on the roster (and still doesn't).

Mind boggling.

And HE'S the one we're supposed to trust to pick the next HC and find the next QB?

How the HELL does this guy even have a job?
For all we know that was Brandon pulling the trigger on that trade though. That's the rumor I heard around town

Jaybird
01-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Also have you ever heard of negotiation. Who gives tre asking price. Secondly, wouldn't give anything more than a 4th

WagonCircler
01-06-2017, 03:15 PM
For all we know that was Brandon pulling the trigger on that trade though. That's the rumor I heard around town

Oh, then it MUST be true. Those "around town" rumors are always dead-on.

don137
01-06-2017, 03:40 PM
A second maybe but no way a first round pick.

djjimkelly
01-06-2017, 03:48 PM
no ty new england already swindled us on a 1st round pick during the brady era

Night Train
01-06-2017, 03:57 PM
Why talk about it ? Won't happen.

Ed
01-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Yeah let's trade for Garappolo when his value/asking price is at it's highest and help make NE even better. Great plan.

DynaPaul
01-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Did you learn nothing from the Bledsoe trade? Jeanine Garafaolo isn't even as good!

YardRat
01-06-2017, 06:02 PM
If I'm going to blow a first round pick on a QB, A)It isn't going to be on another Belichek leftover, and B)I'll take my chances drafting one on my own and keep the fourth in my pocket to use on another player...maybe even another QB.

The Jokeman
01-06-2017, 06:17 PM
I can see the Browns being the only team who have the ability to make the trade the Pats want and have the need to do it also.

Titans also have two 1sts, but I don't see them having the need.

It's funny though reading some replies here when that's exactly what the Bills gave up to acquire Sammy Watkins. :rofl:

Sammy is a Pro Bowl talent if can play a full 16 games. I can't say I think see the same watching Jimmy G.

Homegrown
01-06-2017, 06:18 PM
There's reports out pats will be asking for a 1st and 4th for him.

1st & 4th for a backup QB? .... Deja Vu all over again....that's the exact trade the Bills did when they acquired Rob Johnson ...not a good idea in 1998 or 2017

Arm of Harm
01-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Below is a list of the teams in the AFC East, and the number of franchise QBs each team has had.

Miami Dolphins: 2
New England Patriots: 1.5 (Brady and the first half of Bledsoe's career)
NY Jets: 1
Buffalo Bills: 1

Those franchise QBs account for all the Super Bowl championships, and nearly all the Super Bowl appearances, of the teams in the AFC East. Obtaining a franchise QB is an event which greatly enlarges your team's window of possibilities for at least the next decade.

The question then becomes: how likely is Garoppolo to become a franchise QB? I like what I've seen of him thus far, and I also feel he was a better draft prospect than Manuel or Losman. So there's a chance of him being a franchise QB, or at least the next Joe Flacco. On the other hand, you know that Doug Whaley isn't going to obtain a franchise QB through the draft. And it's unlikely he's going to do great things with a first or fourth round pick at non-QB positions either. Draft picks don't have as much value for the Bills as they would for a team with a real GM.

Novacane
01-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Hell no! Did well against two bad teams, couldn't even finish a game and a half before getting injured, played in the system that made Matt Cassel look like a star, and will want close to $20 million a year immediately after being traded. Not to mention that if Belichick is willing to trade him in the division, he knows he's not all that great.

That's the key. If BB is willing to trade him I don't want him!

Jimkelly12203
01-08-2017, 11:38 AM
And that is the essence of the problem with this crappy organization. We don't even know for sure who does what. About the only thing we DO know is that our GM does a LOT LESS than most NFL GMs.

There's no accountability. The franchise is an utter disaster.

BertSquirtgum
01-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Billy-B would be laughing his ass off all the way to the draft day podium if Doug-E Fresh was stupid enough to do such a ******ed trade. I hope there aren't any teams stupid enough to give these *******s even a 4th for him. **** the cheaters to death.

Goobylal
01-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Below is a list of the teams in the AFC East, and the number of franchise QBs each team has had.

Miami Dolphins: 2
New England Patriots: 1.5 (Brady and the first half of Bledsoe's career)
NY Jets: 1
Buffalo Bills: 1

Those franchise QBs account for all the Super Bowl championships, and nearly all the Super Bowl appearances, of the teams in the AFC East. Obtaining a franchise QB is an event which greatly enlarges your team's window of possibilities for at least the next decade.

The question then becomes: how likely is Garoppolo to become a franchise QB? I like what I've seen of him thus far, and I also feel he was a better draft prospect than Manuel or Losman. So there's a chance of him being a franchise QB, or at least the next Joe Flacco. On the other hand, you know that Doug Whaley isn't going to obtain a franchise QB through the draft. And it's unlikely he's going to do great things with a first or fourth round pick at non-QB positions either. Draft picks don't have as much value for the Bills as they would for a team with a real GM.

How likely is be to become a franchise QB? Not likely when he can't even make it through a game and a half. And playing well against 2 bad teams doesn't mean a lot, again when his team's system was able to make Matt Cassel look like a star. The draft pick and salary just further make the deal a dumb idea.

Mouldsie
01-08-2017, 03:17 PM
I liked Jimmy G coming out of college. Wouldn't trade for him given that hes a free agent in a year and we are not Jimmy G away from a super bowl just yet

feldspar
01-08-2017, 03:29 PM
Hard to believe that the Patriots would trade him at all if they thought he was worthwhile as a starter.

Brady ain't getting any younger.

DesertFox24
01-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Everyone forgets mallet and cassell looked good playing for pats. How did they turn out. Yeah Jimmy G will be the same

Mouldsie
01-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Hard to believe that the Patriots would trade him at all if they thought he was worthwhile as a starter.

