X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

the 4 qbs left

all 4 qbs, the gangster aaron rodgers, matt ryan , big ben , and marsha brady. all make tyrod look like a joke.

tyrod twice or 3 times better then he is still is not half of any of these guys i listed.

so whether the bills keep tyrod(id cut him today) everyone truly needs to ask themselves.

does tyrod have the ability to play at any of these guys level? NO

if he studied 30 hours a day and practiced another 30 hours a day.

tyrod will never deserve to bring these guys their water let alone be one of the 32 qbs in this league
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: the 4 qbs left

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post

does tyrod have the ability to play at any of these guys level? NO

These guys are elite passers. Tyrod is not even close. Problem is, where will you find elite passers like the guys you mentioned in the mean time? Tyrod is a very good caretaker who can run the ball. We may have to SETTLE with such a qb while we look for or groom an elite passer. Problem is, I wouldn't pay him 15 million per year .
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

ill say that settling for average qbs have hindered our getting one for real.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        These guys are elite passers. Tyrod is not even close. Problem is, where will you find elite passers like the guys you mentioned in the mean time? Tyrod is a very good caretaker who can run the ball. We may have to SETTLE with such a qb while we look for or groom an elite passer. Problem is, I wouldn't pay him 15 million per year .
        Yes, the salary makes Tyrod an impossible option. The problem with settling for a mediocrity is they'll win too many games to get a no-brainer pick to replace them, and with the Bills QB scouting history, they need the no-brainer pick, and they lose too many games to be a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Could a Taylor get a team to the playoffs? Yes, with the right D, but a quick playoff exit is a virtual guarantee with Tyrod at QB if he ever got in.

Just look at yesterdays Dallas/Green Bay game. At the end, both QBs would not be denied. One would drive for a score & the other would too. These guys were marching down the field with literally seconds on the game clock putting their team in a position to win. Now look at Tyrod Taylor. With the exception of one 4th quarter drive against a bad Tennessee team in 2015, the guy cannot bring a team back. His supporters will point to the Miami game this December to refute that, but even that game confirms his lack of ability. Yes, he brought the team back once, but unlike the ability we saw in both Prescott, a rookie, and future HOFer Rodgers, he still couldn't keep it up after bringing the team back once. These 2 did it every time late in the game. (and they also have much better kickers than Carpenter, but that's another matter). After Miami tied the game & sent it into overtime, Tyrod couldn't get the job done with the game on the line. Yes, you can blame Carpenter for missing the OT field goal, but the bottom line is that the play before that field goal attempt, Tyrod failed with an incomplete pass. Also, before the Bills final punt, Tyrod also failed with an incomplete pass. He's just not good enough, especially at his salary.

The biggest problem isn't his salary for 2017, it's the bonus $ and the dead cap space it would create WHEN he's replaced. Tyrod is a guy a team will always be looking to improve upon. They can't tie themselves to him on a long term contract, since eventually he'll create too much dead cap space.
        Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 01-16-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• cookie G
          • Mar 2003

Rodgers showed again why he's one of a kind;
          Ryan picked apart one of the best pass D's in the game, and looked like he was having fun doing it;
          Brady was Brady...he overcame a slow start and some mistakes against the best D in the league and eventually wore them down/figured them out;

But Big Ben...well, again, a damn good QB

But the Steelers won last night despite him and not because of him. Damn..its a playoff game and he didn't engineer a single TD drive, while going 0 for the game in the redzone.

I heard Collinsworth talk about the win last night and made the comment "Its all about the QB". I thought, if THAT isn't a slap in the face to Leveon Bell and the Steelers defense...

Because it was really all about them last night.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
            ill say that settling for average qbs have hindered our getting one for real.
            How many of the qbs you mentioned are available out there? Romo. I'll take him if he wants to come to buffalo. Draft, I'm all for it. He would still have to be groomed even at 10.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              How many of the qbs you mentioned are available out there? Romo. I'll take him if he wants to come to buffalo. Draft, I'm all for it. He would still have to be groomed even at 10.
              It's not even so much the particular QBs, but you can at least help yourself by drafting smart, accurate pocket passers.

But that's not what Doug Whaley does. And we won't win until he's gone.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

I was thinking about this issue after the games yesterday. Arguably the 4 best QB's in the league are still standing. Finding an elite QB is the Holy Grail but half this board thinks Taylor is either worth keeping on his own merits or worth keeping because he's the best option. That line of thinking only makes sense if winning a championship isn't the goal. Because the 3 guys on our roster now will never ever be good enough. I don't have a solution.

