PDA

View Full Version : With SD & OAK moving starting to lose respect for NFL

Mike
01-11-2017, 09:43 PM
With Chargers and Raiders moving it's clear that the NFL doesn't give a shiit about its fans. It lets teams move because billionaire are expecting the public to fund their stadiums. There is zero loyalty from the owners and the NFL.

Game quality is also on the decrease. There is little consistency on the way refs call the games and they influence the end result way to much. The average game has becoming a snooze fest between 2 mediocre teams.

Seems like they only care about $$$

Mace
01-11-2017, 10:14 PM
With Chargers and Raiders moving it's clear that the NFL doesn't give a shiit about its fans. It lets teams move because billionaire are expecting the public to fund their stadiums. There is zero loyalty from the owners and the NFL.

Game quality is also on the decrease. There is little consistency on the way refs call the games and they influence the end result way to much. The average game has becoming a snooze fest between 2 mediocre teams.

Seems like they only care about $$$

Well, it's a business at the core. Can't blame Oakland, they've been putting up with a crap stadium and the city has been dorking around a long time. I mean there are pictures out there of sewage leaks and styrofoam cups taped to cracks to catch leaks.

San Diego, well, can't blame them either. Spanos has been milking his timeframe and they aren't stepping it up. California is pretty not motivated by some things.

I'd feel different if we were talking about the Pats, the Packers, or the Cowboys heading off to Monaco, London or Rio.

psubills62
01-11-2017, 10:30 PM
You're only now starting to lose respect for the NFL?

You have far more patience than I.

Turf
01-11-2017, 10:31 PM
What the NFL should really work on is High Quality HD coverage of their games, instead of this panoramic blimp view we get every game. Did you see how the college Championship was covered? Close-ups of the play, stunning shots and colors.
The NFL with all the money it makes are so tight in refs, ball quality, and camera coverage. Yeah I get to see 5 replays close up, or the guy running back to the huddle. Who cares. take advantage of the technology instead of taking advantage of the technology and being lazy. Of course that sums up half our ****ing population who can't tell the difference.

Mace
01-11-2017, 10:38 PM
What the NFL should really work on is High Quality HD coverage of their games, instead of this panoramic blimp view we get every game. Did you see how the college Championship was covered? Close-ups of the play, stunning shots and colors.
The NFL with all the money it makes are so tight in refs, ball quality, and camera coverage. Yeah I get to see 5 replays close up, or the guy running back to the huddle. Who cares. take advantage of the technology instead of taking advantage of the technology and being lazy. Of course that sums up half our ****ing population who can't tell the difference.

I don't want to see the pro games that well or I'd get aggravated and lose respect and interest.

Goobylal
01-11-2017, 10:49 PM
That's why you should respect Ralph and the Pegulas all the more.

Mr. Pink
01-11-2017, 11:08 PM
You didn't learn this back in 84 when Irsay moved the Colts in the middle of the night?

Or 95 when Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore?

The Baltimore Colts and Cleveland Browns are/were two of the most storied franchises in NFL history. The fact that both teams could move and were allowed to move should show you what the NFL as a corporate entity thinks of the "fans"

This doesn't even take into account the Houston Oilers or the Rams or the Cardinals.

feldspar
01-11-2017, 11:27 PM
The worst throng about the Raiders in the owner's bowl-cut...

I mean seriously, why?

Mike
01-12-2017, 02:57 AM
In Oakland the city is offering $350M
Ronnie Lott & Co are offering additional
$400M
And NFL + Raiders are asked to throw in $500M.

This is 1.25Billion total which is enough to build a very nice stadium but the owners are greedy.

The 1.25 Billion dollar stadium isn't enough.

swiper
01-12-2017, 05:16 AM
That's why you should respect Ralph and the Pegulas all the more.

Not an ounce more.

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't learn this back in 84 when Irsay moved the Colts in the middle of the night?

Or 95 when Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore?

The Baltimore Colts and Cleveland Browns are/were two of the most storied franchises in NFL history. The fact that both teams could move and were allowed to move should show you what the NFL as a corporate entity thinks of the "fans"

This doesn't even take into account the Houston Oilers or the Rams or the Cardinals.

Ah. Remember Bert Jones & the Baltimore Colts?

DraftBoy
01-12-2017, 05:52 AM

The College Game had plenty of nice shots but their play by play angle was atrocious.

DraftBoy
01-12-2017, 05:57 AM
In Oakland the city is offering $350M
Ronnie Lott & Co are offering additional
$400M
And NFL + Raiders are asked to throw in $500M.

This is 1.25Billion total which is enough to build a very nice stadium but the owners are greedy.