Brady ain't getting any younger.

Brady shows no signs of slowing down and JG wont stay around after his contract is up. He's an asset they can use to add a piece to keep making SB runs

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone forgets mallet and cassell looked good playing for pats. How did they turn out. Yeah Jimmy G will be the same
Mallet did not look good. Cassell has some success in KC. This logic is bad regardless

feldspar
01-08-2017, 04:00 PM

Mallett did NOT look good with the Patriots. The guy completed ONE pass and also threw an INT during the regular season in his three year stint there. He was traded for like a 6th or 7th round pick...and they drafted him in the 3rd round. He basically did nothing.

Cassel looked pretty good, but he played on the Patriots team that went 18-1 the year before...probably the best team I remember ever seeing.he was traded to Kansas City along with Mike Vrabel (who had just made first team all-pro). He had his moments there...nothing spectacular, but he made the Pro Bowl, for whatever that's worth.

mdcas22
01-08-2017, 04:04 PM
nobody s learned there lesson when we traded for Rob Johnson... not enough body of work for me to even think of a trade, Id rather gamble on one of the rookies coming out this year.

feldspar
01-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Brady shows no signs of slowing down and JG wont stay around after his contract is up. He's an asset they can use to add a piece to keep making SB runs

The great ones usually don't show signs of dropping off...until they totally drop off suddenly.

Time will catch up to him very soon, even if it doesn't seem like it now IMO. And I'm not just saying that because I want it to be the case. ;)

The Pats would be in a tough spot if they really thought Jimmy G was really worthy of being the next guy.

mdcas22
01-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Mallett did NOT look good with the Patriots. The guy completed ONE pass and also threw an INT during the regular season in his three year stint there. He was traded for like a 6th or 7th round pick...and they drafted him in the 3rd round. He basically did nothing.

Cassel looked pretty good, but he played on the Patriots team that went 18-1 the year before...probably the best team I remember ever seeing.he was traded to Kansas City along with Mike Vrabel (who had just made first team all-pro). He had his moments there...nothing spectacular, but he made the Pro Bowl, for whatever that's worth.

people seem to forget that Cassel did take KC to the playoffs in 2010 he threw for 27 TD's and I think he had only 7 ints

Mouldsie
01-08-2017, 04:27 PM
The great ones usually don't show signs of dropping off...until they totally drop off suddenly.

Time will catch up to him very soon, even if it doesn't seem like it now IMO. And I'm not just saying that because I want it to be the case. ;)

The Pats would be in a tough spot if they really thought Jimmy G was really worthy of being the next guy.
They would have to cut Brady and sign Jimmy after next season. Seems pretty crazy but the Pats would be the one team that might pull it off.

I think they know JG is not a top 15 QB and so they would rather get some more to surround TB12 with.

Mad Max
01-08-2017, 04:33 PM
No more trades with NE. ever. Never.

We don't win those trades. Thank you. Good day.

DesertFox24
01-08-2017, 05:16 PM
I would trade nothing for him. I would rather tank and take a qb next year. I do not want to tank but if you made me pick jimmy or rookie after a tank job. My choice is rookie

GingerP
01-08-2017, 07:18 PM

The crazy thing isn't that he hasn't dropped off, it is that he seems to be improving. Over the last few years, he has improved his completion% (60.5% - 64.1% - 64.4% - 67.4%), Yds/Att (6.9 - 7.1 - 7.6 - 8.2) and QB Efficiency Rating (87.3 - 97.4 - 102.2 - 112.2) each year. He also turned the ball over less each year (Ints: 11 - 9 - 7 - 2, Fumbles Lost: 3 - 3 - 2 - 0). He is at an age where Peyton was cooked, yet he shows no sign of slowing.

Mace
01-08-2017, 07:46 PM
I don't really see the sense of spending anything on another maybe when we collect plenty of them anyway.

Albany,n.y.
01-09-2017, 11:44 AM
The people against a move for Garoppolo are ignoring a lot. He was a 2nd round pick, not a 7th like Cassel, who didn't even start in college. He didn't fall like Mallett did in his draft due to character issues. A lot of people say the Bills can't develop a QB. Well don't you think NE knows how with the best coaching in the NFL? He wasn't playing the Browns in those 2 games. He played against a team that went far in the playoffs the prior year in the opener & Miami is no slouch on D and made the playoffs this season. Did any of you watch those games? I saw the Miami game & at one point spoke with a friend & I said he looked better than Brady.

It's not like NE has some bum on their hands. They've groomed a 2nd round pick and now have to either trade him this off-season, franchise him after next season, or lose him for nothing after next year. They have to trade him, but they will get a 1st rounder back. Why let him go to Cleveland and have yet another worst team in the league skyrocket past us?

Would you go nuts if the Bills drafted a QB with pick 10 who has never even been in a NFL camp? If you wouldn't then why not a guy who has been learning for 3 years?

Stop with the can't trade with NE tin foil hat conspiracy theories. They have a good player who might be something special who they have to trade or get nothing back a year from now. Belichick is more interested in winning Super Bowl LII than worrying about trading a good QB in the division.

Goobylal
01-09-2017, 05:32 PM
The round he was drafted in means nothing. Especially when prior to him, the Cheaters hit on a 6th rounder, and then made a 7th rounder look good. As for the Browns, they'll take Trubisky. It won't cost them more than a 1st rounder and he'll be less than half the price.

Mr. Pink
01-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Sammy is a Pro Bowl talent if can play a full 16 games. I can't say I think see the same watching Jimmy G.

And we drafted him as a complete unknown.

There are plenty of WRs who are good in college who amount to nothing in the NFL.