PDA

View Full Version : Gw Firing

quizlet2003
09-15-2002, 08:41 PM
(please dont ban me, Im only going to speak my mind...thankyou)

For all who think GW should be fired WHAT THE BEEPETY BEEP ARE YOU THINKING? He is a great coach. He is not a D or Special teams coach. He is a overall coach, and special teams had 1 bad play and played much better. He attacked that problem and got it solved.

As far as Defense goes. Unless you have a GREEEAAAAATTTT Defense, Minn will crush you in points. The key is to crush them more in points then them crush you. Considering who we where playing on Offense (bennet, moss, anderson, culpepper) we did good...

Now the 2 pt conversion. I will be the first one to admit it was a bad call. But you have to see the logic he was using. We had the momentum coming off of the TD. He talked to the people up-stairs and made a decision.

Here was the logic. If we make the 2 pt conversion and Minn scores a TD, we will WIN the game by FIELD GOAL. If we miss it or kick a FG and Minn scores (he knew they would), a FIELD GOAL would only TIE. Not win. I thought it was a decent choice that could of decided either way...

But please, get off his back. Wade Phillips wouldnt wear a headset for goodness sakes!!

venis2k1
09-15-2002, 08:48 PM
Ban him for being a Creed fan

quizlet2003
09-15-2002, 08:53 PM
Hey...lol~!

Novacane
09-15-2002, 08:58 PM
quiz....................I don't think he should be fired yet. He has time to prove himself and if he keeps winning that great! However for you to call him a "Great Coach" is very pre-mature! I hope over time he proves you right!

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 09:00 PM
Creed is evil

quizlet2003
09-15-2002, 09:03 PM
Creed is not evil!!

Anyway- Yes I do hope he proves that.

PA Season Ticket Holder
09-15-2002, 09:06 PM
You are wrong on the 2pt conversion, Quizlet. If we would've just kicked the extra point, then the FG at the end would've won the game. We missed it and all it did was tie. If we kick the extra point we're up by 5, if we make the 2 we're up by 6. Doesn't matter either way, a FG would've won it. BUT we missed it and were only up by 4, so the TD put us down by 3 instead of 2. The only way we would've been 3 behind is if the Vikes went and made a 2pt. conversion after their TD. Maybe that's what GW was worried about and why he went for it.

Does that explain it enough for you? I went in a tirade when he called for 2, and even more of a tirade when we missed it AND got the penalty on the kickoff that gave them the ball at the 40 yard line.

quizlet2003
09-15-2002, 09:06 PM
uhm--- we won!

lordofgun
09-15-2002, 09:11 PM
STUPID STUPID CALL by GW. Just plain Stupid. We won that game in spite of him.

quizlet2003
09-15-2002, 09:12 PM
Well- Your opinion!

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 09:12 PM
I repeat, creed is evil, lame, quasi-religious, sappy rock

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 09:13 PM
but I agree wityh you on oe thing, we won, that's all that really matters...

PA Season Ticket Holder
09-15-2002, 09:16 PM
Yeah we won but we shouldn't have even needed OT to do it. You better search for them extra screws you lost if you don't understand that basic math.

Buffarama
09-15-2002, 09:26 PM
I kept ranting about that stupid call to go for two. There was no logic behind it. It bought us nothing. A FG would have won instead of tie, and Minn needed a TD either way. There was no point to it.

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
Yeah we won but we shouldn't have even needed OT to do it. You better search for them extra screws you lost if you don't understand that basic math.

I agree, to a point... but all that matters in the end is the big W

TigerJ
09-15-2002, 09:32 PM
I was ready to ream you out, quizlet, for suggesting that GW be fired. He still makes mistakes but judgement has to be reserved until the end of the season. Obviously your point, while not the same as mine is not at odds with mine. It's not the time to fire GW.