PDA

View Full Version : Conference Championship Picks

YardRat
01-16-2017, 03:53 PM
Goodell is creaming his jeans over this one.

Green Bay over Atlanta...New England over Pittsburgh.

Aaron Rodgers vs Tom Brady. It doesn't get any better than that.

Why? Because it's rigged?

Mr. Pink
01-16-2017, 04:29 PM
New England vs Atlanta.

WagonCircler
01-16-2017, 04:31 PM
Goodell is creaming his jeans over this one.

Green Bay over Atlanta...New England over Pittsburgh.

Aaron Rodgers vs Tom Brady. It doesn't get any better than that.

Why? Because it's rigged?

If it was rigged, Dallas would still be in it.

DraftBoy
01-16-2017, 04:37 PM

Dallas doesn't bring the numbers nationally it once did.

DynaPaul
01-16-2017, 05:01 PM
Rodgers winning and sending Brady to hell is the desired result.

Mace
01-16-2017, 05:05 PM
New England vs Atlanta.

That's my thought as well. Expecting a couple good games though.

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2017, 06:13 PM

I was told today on FB that the NFL wouldn't be profitable without Dallas.

Mr. Pink
01-16-2017, 07:04 PM
That's my thought as well. Expecting a couple good games though.

I expect a good game on the NFC side and a two touchdown victory for New England on the AFC side.

DraftBoy
01-16-2017, 07:30 PM

I don't believe that is true, though I don't have the exact figures at this moment to back it up.

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2017, 07:41 PM
I don't believe that is true, though I don't have the exact figures at this moment to back it up.

It's not even close.

Mace
01-16-2017, 07:43 PM
Was just reading about the Antonio Brown facebook video of Tomlin calling the Pats *******s, Steelers fans saying it isn't such a big deal.

Heh.

Mace
01-16-2017, 07:45 PM

I can't believe that. Do you have some numbers and links ?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2016/02/29/thanks-to-roger-goodell-nfl-revenues-projected-to-surpass-13-billion-in-2016/#768a46353278

Dr. Lecter
01-16-2017, 07:59 PM
This guy also thinks the earth is 6,000 years old.

He's not real big on accuracy

Mace
01-16-2017, 08:17 PM

?

Mr. Pink
01-16-2017, 08:20 PM

The real question is does he believe the Earth is flat!

Mace
01-16-2017, 08:22 PM

I do, I can never get beyond the horizon and I'm certainly not running upside down.

Never considered that, did you Pink ? Bet you've never gone past it upside down either.

stuckincincy
01-16-2017, 08:26 PM

How did the world go from flat to round to crooked?

Skooby
01-16-2017, 09:01 PM
New England is the Iron Sheik from Wrestlemania !!

stuckincincy
01-16-2017, 09:22 PM
Regardless of the outcomes, the NFL is pleased, The Four Darlings (PGH, NE, DAL, GB) have had playoff games.

Other teams get in, have appearance streaks and wins, but the Darlings do a real good job of pulling in the TV ratings (advert $$$) from the non-NFL cities and regions.

swiper
01-17-2017, 12:45 PM

Goodell forgot to pay off Mason Crosby. That's the explanation for that.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-17-2017, 02:35 PM
Cheaties v. Packers.

TacklingDummy
01-17-2017, 04:51 PM
NE vs AF

Hopefully Brady gets his 5th ring.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-17-2017, 04:53 PM
Pittsburgh, after violently injuring Brady, vs Green Bay.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-17-2017, 04:54 PM

Why not? It's profitable without Oklahoma City.

YardRat
01-17-2017, 04:55 PM

I never wish injury on anybody, but that doesn't mean I have to feel bad about it if it does happen.

Mace
01-17-2017, 06:21 PM

I find it hard to believe Pittsburgh will injure Brady vs Green Bay, though they might injure him in the game vs New England.

Just my two cents.

WagonCircler
01-17-2017, 08:31 PM

Great stuff. Just post made up bull**** and see if anyone notices.

Four of the five most-watched games this season involve the Cowboys. And only two of them were when Dallas faced one of their NFC East rivals, when there’s a long-standing rivalry.

