PDA

View Full Version : Eagles interested in WR coach Lal

Mace
01-10-2017, 06:04 PM
Good, get him out of here.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/01/philadelphia_eagles_interested_in_buffalo_bills_wrs_coach_sanjay_lal_report.html

Watkins said :

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer

Here is what Sammy Watkins said Dec. 29 of Bills WRs coach Sanjay Lal, whom the Eagles have expressed interest in interviewing, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan: "That's the one guy I don't want to leave. If he leaves, I don't how my mindset would be, honestly. That's a guy that kind of groomed me into running routes and doing everything the right way. Mentality, both mental and physical. If he leaves, that will hurt. Because that's the guy that kind of helped this whole group form a mentality and shape us into professionals. He gave us the whole script, off the field, on the field. I think it's helping this wide receiver group and helping the players. If he leaves, that will hurt."

But Watkins also said :

"That is definitely what I'm happy about: having an offseason," he said Sunday. "I can go to the facility and work on the things I need. Honestly, for the last three years, I've just been getting by with talent and the coaches putting me in situations, but now I get to focus on having a legit offseason. I can train with the top receivers. Stuff like that is what I'm looking forward to."

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/27208/bills-sammy-watkins-leaning-toward-not-having-second-foot-surgery

So Lal was the guy who groomed him into just relying on talent I guess.

Clean out the Ryanish and good luck to Philly.

YardRat
01-10-2017, 06:29 PM
It will only hurt if Woods follows him.

Mace
01-10-2017, 06:37 PM
It will only hurt if Woods follows him.

I'm going to miss Woods...I like his ethic, but he can do better elsewhere, and we need to not get a blocking receiver, but one who can bookend the Watkins we're stuck with just in case we manage to come up with a pro quality passing game.