The 1.25 Billion dollar stadium isn't enough.

Las Vegas already offered $750M in public money, Alderson's group is offering $150M and Davis has already committed to $500M.

The cities $350M offer of public funds wasn't directly for the stadium construction, but rather for infrastructure improvements around the new stadium site. The Oakland offer is nowhere near what the Las Vegas offer is.

YardRat
01-12-2017, 06:11 AM
We keep supporting them by watching games every week, and tuning into the playoffs and Super Bowl even if our team isn't involved. It's gotten worse because now we even watch three days of the college draft and the NFLN seven days a week, 365 per year. Fantasy football leagues. It's our own fault, and I'm as guilty as anybody. Even though I don't really watch many other regular season games that don't involve the Bills (well, not nearly as many as I used to anyway) I still watch some, especially on Thanksgiving, etc. The Super Bowl is like a holiday at my house...I'll catch some playoff games...I play fantasy football and love the draft and the build up to it. Hate it when teams move, especially the ones with a real history like Baltimore, Cleveland and Oakland.

DraftBoy
01-12-2017, 06:12 AM
We keep supporting them by watching games every week, and tuning into the playoffs and Super Bowl even if our team isn't involved. It's gotten worse because now we even watch three days of the college draft and the NFLN seven days a week, 365 per year. Fantasy football leagues. It's our own fault, and I'm as guilty as anybody. Even though I don't really watch many other regular season games that don't involve the Bills (well, not nearly as many as I used to anyway) I still watch some, especially on Thanksgiving, etc. The Super Bowl is like a holiday at my house...I'll catch some playoff games...I play fantasy football and love the draft and the build up to it. Hate it when teams move, especially the ones with a real history like Baltimore, Cleveland and Oakland.

I agree with all of this expect the last sentence.

Novacane
01-12-2017, 07:12 AM
You just figured it out that money talks and bull **** walks? Of course they only care about money.

cookie G
01-12-2017, 08:23 AM
Hate it when teams move, especially the ones with a real history like Baltimore, Cleveland and Oakland.

And the Chargers were in SD for over 50 years but many don't see it as history. Its always been a strange relationship between San Diego and the Spanos'.

The Spanos family/SD relationship is a bit like the older couple that announces getting a divorce after they retire and become empty nesters.

Some might be shocked, but it turns out they never really liked each other all that much.

And when Spanos screamed "If you don't build me my man cave, I'm leaving!!" the City of San Diego said, "see ya".

The big question will be whether they will need to use tarps to cover up seats in the 27,000 seat venue the Chargers will be using.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-12-2017, 10:57 AM
If the NFL teams ever cared about their fans, they would pay for their own ****ing stadium.

Albany,n.y.
01-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Something smells funny here. An NFL team playing in a stadium that seats less than 30,000? I seriously doubt they'll be playing in the Stubhub Center in 2017.

psubills62
01-12-2017, 11:40 AM
If the NFL teams ever cared about their fans, they would pay for their own ****ing stadium.
Have seen a number of articles that show the financial benefits are not worth the cost in taxes. The public should not have to pay for the stadiums.

MidnightVoice
01-12-2017, 11:44 AM
We keep supporting them by watching games every week, and tuning into the playoffs and Super Bowl even if our team isn't involved.

What do you mean "we" :D

I don't even bother to watch Bills games when they are on anymore. And I won't be watching the playoffs or SB. I need a rest from all the suffering required to be a Bills fan

OpIv37
01-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Have seen a number of articles that show the financial benefits are not worth the cost in taxes. The public should not have to pay for the stadiums.

Yeah, for years they used that "financial benefit" excuse to spend taxpayer dollars on stadiums. "We'll put it in a struggling area and it'll create jobs and bring more tax revenue!" But pretty much every single study shows that it usually doesn't work out that way.

Most stadium jobs are seasonal and low paying. The only way it makes a difference is if they give people a reason to go to the area when there isn't a game/event.

DraftBoy
01-12-2017, 12:05 PM
The only way it makes a difference is if they give people a reason to go to the area when there isn't a game/event.

This.

If all you're going to do is build a stadium and the infrastructure to it then the project is never going to be worth what is being put in.

Mr. Pink
01-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Not an ounce more.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah. Remember Bert Jones & the Baltimore Colts?

I was more of a Mike Pagel guy!

ckg927
01-12-2017, 01:59 PM

THIS. And you can extend that to MLB, the NBA and the NHL.

YardRat
01-12-2017, 05:01 PM
The new logo sucks.

http://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/styles/marquee_large_2x/public/2017/01/12/c1-653wukaals-f.jpg?itok=MaCGeOC7