Most watched NFL games in 2016:
1. DAL-WASH: 35.1M viewers
2. DAL-PIT: 28.9M
3. DAL-GB: 28.0M
4. DET-MIN: 27.6M
5. DAL-NYG: 27.5M

The 35.1 million viewers who watched Dallas host Washington on Thursday made it the most-watched regular-season NFL game on Fox history. And according to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, it’s the most-watched non-playoff game since Thanksgiving 1995, a game that saw the Kansas City Chiefs travel to – where else? – Dallas.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/four-of-the-five-highest-rated-nfl-games-of-the-season-involve-one-team-210540587.html

We learned earlier this NFL season that even as the league was seeing a decline in ratings (they did come back up after the Nov. 8 presidential election), there was one way to almost guarantee lots of viewers: make sure the Dallas Cowboys were involved.

That was proven true again on Sunday evening, as not only was the Cowboys’ last-second divisional round loss to the Green Bay Packers the highest-rated game of the four NFL playoff games this weekend, it was the highest-rated divisional round game on any network in 20 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cowboys-deliver-big-ratings-again-game-vs-packers-draws-more-viewers-than-world-series-game-7-162209842.html

stuckincincy
01-17-2017, 09:50 PM

Four of the five most-watched games this season involve the Cowboys. And only two of them were when Dallas faced one of their NFC East rivals, when there�s a long-standing rivalry.

The 35.1 million viewers who watched Dallas host Washington on Thursday made it the most-watched regular-season NFL game on Fox history. And according to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, it�s the most-watched non-playoff game since Thanksgiving 1995, a game that saw the Kansas City Chiefs travel to � where else? � Dallas.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/four-of-the-five-highest-rated-nfl-games-of-the-season-involve-one-team-210540587.html

We learned earlier this NFL season that even as the league was seeing a decline in ratings (they did come back up after the Nov. 8 presidential election), there was one way to almost guarantee lots of viewers: make sure the Dallas Cowboys were involved.

That was proven true again on Sunday evening, as not only was the Cowboys� last-second divisional round loss to the Green Bay Packers the highest-rated game of the four NFL playoff games this weekend, it was the highest-rated divisional round game on any network in 20 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cowboys-deliver-big-ratings-again-game-vs-packers-draws-more-viewers-than-world-series-game-7-162209842.html

No doubt about DAL being a big draw. Those were all "plum" games.

But I add, most of their games are broadcast in huge numbers of markets. Those weekly posts I put up - TV Game Distribution, linking to the maps from the website 506 Sports - prove that.

WagonCircler
01-17-2017, 10:08 PM
But I add, most of their games are broadcast in huge numbers of markets. Those weekly posts I put up - TV Game Distribution, linking to the maps from the website 506 Sports - prove that..

And, why do you suppose that is? Because they're a huge draw, especially now that they're winning again.

I hate them, but the facts are the facts.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
01-18-2017, 12:03 AM
I never wish injury on anybody, but that doesn't mean I have to feel bad about it if it does happen.. It's not a wish. A prediction.

I find it hard to believe Pittsburgh will injure Brady vs Green Bay, though they might injure him in the game vs New England.

Just my two cents. you removed a comma to gramma-slam me, TOM.

Historian
01-18-2017, 09:21 AM
I would love to see the Pack win it all, but I think their luck runs out this week.

New England over Atlanta 34-10 in the SB.

What is Nelson's status?

DraftBoy
01-18-2017, 09:37 AM

Four of the five most-watched games this season involve the Cowboys. And only two of them were when Dallas faced one of their NFC East rivals, when there’s a long-standing rivalry.

The 35.1 million viewers who watched Dallas host Washington on Thursday made it the most-watched regular-season NFL game on Fox history. And according to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, it’s the most-watched non-playoff game since Thanksgiving 1995, a game that saw the Kansas City Chiefs travel to – where else? – Dallas.

That was proven true again on Sunday evening, as not only was the Cowboys’ last-second divisional round loss to the Green Bay Packers the highest-rated game of the four NFL playoff games this weekend, it was the highest-rated divisional round game on any network in 20 years.

