• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Hey, Pegs.

Thank you.

After browsing through Chargers and Raiders message boards, I am genuinely thankful that I have no fears about the team leaving. So while I piss and moan about the playoff drought and the idiots hired, I will always be thankful that the team is right where it belongs. Go Bills!
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

• Gilly
    Go Sabres!!
    • Sep 2012

Re: Hey, Pegs.

Second that. With no doubt.

“A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness,"

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Word. For all of Russ' faults, he deserves props for the bills staying.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

I'm glad he kept the Bills here. That doesn't give him an exemption from deserved criticism.

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Be prepared to be *****ed-slapped by the faction that criticizes the "just be happy we have a team" crowd...as though we SHOULDN'T be happen we have a team, or it's somehow any fan's fault why the team loses...

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
            Be prepared to be *****ed-slapped by the faction that criticizes the "just be happy we have a team" crowd...as though we SHOULDN'T be happen we have a team, or it's somehow any fan's fault why the team loses...
            **** them. I'm happy and critical. You can be both.
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
              It's not that you shouldn't be happy that you have a team. It's that we need to stop praising ownership for simply having a team and only praise them when they actually accomplish anything.

Ralph Wilson did one great thing : he brought Buffalo a team. But the team sucked for the overwhelming majority of his ownership. Yet, people lauded him because he didn't move the team. He did one good thing then got 50 years of accolades for simply not undoing the one good thing he did.

Looks like we are already starting down the same road with Pegula.

Is it the fans' fault that the team loses? Of course not. But when fans are content to simply have a team, it is the fans' fault that ownership has no motivation or incentive to do what it takes to win.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

You can still drink in a parking lot if there is no football game that follows.

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                  You can still drink in a parking lot if there is no football game that follows.
                  If you ever see a guy drinking and cooking a hot dog in an empty parking lot, go over and say hello to Spiked.

Comment

• Thurmal
                    • Oct 2005

I honest-to-God thought that team would be in Toronto. I still believe that Goodell and the NFL brass did everything in their power to make that possible, and Pegula stepped up and shut them down. I will always be grateful for his effort to keep the team in BFLO.
                    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                      If you ever see a guy drinking and cooking a hot dog in an empty parking lot, go over and say hello to Spiked.
                      Thank you for the introduction but your slavish mentality has you confused because I am a gourmet chef and NEVER cook hot dogs.

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                        Thank you for the introduction but your slavish mentality has you confused because I am a gourmet chef and NEVER cook hot dogs.

I find it awful hard to believe you can avoid wieners and buns no matter how you dress them up and call them something else, burger queen.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Nice job with the Chargers, Spanos/Goodell. I love LA. What a mistake.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            It's not that you shouldn't be happy that you have a team. It's that we need to stop praising ownership for simply having a team and only praise them when they actually accomplish anything.

Ralph Wilson did one great thing : he brought Buffalo a team. But the team sucked for the overwhelming majority of his ownership. Yet, people lauded him because he didn't move the team. He did one good thing then got 50 years of accolades for simply not undoing the one good thing he did.

Looks like we are already starting down the same road with Pegula.

Is it the fans' fault that the team loses? Of course not. But when fans are content to simply have a team, it is the fans' fault that ownership has no motivation or incentive to do what it takes to win.
                            Just like I said...not surprised this came from you, really...all due respect.

I'm sure you can differentiate between Pegula and Ralph though, right? Jaded as you are even? Ralph is dead.

And even you must realize that no fan is ever glad to pay to see a bad movie? There is no high ground in this discussion because we are all in exactly the same boat. Understand THAT do ya? Sometimes I wonder about you, Opie.

Dress warm.

When do you embark?
                            Last edited by feldspar; 01-14-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

I can't wait to hear these teams start to complain about LA as the teams in the past did.

Comment

Working...
                              X