• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Which college QB is better Pat Mahomes or Davis Webb

Both have size and an arm.

I think both will be there in round 2. How's these 2 translate to next level?
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Which college QB is better Pat Mahomes or Davis Webb

Sorry -I don't know these players.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mouldsie
      • Aug 2012

Mahomes was the better college player and I think has the edge but I haven't studied either enough yet

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

We are going to trade our second round pick for a higher first to show our ability to waste resources.

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

I've looked at Webb, Webb looks like late round trash to me.

Not sure about Mahomes, haven't looked at him yet.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Fixxxer
            • Jul 2002

Mitch Trubisky.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

How big are their hands?
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

ok, looked at Mahomes, terrible footwork, but unlike most QBs he has the arm to overcome it; of course he has the problem most QBs have with bad footwork, which is the football is scattershot, sometimes on target sometimes in the stands, he does have consistently the best deep ball of the QBs I've looked at. His offense doesn't ask him to really make any reads, and I don't see him make many. Mostly just throws it to his first read. The ball comes out fast. Gotta say he throws a lot of pro-quality footballs. ok in the pocket, what I liked about him is he LIKES throwing from the pocket, which most spread QBs just don't like doing. If I was in a front office I'd have him rated somewhere around the 3rd round, though considering the dearth of QB prospects in this draft, this kid might end up going in round 2. He reminds me of Brett Farvre, I mean the mechanics are a disaster yet he somehow seems to always have enough arm to get the ball there, still he definately doesn't have Farvre's cannon.

between Mahomes and Webb, Mahomes is a much better prospect. Webb can't even hold Mahomes' jock.
                Last edited by Ingtar33; 01-08-2017, 12:02 PM.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                  Sorry -I don't know these players.
                  Awesome

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  How big are their hands?

Webb was playing well and starting at Texas Tech and hurt his ankle in 2014, replaced by Mahomes. He then transferred to Cal for his final year in 2016 after Mahomes got hot and remained the starter. Cal needed a QB after Goff went #1 overall.

Mahomes can sling it,has good touch but throws far too many passes off his back foot. That won't fly on Sundays.

Webb looks like he has better mechanics and zips a nice ball in tight windows.

Still, this is NOT a draft where you pick a QB high.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

I like mahomes as a prospect. He also seems to have an IT factor. I realize they aren't national champs but he looks very confident and gets results in the game or two I saw. Obviously his YouTube highlights look good.

The little i saw on web, he's a dink and dunker. So many quick screens from shot gun. And I didn't think, wow he got the ball out fast. I thought, this offense blows

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                      We play to win the game!
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                      ok, looked at Mahomes, terrible footwork, but unlike most QBs he has the arm to overcome it; of course he has the problem most QBs have with bad footwork, which is the football is scattershot, sometimes on target sometimes in the stands, he does have consistently the best deep ball of the QBs I've looked at. His offense doesn't ask him to really make any reads, and I don't see him make many. Mostly just throws it to his first read. The ball comes out fast. Gotta say he throws a lot of pro-quality footballs. ok in the pocket, what I liked about him is he LIKES throwing from the pocket, which most spread QBs just don't like doing. If I was in a front office I'd have him rated somewhere around the 3rd round, though considering the dearth of QB prospects in this draft, this kid might end up going in round 2. He reminds me of Brett Farvre, I mean the mechanics are a disaster yet he somehow seems to always have enough arm to get the ball there, still he definately doesn't have Farvre's cannon.

between Mahomes and Webb, Mahomes is a much better prospect. Webb can't even hold Mahomes' jock.
                      Would you say both are better prospects than Chad Kelly?

And do they look like better prospects than Cardale coming out of Ohio state?
                      Last edited by BuffaloBlitz83; 01-08-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Might be worth taking Kelly in the 5th and rolling with him, Cardale, and a cheap vet. Then decide after the season what to do in 2018.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post

Mahomes > Kelly > Webb >>> Cardale

based on my casual viewing

Comment

• Mad Max
                            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                            • Mar 2003

I take Mahomes in the second round without blinking. I probably take him in the first to be honest.

He's in the bonkers "Air Raid Offense" which will inflate his numbers, but what he has I think is going to translate nicely as a pro. Big arm talent, size, speed, pocket awareness, escapability (always looking to pass before he runs)...he's a winner.

Also so he has had no protection at all, due to the nature of the offense/talent of OL and he still did what he did.

Lets get him.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post

Mahomes is a better prospect then Chad Kelly, Kelly is better then Webb.

and Mahomes and Kelly look better then Jones coming out. I would take Jones over Webb.

Seriously webb is a guy you draft in the 7th round. He shouldn't be getting any talk.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X