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by cookie G View Post

But the Steelers won last night despite him and not because of him. Damn..its a playoff game and he didn't engineer a single TD drive, while going 0 for the game in the redzone.

I heard Collinsworth talk about the win last night and made the comment "Its all about the QB". I thought, if THAT isn't a slap in the face to Leveon Bell and the Steelers defense...
                  I don't care for Mike Tomlin. In fact, I'm a wanna be hater. But to be honest, he's done well there. And your post underscores the fact that he's held the ship together with or without Roethlisberger there and done a fairly competent job overall.

Comment

• Swiper
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                    It's not even so much the particular QBs, but you can at least help yourself by drafting smart, accurate pocket passers.

But that's not what Doug Whaley does. And we won't win until he's gone.
                    Some or all of those guy's teams got the QB and built the team around him. The Bills keep trying to build a team and use whoever they can get to play QB.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Those four are in a class by themselves right now, and even if you only count through the number of QB's that have been drafted and 'failed' to achieve that status since Brady came into the league it should be glaringly apparent how difficult it is to snag one.

You gotta try, though, and keep on trying until you hit on one, but you can only try so much. You can't draft seven QBs every year or sign every free agent available until you hit on one, you have to take your shots selectively and hope like hell you end up being 'right' even though the odds are almost insurmountable against you.

The guys that drafted Rodgers, Ryan, Ben and Brady aren't necessarily smarter or better than everybody else, they are simply 'luckier'.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
                        • Sep 2010

This says it all about the importance of a QB:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/16/brady-ben-peyton-are-14-of-the-last-16-afc-super-bowl-quarterbacks/

For the 14th time in the last 16 years, the AFC Super Bowl team will be quarterbacked by Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger or Peyton Manning.

Here’s a list of the starting AFC quarterbacks in the Super Bowl for every season in the 21st Century:

2001: Tom Brady, Patriots

2002: Rich Gannon, Raiders

2003: Tom Brady, Patriots

2004: Tom Brady, Patriots

2005: Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers

2006: Peyton Manning, Colts

2007: Tom Brady, Patriots

2008: Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers

2009: Peyton Manning, Colts

2010: Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers

2011: Tom Brady, Patriots

2012: Joe Flacco, Ravens

2013: Peyton Manning, Broncos

2014: Tom Brady, Patriots

2015: Peyton Manning, Broncos

2016: Brady or Roethlisberger

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

The guys that drafted Rodgers, Ryan, Ben and Brady aren't necessarily smarter or better than everybody else, they are simply 'luckier'.

Agree and disagree. It takes luck for sure but we've had our shots at franchise QB's and our stupid management has screwed the pooch. Everyone knows NE was just lucky with Brady. I don't blame the Bills for not taking him. Atlanta's luck was that they sucked bad enough to get a top 3 pick.

The guys that drafted Ben R and Rogers were just lucky that Tom Donahoe was a dumb moron. We needed a QB and instead of moving up 2 spots for Ben R he takes a WR. He then compounds that stupidity and blows the next years first that could of been Rogers on JP. You can say at least he tried with JP but why not give up only a 2nd and move up for the QB in that draft that everyone agreed was a better prospect than JP? Oh that's right. Then we wouldn't have gotten that fast undersized WR with no QB to throw to! Stupid fans don't know anything!

We should of had Russell Wilson but nooooooooo. When we traded up I was sure it was for Wilson! What does dumb Buddy do? Draft another tiny WR that's not even in the league anymore. Why would we take a QB when we have Ryan Fitzpatrick? Stupid fans don't know sheeot! I agree it takes luck but it also takes competent people drafting which we haven't had! Teams that don't have a franchise QB should be drafting a QB at least every other draft.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            Doug Whaley wouldn't have drafted ANY of those QBs.

ESPECIALLY Aaron Rodgers. It was a brilliant, patient choice by a GM who already had Iron Man Brett Favre on the roster. Clearly, Brady was the smartest draft choice ever.

I know you think he's a better GM than Polian was, but that's just the insanity talking.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Yeah, I agree our GM's have bitten themselves in the ass with some of their questionable moves (especially Donahoe...he ****ed us more than once). To me giving up a first-rounder in a trade for Johnson...or Bledsoe...or Losman...is far more egregious than whiffing on EJ.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X