PDA

View Full Version : Where does Tyrod end up in 2017

Albany,n.y.
01-06-2017, 02:13 PM
I looked at places he would start outside of Buffalo and came up with 4 possible teams: Chicago, San Francisco, NY Jets & Houston. He's not going to Denver-their interest of him came from Kubiak, who was with him in Baltimore and since that time they've drafted Siemien and Lynch (1st round).

Of the teams I have listed, I believe he'll end up on Da Bears.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2017, 02:14 PM
He won't be starting anywhere next year is my prediction.

justasportsfan
01-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Ravens

Ed
01-06-2017, 02:33 PM
He'll join the Jets and kick our ass twice a year.

Homegrown
01-06-2017, 02:36 PM
​CFL

stuckincincy
01-06-2017, 02:38 PM
On a world cruise with $27.5M extra in the bank.

kingJofNYC
01-06-2017, 02:45 PM
He won't be starting anywhere next year is my prediction.
LOL

Care to Wager? Willing to take a lifetime ban that he does if he's healthy.

trapezeus
01-06-2017, 03:02 PM
there are plenty of teams who will look at a 15-20 ranked qb who doesn't turn the ball over. they'll buy that they could do worse because they probably already have. they'll buy that their d is good enough and they'll buy that he's demonstrated that hes a good enough athlete that they can teach him the difference to get him from 15-20 to 10-15. and for 20MM a year, it's a steal vs other qbs.

kingJofNYC
01-06-2017, 03:16 PM
there are plenty of teams who will look at a 15-20 ranked qb who doesn't turn the ball over. they'll buy that they could do worse because they probably already have. they'll buy that their d is good enough and they'll buy that he's demonstrated that hes a good enough athlete that they can teach him the difference to get him from 15-20 to 10-15. and for 20MM a year, it's a steal vs other qbs.
It's funny, because if Tyrod is in that third tier, Bills will be looking for a qb in 4-5th tiers, 5th being first year starter.

DraftBoy
01-06-2017, 03:18 PM
Jets would make a lot of sense imo.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Bears and 49ers will both draft QBs.

Trubisky and Kizer...unsure of who will get which. They'll both start.

Houston already has an idiotic amount of money in Osweiler, you think they're gonna add another 15m to the QB position, no chance.

So that leaves the Jets and Broncos...Jets get Cutler, Broncos get Romo.

And this doesn't even take into account Pat Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Brad Kaaya who could end up going somewhere to start during the 2017 season.

Now, where is Tyrod starting exactly?

Edit to add - Also Jimmy G could end up traded and start somewhere to that mix.

DraftBoy
01-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Bears and 49ers will both draft QBs.

Trubisky and Kizer...unsure of who will get which. They'll both start.

Houston already has an idiotic amount of money in Osweiler, you think they're gonna add another 15m to the QB position, no chance.

So that leaves the Jets and Broncos...Jets get Cutler, Broncos get Romo.

And this doesn't even take into account Pat Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Brad Kaaya who could end up going somewhere to start during the 2017 season.

Now, where is Tyrod starting exactly?

Edit to add - Also Jimmy G could end up traded and start somewhere to that mix.

I'm not sure Chicago is going to move on from Cutler to start a rookie. It's possible, but I could see them drafting a QB in the first and letting them sit for a year with Cutler starting. That leaves the Jets still open which is where I think Tyrod is the best fit.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2017, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure Chicago is going to move on from Cutler to start a rookie. It's possible, but I could see them drafting a QB in the first and letting them sit for a year with Cutler starting. That leaves the Jets still open which is where I think Tyrod is the best fit.

Alright, say Chicago sticks with Cutler.

Then the Jets get to draft Trubisky or Kizer instead.

djjimkelly
01-06-2017, 03:50 PM
​CFL

i thought that as a first reaction. but lol the cfl is a pass heavy league. no team would want him

Night Train
01-06-2017, 03:56 PM
I honestly don't care.

