College Championship: Which prospects could/should be Bills next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

College Championship: Which prospects could/should be Bills next year?

A bunch of players from tonight's game are expected to be drafted in the first round this year, let alone the whole draft. I've already seen quite a few players from Bama and Clemson being regularly mocked to the Bills, so I'm interested in which players some of you are most interested in watching. Are there any players you really like or don't like? What are some less known players that could be good pickups in round 2 and beyond? I don't watch a lot of college football, but since this game has a lot of prospects I'm curious to hear any thoughts before, during, or after the game.

I'm probably most interested in watching WR Mike Williams since he's an intriguing player and looks like a definite possibility at #10.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: College Championship: Which prospects could/should be Bills next year?

Alabama has 5 guys in the top 16.

Get the latest NFL Draft prospect rankings from CBS Sports. Find out where your favorite all stacks up against the 2024 class and view expert mock drafts.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

I'll get back to you after the game...The player I'm excited to see though is Watson, he will rise like crazy after tonight.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I would run to the podium if Cam Robinson is still there.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Alabama's defense is loaded with NFL caliber talent.

I would be very reluctant to take a WR at 10, particularly one with a significant neck injury in his recent past.

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            Alabama has 5 guys in the top 16.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings
            Yeah I've seen some mocks with 7 or 8 Alabama players going in the first. And I've seen OT Robinson, CB Humphrey, and OLB T. Williams all going to the Bills at 10.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I wish Humphrey would have decided to stay for one more season.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Ed
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                I would run to the podium if Cam Robinson is still there.
                Is Robinson that good? This seems like a really weak OL class and Robinson is just benefiting as a result and being projected higher than he should be. There seem to be quite a few concerns about him at the next level for a guy that's the top OT. I'd rather just roll with Kouandjio in 2017.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  Is Robinson that good? This seems like a really weak OL class and Robinson is just benefiting as a result and being projected higher than he should be. There seem to be quite a few concerns about him at the next level for a guy that's the top OT. I'd rather just roll with Kouandjio in 2017.
                  It is a weak draft for offensive linemen.
                  Maybe in other years there would be linemen ranked above him.

The bottom line is he's a top 10-15 talent regardless of those factors.

He's big, great at run blocking, adequate at pass blocking, can anchor and also moves well enough. Maybe not top-notch athletic enough to play the left side, but definitely RT material (although that doesn't mean as much as it used to).
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Ed
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    It is a weak draft for offensive linemen.
                    Maybe in other years there would be linemen ranked above him.

The bottom line is he's a top 10-15 talent regardless of those factors.

He's big, great at run blocking, adequate at pass blocking, can anchor and also moves well enough. Maybe not top-notch athletic enough to play the left side, but definitely RT material (although that doesn't mean as much as it used to).
                    I've read conflicting things about him, but he's definitely a guy to keep an eye on. I found it interesting that in the cbs link Night Train provided, under Robinson's player profile, his "player comparison" is Cordy Glenn.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                      My reading says he's a RT and the Bills might kick Glenn over there. Kouandjio looked solid at LT the last few games.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

My reading says he's a RT and the Bills might kick Glenn over there. Kouandjio looked solid at LT the last few games.
                        Kouandjio is still only 23 years old and seems to finally be developing into the player people hoped he'd be, but he just wasn't ready right out the gate. It doesn't make sense to me to now use a top 10 pick to try and replace him with what appears to be a fairly similar player. Unless they're convinced that Kouandjio just isn't that good and Robinson is the real deal.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I'd be OK with that. I'd be even better with three solid OT's.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Clemson
                            QB Watson
                            RB Gallman
                            WR Williams
                            WR Scott
                            TE Leggett
                            DT Watkins
                            CB Tankersley
                            LB Boulware

Alabama
                            WR Stewart
                            WR/TE/HB Dieter
                            TE Howard
                            OT Robinson
                            DE Allen
                            LB Williams
                            LB Foster
                            CB Humphrey
                            CB/S Brown
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Love OJ Howard.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                              X