PDA

View Full Version : Bills Interview Ken Dorsey for OC Spot

DraftBoy
01-18-2017, 09:42 PM
http://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/01/bills-interview-panthers-qbs-coach-for-ken-dorsey-for-oc

Dorsey is a former QB from Miami who also played in the NFL. Was the QB Coach for Cam Newton during his MVP year.

Mr. Pink
01-18-2017, 10:03 PM
Interesting choice.

Always thought he was a guy who had a career in coaching.

Was absolutely brilliant even when he was a backup QB.

swiper
01-19-2017, 04:28 AM
New OC Candidate: Joe Person of The Charlotte Observer is reporting that the Bills interviewed Panthers QB coach Ken Dorsey for the open offensive coordinator spot. It is the first confirmed interview for the position. The 35 year old obviously coached with Sean McDermott in Carolina and worked closely with Cam Newton as his position coach since 2013. He has been with the Panthers since 2011. He had a big college career at Miami and spent six years as an NFL QB.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article127354569.html (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article127354569.html)

swiper
01-19-2017, 04:32 AM
Will get the job IMO. As I expected, someone off the grid. Would explain the offensive coach hirings in advance too.

DraftBoy
01-19-2017, 05:35 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/236322-Bills-Interview-Ken-Dorsey-for-OC-Spot

YardRat
01-19-2017, 06:02 AM
Merged per request.

Mahdi
01-19-2017, 07:29 AM
No experience calling plays... great.

Basically, we have not a single person on the offensive side of the ball who has been a play-caller before and our HC is a defensive guy.

When Lynn got promoted to OC he at least had Palmer and Kromer who had both been OCs in the past.

ICRockets
01-19-2017, 07:31 AM

Basically, we have not a single person on the offensive side of the ball who has been a play-caller before and our HC is a defensive guy.

When Lynn got promoted to OC he at least had Palmer and Kromer who had both been OCs in the past.

We already fired you, Rex. Why are you still posting here?

Mahdi
01-19-2017, 07:33 AM
We already fired you, Rex. Why are you still posting here?

Yeah I'm sure Rex would be the only person with concerns with the coaches we have in place on the offensive side.

ICRockets
01-19-2017, 07:37 AM
Yeah I'm sure Rex would be the only person with concerns with the coaches we have in place on the offensive side.

Again, you're fired. What's with this "we" crap?

Buffalogic
01-19-2017, 09:36 AM
Mahdi has a weird obsession with Lynn. He's a guy who has been an OC for 10 games and has been attached at Rex's hip for over a decade. Why he wants that for our HC, I have no idea.

Also, before it Mahdi brings it up, we had no shot at Whisenhunt if we kept Lynn so let's go ahead and nip that in the bud.

Homegrown
01-19-2017, 09:55 AM

I don't think it matters....ever notice that the genius coordinators have great QBs?....Norv Turner, Charlie Weis, Todd Haley, etc all look damn good with AllPro QB's...not so much with out them.

Who ever the Bills hire as OC is doomed to fail as long as there is no legitimate QB on the roster

DraftBoy
01-19-2017, 10:07 AM

Skipper has been a OC in the past.

Saratoga Slim
01-19-2017, 10:37 AM
I'm actually more interested in something like this than the washed up, historically unsuccessful retreads like Olsen and Childress

Mahdi
01-19-2017, 10:37 AM
Skipper has been a OC in the past.

OC one year at UCLA.

DraftBoy
01-19-2017, 11:04 AM
OC one year at UCLA.

Yes, but you were the one who was utilizing having assistants as OC to help Lynn. If Dorsey is the guy he'll also have an assistant who was an OC.

Goobylal
01-19-2017, 11:33 AM

Is Palmer gone?

Mahdi
01-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Yes, but you were the one who was utilizing having assistants as OC to help Lynn. If Dorsey is the guy he'll also have an assistant who was an OC.

Ya the guys helping Lynn would have been Palmer and Kromer. Palmer alone has been OC for 3 different teams.

I'm not trying to be negative about these hires but I am critical of them. Mainly because it really seems as though McDermott didn't have a great plan for attacking top coordinators.

DraftBoy
01-19-2017, 12:02 PM
Ya the guys helping Lynn would have been Palmer and Kromer. Palmer alone has been OC for 3 different teams.

I'm not trying to be negative about these hires but I am critical of them. Mainly because it really seems as though McDermott didn't have a great plan for attacking top coordinators.

Yes, you are. It's not a big deal if you're trying to or not, but at least be realistic. You've been critical of every hire as soon as it looked like they weren't going to hire Lynn.

Buffalogic
01-19-2017, 12:27 PM
Yes, you are. It's not a big deal if you're trying to or not, but at least be realistic. You've been critical of every hire as soon as it looked like they weren't going to hire Lynn.Bingo. It's all about Lynn sour grapes.

Mahdi
01-19-2017, 01:03 PM
Yes, you are. It's not a big deal if you're trying to or not, but at least be realistic. You've been critical of every hire as soon as it looked like they weren't going to hire Lynn.

Lynn was far and away my #1 choice based on who was available and the fact that he had a good thing going with our offensive personnel. Also based on the fact that if we had a better D, with the offense we have we could have been in the playoffs this season.

Simply the HC candidates the Bills were looking into and eventually settled on simply aren't so attractive to merit moving on from Lynn.

If we were hiring Gruden, Josh McDaniels (even though I wouldn't want him), Kyle Shanahan, Todd Haley etc. I would understand the idea of it being too good to pass up.

But this group of coaches compared to what we would have had doesn't make sense. Only thing I can think of is that Lynn wanted Tyrod and McDermott suggested we scrap the whole QB position and find a new long-term answer and Terry agreed.

swiper
01-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Merged per request.

Thank you.

swiper
01-19-2017, 01:13 PM
Is Palmer gone?

You're right. Keep forgetting about him. He could do it and wouldn't be a bad choice. Knows the players, their capabilities, the teams needs, and the old playbook. Would give some consistency of scheme to players like the o-line. etc. Good call Gooby.

Mr. Pink
01-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Palmer can be fired too.

He hasn't done anything of value in the league in 20 years.

It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up with some meaningless role with the Ravens since he followed Roman here from SF.

Goobylal
01-20-2017, 08:49 AM
So much for all the media and their sources.