I want a QB to throw passes in tight windows in order to beat winning teams.

Ed
01-06-2017, 03:56 PM
He could go to Jax and easily beat out Bortles for the starting spot assuming they even keep Bortles.

Tyrod is going to sign with a team before the draft, and even if that team drafts a QB in the first, they're not going to beat out Tyrod as a rookie. This qb draft class blows. Nothing but questionable projects.

Mr. Pink
01-06-2017, 04:01 PM
He could go to Jax and easily beat out Bortles for the starting spot assuming they even keep Bortles.

Tyrod is going to sign with a team before the draft, and even if that team drafts a QB in the first, they're not going to beat out Tyrod as a rookie. This qb draft class blows. Nothing but questionable projects.

Here's the difference between Tyrod and a rookie...

It's a known quantity that's not good enough vs an unknown quantity...the unknown quantity should always win in that argument.

Could all those rookie QBs completely blow? Certainly. But you won't find out til they start playing some NFL games. Mitch Trubisky could light the league up...Deshone Kizer could be the next Rick Mirer.

Mouldsie
01-06-2017, 04:24 PM
If Kubiak didn't retire I would have said Denver but the Jets do make a ton of sense

Mr. Pink
01-06-2017, 04:39 PM
LOL

Care to Wager? Willing to take a lifetime ban that he does if he's healthy.

What fun would a lifetime ban be? Then neither of us can rub it in each others face that they were wrong!

Since this is a message board I have no idea we could wager on a bet like this.

DynaPaul
01-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Buffalo. They'll redo his contract because there are no better options on the team, in FA, or in the draft. Until they can upgrade, Tyrod is the man.

kgun12
01-06-2017, 04:56 PM
What fun would a lifetime ban be? Then neither of us can rub it in each others face that they were wrong!

Since this is a message board I have no idea we could wager on a bet like this.

Easy to make a bold prediction, not so easy to stand behind. Either you believe he doesn't start somewhere or you don't, which is it?

Mr. Pink
01-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Easy to make a bold prediction, not so easy to stand behind. Either you believe he doesn't start somewhere or you don't, which is it?

Fine.

I'll take the bet of lifetime ban that tyrod starts nowhere next year in week 1 against whoever wants to take me up on it.

Hope it's not too many people that take me up on it though or else this place will be rather empty.

Besides, the only place he has any chance at starting in the NFL again is here and if this team is that stupid to start him again, I want no part in watching anything this team ever does again, including posting about them. Talking about this bum is exhausting as f***

YardRat
01-06-2017, 05:31 PM
New York probably makes the most sense of those listed, it's just so Buffalo-like. I would have picked Houston if they didn't already have Osweiler. I would add in Cleveland, and go out on a limb and say he ends up either with the Browns or the 49ers.

Mace
01-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Jacksonville. He'll be the not terrible QB who bridges the Jags as they move away from Bortles.

Mace
01-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Here's the difference between Tyrod and a rookie...

It's a known quantity that's not good enough vs an unknown quantity

I think the only problem with that is that Taylor is just good enough to not be "not good enough". He doesn't create turnovers from throwing wild. He's the perfect bridge guy while you tune up your rookie if you're not trying to work an air raid offense. Plus he's elusive and a very real running threat.

He's not going to lead a Super Bowl charge, but he's not going to goof things up while a team is tuning approach under a new HC implementing his program.

Mouldsie
01-06-2017, 07:46 PM
I think the only problem with that is that Taylor is just good enough to not be "not good enough". He doesn't create turnovers from throwing wild. He's the perfect bridge guy while you tune up your rookie if you're not trying to work an air raid offense. Plus he's elusive and a very real running threat.

He's not going to lead a Super Bowl charge, but he's not going to goof things up while a team is tuning approach under a new HC implementing his program.

He could win a SB if everything falls right, you know he would have won one in Denver last season if he didn't sign here. Peyton wouldn't have taken the job back the way he did from Osweiler.

That said, the Bills don't have the pieces Denver does/did.