Here's the issue with your articles, all of the Dallas games they picked where either when they were the sole national game on in the time slot or a specialty game:
Dallas v. Washington - Thanksgiving
Dallas v. Pittsburgh - Fox National Late
Dallas v. Green Bay - Fox National Late
Dallas v. NY Giants - Sunday Night Football

If you're only by going by the numbers when they are the only option then of course their draw is going to look good, but what happened when they were up again other options?
Dallas v. Philadelphia - 9.65 Rating (3rd -Week 17)
Dallas v. Baltimore - 10.2 Rating (3rd - Week 11)
Dallas v. Cincinnati - 12.1 Rating (1st - Week 5)
Dallas v. Washington - 11.0 (3rd - Week 2)

Any good team can pull big numbers when they are the only game on, but when Dallas is H2H with other game options they don't have the pull they once did. That's not say they are bad or don't have a national audience because they do, but it has lessened.

Bill Cody
01-18-2017, 09:41 AM
I expect both these games to be shoot outs and both close. People that think NE is going to roll over Pitt are wrong, Pitt has a great QB, a great receiver and a great RB, they're going to score a bunch of points.
Turnovers will probably decide both games as the offenses of all 4 teams are basically unstoppable. Which for me is kind of a problem, I find today's game nowhere near as good as it used to be, pass happy game with teams going up and down the field all day. Anyway I think it'll be NE 38 Pitt 35 and Atlanta 35 GB 31

YardRat
01-18-2017, 06:37 PM
I expect both these games to be shoot outs and both close. People that think NE is going to roll over Pitt are wrong, Pitt has a great QB, a great receiver and a great RB, they're going to score a bunch of points.
Turnovers will probably decide both games as the offenses of all 4 teams are basically unstoppable. Which for me is kind of a problem, I find today's game nowhere near as good as it used to be, pass happy game with teams going up and down the field all day. Anyway I think it'll be NE 38 Pitt 35 and Atlanta 35 GB 31

Do you think KC's defense is that much better than New England's?

Mace
01-18-2017, 06:59 PM
you removed a comma to gramma-slam me, TOM.

Because it was fun. I'm that heinous I tell you.

SpikedLemonade
01-19-2017, 10:53 AM
Packers and Patriots.

Bill Cody
01-19-2017, 11:02 AM
Do you think KC's defense is that much better than New England's?

No, but I wouldn't predict KC to hold Pitt to 6 FG's if they played again this week, unusual for Pitt to bog down in the red zone time after time after moving it very well between the 20's. Both Pitt and NE did not have their A games last week. For NE, Brady was off and they had 3 turnovers, doubt that happens again. And Pitt scored 16 on NE without Rothlisberger in October, they should do better with him.

toto8
01-19-2017, 12:48 PM
My favorite team for this playoffs was Dallas I really like Dak Prescott; that GB vs DAL games was great. Dak didn't look like a rookie at all specially after that drive with 1:35 left to tie the game anyways I think it will be PIT vs ATL Matty Ice really wants a ring and he will probably play lights out and on the AFC side I, like a lot of us HATE the patriots also the bumble bees (Ben, Brown and Bell) will be hard to cover.

Bill Cody
01-22-2017, 08:56 PM
I had the winners but both were blowouts not close. Guess I'll keep my day job.

GingerP
01-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Here's the issue with your articles, all of the Dallas games they picked where either when they were the sole national game on in the time slot or a specialty game:
Dallas v. Washington - Thanksgiving
Dallas v. Pittsburgh - Fox National Late
Dallas v. Green Bay - Fox National Late
Dallas v. NY Giants - Sunday Night Football

If you're only by going by the numbers when they are the only option then of course their draw is going to look good, but what happened when they were up again other options?
Dallas v. Philadelphia - 9.65 Rating (3rd -Week 17)
Dallas v. Baltimore - 10.2 Rating (3rd - Week 11)
Dallas v. Cincinnati - 12.1 Rating (1st - Week 5)
Dallas v. Washington - 11.0 (3rd - Week 2)

Any good team can pull big numbers when they are the only game on, but when Dallas is H2H with other game options they don't have the pull they once did. That's not say they are bad or don't have a national audience because they do, but it has lessened.

Dallas is the biggest draw in the NFL when it comes to TV Ratings:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/13/dallas-cowboys-playoffs-nfl-tv-ratings

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-why-the-cowboys-success-may-have-saved-the-nfl-from-a-tv-ratings-nightmare/

Albany,n.y.
01-23-2017, 03:08 PM

That's the TV show after JR died & they had to cancel it.