PDA

View Full Version : Official BillsZone Training Camp Report & Photos from 7-28-03

Michael82
07-29-2003, 09:31 AM
The fifth day of practice kicked off today as it was the 2nd full squad practice where veterans and rookies were present. It was also a night practice, the first of two night practices, where tickets are required. The players practiced their usual 11 on 11, 7 on 7, special teams and even the 2 minute drill. They played in shoulder pads and shorts and made light contact. Afterwards, the whole team went to the fence and signed autographs for the fans. It was a pretty good day, nothing really exciting, but still fun to enjoy some football. Here's my take on what happened at camp tonight:

1. Drew Bledsoe looks very sharp on his passes and had a good night. Bledsoe successfully took the team down the field in the two minute drill. It only took him 1 minute and 8 seconds to do it. He had a bunch of nice connections with Eric Moulds and even few other guys like Josh Reed, Dave Moore and Bobby Shaw. One of the highlights of the night was a 50 yard bomb to Josh Reed. CLICK HERE FOR MORE: (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=7&state=news&nid=5709)

NewYorkCity Backers
07-29-2003, 09:59 AM
Great job mike! Again...

Novacane
07-29-2003, 10:07 AM
God job mike.................I heard the same thing about Marcus Jones on WGR. Thier beat reporter was saying he is a really nice guy and becoming a media favorite too. Thats nice to hear!

Pride
07-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Top Notch my friend... top notch!

lordofgun
07-29-2003, 10:16 AM
:bf1:

TypicalBill
07-29-2003, 10:29 AM
:jump:

ryven
07-29-2003, 10:53 AM
I hope henry doesn't get fumbletitis again and fixes this problem quick

ryven
07-29-2003, 10:54 AM
but every thing else sound great.

Halbert
07-29-2003, 10:56 AM
My favorite part:

7. Marcus Jones looks like he is ready. He was coming into the pocket and forcing Drew to pass many times. He also would have had at least 2 sacks on Bledsoe. Jones could possibly be the pass rusher that we have all been waiting for. I sure hope so.

ryven
07-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Is it a possibility that the reason henry is having a problem running up the middle do to the fact he doesn't have that little extra body fat so he is not as heavy so he may be easier to bring down? or pretty much do to the fact we have a better D I am hoping its the better D.:feedback:

ryven
07-29-2003, 11:13 AM
bump

Novacane
07-29-2003, 11:21 AM
I think it's the better D Ryven...............who would you rather be running up against...................Eddie Robinson and Justin Bannan or Takeo Spikes and Sam Adams:D

Pride
07-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Exactly... I am not concerned about Henry not being as good as last year. What this report tells me is that our Run D is MUCH better than last year. TH will get his yards this year... hopefully our D will prevent the opposition from doing the same!

ryven
07-29-2003, 11:50 AM
I guess I am just expecting to much from the players at this point since it is only TC.

Mr. Miyagi
07-29-2003, 12:02 PM
Great job again Mike! :up: Always look forward to reading your report!

Billsbabee
07-29-2003, 12:28 PM
You da fan, uh, man. Keep up the good work. :up:

lordofgun
07-29-2003, 01:00 PM
The O-line sounds like it is sucking! Or maybe our D is just amazing.

Brian H
07-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Hey did you guys use that Williams pic from the USA Today??? saw that same pic in that paper......

lordofgun
07-29-2003, 01:02 PM
Yep, we STOLE it! :up:

Dozerdog
07-29-2003, 01:09 PM
Got the pic off Yahoo- it's an AP photo

Brian H
07-29-2003, 01:19 PM
Awesome!!!! I thought you guys stole that pic and made it look like it was yours considering theres no proper credit given! Awesome tho!

Dozerdog
07-29-2003, 01:21 PM
look again-

Is this the same Brian H who got busted by Mike Doser for putting up entire Shout premium articles?

I guess you learned from the lawyers...LOL

Are you a member of the Rick from Scottsdale school of journalism?

Brian H
07-29-2003, 01:22 PM
Awesome! I love this place!

Michael82
07-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by NewYorkCity Backers
Great job mike! Again...

No problem, bro! :up:

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Good job mike.................I heard the same thing about Marcus Jones on WGR. Thier beat reporter was saying he is a really nice guy and becoming a media favorite too. Thats nice to hear!

Thanks FTG! :D Yeah, he is really a nice guy. I was amazed at how friendly he was. He should become a fan favorite, especially if he has a good season.

Originally posted by Pride
Top Notch my friend... top notch!

Thanks Pride! :D

Originally posted by lordofgun
:bf1:

:D

Originally posted by TypicalBill
:jump:

I'm glad you like it, TB! :up:

Originally posted by ryven
I hope henry doesn't get fumbletitis again and fixes this problem quick

He won't. Don't worry. :D

Originally posted by Halbert
My favorite part:

Thats one of my favorite parts too! :D

Is it a possibility that the reason henry is having a problem running up the middle do to the fact he doesn't have that little extra body fat so he is not as heavy so he may be easier to bring down? or pretty much do to the fact we have a better D I am hoping its the better D.:feedback:

No, I think it's because of the D. They look much faster than last year and they also look more aggressive. This should be a good year for the Bills defense, IMO.

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I think it's the better D Ryven...............who would you rather be running up against...................Eddie Robinson and Justin Bannan or Takeo Spikes and Sam Adams:D

EXACTLY!!!

Originally posted by Pride
Exactly... I am not concerned about Henry not being as good as last year. What this report tells me is that our Run D is MUCH better than last year. TH will get his yards this year... hopefully our D will prevent the opposition from doing the same!

Yup, you hit the nail on the head, Pride! :up:

I guess I am just expecting to much from the players at this point since it is only TC.

No, we all are. :snicker:

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Great job again Mike! :up: Always look forward to reading your report!

Thanks, MM! :up:

Originally posted by Billsbabee
You da fan, uh, man. Keep up the good work. :up:

Thank you very much, Billsbabee! :D

Originally posted by lordofgun
The O-line sounds like it is sucking! Or maybe our D is just amazing.

No, our oline looks better than last year at training camp. They are all gelling nicely and I have not seen many penalties by them either. Mike Williams and Jonas Jennings are the glue that hold this great line together. :D

Michael82
07-29-2003, 02:19 PM
Man, I love that multiple quote feature! :D :up: