PDA

View Full Version : Terry Pegula regards talk of Bills dysfunction as an “insult”

Novacane
01-14-2017, 08:33 AM
The sports media rarely agrees on much. In the aftermath of the January 2 press conference from Bills G.M. Doug Whaley (during which Whaley said, among plenty of other confusing things, that he didn’t know why coach Rex Ryan was fired), the sports media universally came to the conclusion that the Buffalo Bills are dysfunctional.

The word sounds worse than it is. It simply means that something isn’t functioning in the usual way. When the General Manager of a football team doesn’t know why a coach was fired and had no involvement in the decision and no natural curiosity about what just happened, things aren’t functioning in the usual way.

Bills owner Terry Pegula previously took issue with the perception (reality) of dysfunction within the team. In an extended interview with Tim Graham of the Buffalo News, Pegula went on the offensive with the notion that he finds the criticism to be offensive.

“I know how I run my life, run our business,” Terry Pegula said. “I know how we treat people, and I know the people we have in our organization. You can’t pin 17 years on the Pegulas. We’ve been around for X-number of years. There’s no foundation, no truth to this dysfunctional talk. I consider it an insult to our organization and the Bills and the good people with the Sabres. They can’t be real happy to hear that.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/13/terry-pegula-regards-talk-of-bills-dysfunction-as-an-insult/

Novacane
01-14-2017, 08:37 AM
'Obviously, we don’t like stuff like that being said about us personally or about our community,” co-owner Kim Pegula told Graham. “We’re proud of Buffalo.”

HA HA. Nice try Kim. The dysfunctional talk has nothing to do with us fans and WNY. That may work on bills impossible but most of us agree you're organization is a joke.

SpikedLemonade
01-14-2017, 08:43 AM
I read the subject line as "Terry Pegula ******..."

Am I the only one?

Skooby
01-14-2017, 10:30 AM
I posted on there signed a bills fan, fire everyone left in management

sudzy
01-14-2017, 10:59 AM
The truth hurts.

Gilly
01-14-2017, 11:09 AM
It's the second year they owed the team and you guys expect no less than perfection in setting up a complete management team? Of course there is a learning curve.
Buffalo News writer TG is punk. He tried so hard to stir up crap with the wording of his questions. Sabres are finally headed in the right direction. Pegs will both figure things out soon enough..

sudzy
01-14-2017, 11:16 AM
It's the second year they owed the team and you guys expect no less than perfection in setting up a complete management team? Of course there is a learning curve.
Buffalo News writer TG is punk. He tried so hard to stir up crap with the wording of his questions. Sabres are finally headed in the right direction. Pegs will both figure things out soon enough..
They are 7th out of 8 teams in the Atlantic. At least they're not last...Stanley Cup here we come.

Gilly
01-14-2017, 11:33 AM
They are 7th out of 8 teams in the Atlantic. At least they're not last...Stanley Cup here we come.

They are 5 points out of a playoff spot. (yes with 15 other teams) Every game is a dog fight. I like our chances to make playoffs this year.

feldspar
01-14-2017, 12:06 PM
They are 5 points out of a playoff spot. (yes with 15 other teams) Every game is a dog fight. I like our chances to make playoffs this year.

I'm about six figures away from being a millionaire, too.

I made a few dollars yesterday, so I guess I'm certainly headed in the right direction...

One can only hope, and then make claims after the results are in. Time will tell, bit we are not anywhere at all with the Pegulas yet in any sport.