DC's McDermott (Carolina) & Richard (Seattle) - Favorites for HC ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

DC's McDermott (Carolina) & Richard (Seattle) - Favorites for HC ?

That's what I heard today. Pegula is impressed by both. Whaley wants Lynn and isn't happy.

We shall see. My people are pretty solid and work at OBD. Not etched in stone, so take it at face value.

Discuss my nonsense for giggles..
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: DC's McDermott (Carolina) & Richard (Seattle) - Favorites for HC ?

Whaley shouldn't be happy if Pegula gave him the wheel and has decided to make the final call instead.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Whaley shouldn't be happy if Pegula gave him the wheel and has decided to make the final call instead.
      Pegs asked Whaley to line up the candidates but he would make the selection.

I still think Whaley is a glorified scout.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Turf
        • Jul 2002

Whaley does what his boss says, he doesn't think about it and it doesn't affect him, he just does his job moving forward. He doesn't even ask why the head coach was chosen. He just gets to work.

The above satire being said, I think Lynn is a huge mistake, so if figures Whaley likes him.
        Last edited by Turf; 01-09-2017, 05:23 PM.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

I think you're right. The other thing floating around is that Pegulas plan on giving their new coach more power. So I mean you don't have a "GM" hiring his own boss.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Good, I like both candidates so I'd be happy either way.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Maybe that will get Whaley to quit and we can get a real GM.

Comment

• Mace
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                Maybe that will get Whaley to quit and we can get a real GM.
                Nah, he's got a good gig not doing or knowing anything without his bosses caring about it.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  Good, I like both candidates so I'd be happy either way.
                  I agree.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    I think you're right. The other thing floating around is that Pegulas plan on giving their new coach more power. So I mean you don't have a "GM" hiring his own boss.
                    Per WGR (Coach Sal) the "new power" is basically just complete control over the hiring/firing the coaching staff and support staff. Whaley will retain full control over the 53 man roster.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mace
                      • Mar 2013

Per WGR (Coach Sal) the "new power" is basically just complete control over the hiring/firing the coaching staff and support staff.
                      That seems a little peculiar though, doesn't it ? A coach usually has that anyway, find it hard to believe Ryan didn't. Never saw any sign Whaley did.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

That seems a little peculiar though, doesn't it ? A coach usually has that anyway, find it hard to believe Ryan didn't. Never saw any sign Whaley did.
                        Yea it does, I just can't figure out if its real or just face saving leak.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Per WGR (Coach Sal) the "new power" is basically just complete control over the hiring/firing the coaching staff and support staff. Whaley will retain full control over the 53 man roster.
                          Per local sports on NBC affiliate Channel 2 McDermott wasn't thrilled with the structure and it could be a sticking point for him.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

So 'heading the search' should be taken more literally than most of us did?
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              Per local sports on NBC affiliate Channel 2 McDermott wasn't thrilled with the structure and it could be a sticking point for him.
                              Yay...
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X